How do I know when I'm being bluffed?

chacaito

chacaito

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very common that from time to time, a bluffer appears who raises the bet and continues to play me and shows and has nothing, It is annoying how I can detect them when they bluff, or some tips to not fall for bluffers so much

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!:ciao:
I think there is no single universal answer.
I can recommend you:

1. To play more tightly and enter the pot only with strong hands.

2. Watch the behavior of the players at the table - usually after an hour it is already possible to identify those who like to bluff.

3. Do not bluff if you suspect that there are a lot of bluff lovers at the table.

4. Take notes about the players - they will help you a lot over time.

Good luck!:)

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch for a player that is consistently raising against you. Wait for the right moment with the right cards. You'll love the experience.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would add - bet timings, bet sizings based off previous hands that have gone to showdown, read on the way opponent plays (if they play a lot of hands - they are more likely to have bluffs, pretty simply but rings true often) and then combinations of variants such as board texture and bet sizings - some players will smash 65% 65% all in on the flop, turn and river on their flush draws (Myself included - especially if opponents folds too much). Sometimes in a pot, though not always, you have to make a stand against that player and call them down which will usually decelarate their bluffing tendencies to you specifically -

3bets are one of the best tools you have to make bluffs fold

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffers

As others have said watch how a player plays and how many hands he/she raises or pushes the pot. As we all know a lot of players will once raising pre flop will continue betting and try buying it. If the site you play on allows so take notes on players --this has helped me as have found watching others I am playing against have a pattern like raising every 8th hand or pushing a bet /pot depending on what position they are sitting at..

GL ALL :D

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try making sure you have the nuts. Or sometimes you have to be like to hell with it I'm just gonna go all in.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I wish I knew! I feel like every time I have someone who I think is bluffing and I make a move because I like my cards, I find out the hard way they had something better or the rest of the cards don't cooperate with me. But when it does work out that I can take their chips, I'm a happy girl! LOLL

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

You really don't know. What you do know is what you have and what's laying open on the table. The more poker you play the more comfortable and confident you will become with those situations

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
analyzes the player when his bets are paid. Play him with good cards and you will see how you get better results.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bet sizing on the streets.

And how players tell their "story" on some hands.

blef121

blef121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello, I think it's impossible to find out, but the chances of bluffing can be considered as probable, but it's not possible to know for 100%

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When opponent check on flop and than on turn too and suddenly bet big on river than most of the time its a bluff.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that could happen in more hands......the bluffer do that often in same game or tournament ....if you not sure you call it one time

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I follow a very simple tactic. I just calmly watch and wait for strong cards and when the good opportunity arises, I try to create a trap for my opponent.

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not all players are capable of big bluffs or 3 street bluffs... Its fine to be bluffed cuz you know that same person will try again...

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to pay attention on the players on your table and how they are playing. If you can, make notes of them. Based on that, it's going to be easier to catch a bluff.

L

LOOPY

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wish I really knew. From my own experience:
I have bluffed many a time, and got away with it.
I've bluffed many a time and got called.
I've been bluffed many a time and folded with a winning hand.
Playing online against an unknown opponent is very hard to consistently call a bluffer.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some questions to ask yourself....

Does the line they took make sense for their range? Are you blocking or unblocking additional card combinations that they would take this line with?

Are they betting an amount that they appear to be protecting against a draw that is on the board by pricing you out of it? This is usually straightforward and not a bluff, but if that draw comes in it might provide an opportunity for you to bluff depending on your blockers, range, dollar level, and opponents tenancies.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is very difficult to understand a bluff, it is more a psycology subject, or some details at the moves of the game. Just play your game!

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dear chacaito, your question is very interesting. Whoever has the answer to this and can practice in the game of poker will certainly be a big winner.

T

TomCj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you Know

I don't think there is any way to KNOW
a player is bluffing a specific hand in online poker

sometimes you can pattern a player who frequently bluffs,
but it is difficult if they play the same way when they have the nuts

The showing the bluff is just their psych-game -
some players love to needle other players,
hoping to get them to call into their hand
when they are NOT bluffing

Just try to keep your cool
and hold on till YOU have the nuts!

TC

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You should not react emotionally to such players and their provocation. First of all, they want to irritate you with their actions and make you make a mistake. The main thing is not to play with junk and be patient, and then such opponents do not threaten you.