How to deduce what cards the villain might have. how to bet?

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always have a question about when the villain has a card or not, for example when he only checks even though he has a card. How do I stop myself from falling? For example, do I bet 1/3 of the pot if he calls, do I fold in the next hand if my cards are, for example, the second strong hand at the table? Or bet less? What would be an ideal size?

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always have a question about when the villain has a card or not, for example when he only checks even though he has a card. How do I stop myself from falling? For example, do I bet 1/3 of the pot if he calls, do I fold in the next hand if my cards are, for example, the second strong hand at the table? Or bet less? What would be an ideal size?
The answer to your question depends on many factors. Namely, from the stage of the tournament, format and structure, from the number of opponents at the table, from the size of your stack and the size of your opponents' stack, from many factors. It is simply impossible to give a specific answer to a question formulated in this way.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting trapped is part of poker our Villains want to check made hands as well as missed hands often on many boards we will use a small bet size 33% or less often as they will fold their missed hands but continue with better hands- that is the basic idea- as others have said it can change in many ways

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Judgments are made based on position and various on-the-spot situations. It's quite a time-consuming task.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'd suggest posting some of your hands in the Tournament section, under 'Hand Analysis'
Be sure to include details.
There's probably a post/thread that explains how to post a hand on the forum.

If you're able to get help from someone re: how to properly post a hand, I'd be happy to analyze it for you. :)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
When poker players analyze hands and hand history, we often refer to ourselves as heroes and our opponents as villains.Range thinking is an important concept in poker. We use the concept of hand ranges when we try to determine what possible hands our opponents might have in any given poker situation. It is much easier and much more realistic to assume that our opponents have a whole range of hands, rather than just one specific hand.The ability to read the range of possible combinations of our opponents is something you should strive to master.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i wish i could help u but i am not good in that situation too.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You can try to check first and then on the another street bet big size of rate and if opponent do not fold he has good hand

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We can guess what our opponent's range is, depending on the position, the number of chips, the size of the opponent's raise or call, how aggressively he plays, if it is a tournament, then we take into account the phase of the tournament and, based on our assumptions, we place a bet, trying to take away from opponent maximum number of chips!!! There are several types of bets: a bluff bet, a bet to get chips, a bet to protect your hand, or a test bet!!! We make a test bet, for example, if your opponent raises and you don’t know what to do, then (if the number of chips allows) you can make a small reraise, this will give you information about the strength of your opponent’s hand!!!