How to combat fish floater who'll play any two cards?

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But we are talking about micros where like I said, these guys will call with underpairs and broadway cards AND they will play bottom pair and just a pair of 9s strong.
All fish are not the same. It's sub-optimal to assume they are since it leads to playing against them all the same way.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All fish are not the same. It's sub-optimal to assume they are since it leads to playing against them all the same way.

^ this +1

and BTW, I love going into fish mode.

MUAHAHAHA

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
"He even plays KK the same way as I saw him show down a hand where he just limped in from sb after someone else had limped. And he just called 3 bets after that."

He was trapping with the kings.The limper showed no strength and there was only the BB left.had he raised the limper would have folded as would the BB.

The only way to get value from the KK was to limp and hopefully check/raise if the limper or BB hit a pair on the flop.

This guy was playing a winning style that is why he had a stack.

The bets against your JJ and QQ were because he read you as capable of folding on threatening boards, if you appear tight LAGs will test your nerve all night.

It might cost you a buy-in ( small a micro anyway ) but you have play back at these players to find out what they are doing.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ this +1

and BTW, I love going into fish mode.

MUAHAHAHA

The question is do you know how to play any other way?

"He even plays KK the same way as I saw him show down a hand where he just limped in from sb after someone else had limped. And he just called 3 bets after that."

He was trapping with the kings.The limper showed no strength and there was only the BB left.had he raised the limper would have folded as would the BB.

The only way to get value from the KK was to limp and hopefully check/raise if the limper or BB hit a pair on the flop.

This guy was playing a winning style that is why he had a stack.

The bets against your JJ and QQ were because he read you as capable of folding on threatening boards, if you appear tight LAGs will test your nerve all night.

It might cost you a buy-in ( small a micro anyway ) but you have play back at these players to find out what they are doing.

Ummm. No.

C

Carmine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for cards..check raise, check raise and than check raise some more.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone (Belladonna I believe), recently compared me to BBB. I was shocked.:eek:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Someone (Belladonna I believe), recently compared me to BBB. I was shocked.:eek:
What? Come on.. no way.:eek:

Although.... the other day someone compared me to this >

Attachments

• waaa.gif
    waaa.gif
    75.3 KB · Views: 45
okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Hey, P.O.jr just got his aces cracked by 7/2o.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whether I screwed up royally or not, this particular guy I mentioned in the opening post is a fish. You don't lose hundreds of bucks at 4NL unless you're terrible.

He was running good, and I was running bad.

The trouble is that during such times (no fold equity, cards go against me), it seems impossible to win.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More inane thoughts...

U all wanted fish in the game, quit bitching when you get them. I on the other hand have always supported those noobs learning the game using play money.

When swimming with the school of fish, you can not be a shark. You will look like the fish, and the real killer whale will eat you all alive.....in one gulp.

Those inane thoughts aside. What I have found is that those situations, which I actually look for, where the table is passive, present great opportunities. Learn the post flop game. Seems to be more apparent in PLO, 6max. I can sit down and play tight for a long time while others are doing all the work, and the instant a limper sits down and alters the temperament of the table, I join in with the limper. Tends to tone down the table, and 2 limpers at a PLO 6max table will make poker the focus, rather than just the isolated agro aspect of poker.

That's when the post flop part of the game pays off.:confused::confused::confused:

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Good point dj, why not leave this table and find one more to your liking.

All the fold equity in the world won't fold out a calling station.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Good point dj, why not leave this table and find one more to your liking.

All the fold equity in the world won't fold out a calling station.
So we want to leave tables that have calling stations on them? I'm confused:confused:

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These types of tables are great double up opportunities, but it depends a lot on getting hands and how well you connect with the board. The trouble is during bad runs when you miss consistently (air with AJ+ and get outdrawn with PPs against junk). And I haven't found a solution to it yet.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to leave because you keep getting that potential double up carrot dangled in front of you but more times than not, you never actually get that carrot.

Tonight it's a 53/18 guy ripping me up. I never lost the whole stack on anything but he got me three times (I had to fold twice after the big ace missed -- he showed me one time and he did flop top pair -- and another time I just had to fold with 4 suited cards on the board). Finally doubled up once against him but overall still down to him.

Now at another table with another one sitting on my right. This guy loves to call any raise and then check raise the flop.

Seems to be a crazy way to play but he hasn't been burned yet. Passive pre, super aggro post. Amazing stuff.

IF I get anything I should be able to double up... but he hasn't lost a pot yet. Same story.

Just 20 hands in though, so it's still early.

EDIT: He just ripped up QQ with 93 as I wrote this. Luckily I wasn't the vict.

Last edited:
JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are not tring to double up.We are tring to empty his account is the goal