ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Basically ad the title says, how big do you go? I know it changes all depending on position and what other players do, but in general how big do you go?

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As much as I think I can to get some action! I have no problem jamming aces or playing them slower all depends on opponent and situation for me

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, for me when I played poker I saw AA lost a lot of time, because sometimes the players want to get more chips, and they lost because is difficult fold this powerful hand, for that usually I go all in to don’t regret.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I go all in and don't give it a 2nd thought. Worse case scenario a person has a pair of 2's in their hand and a 2 comes on the flop.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As big as you would raise anything else imo. If you're jamming like 50+ blinds every time you get aces then you're not going to get much action. Someone earlier said it, but you usually want to raise as much as you think someone will call.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just giving the right price to the right customers.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Unfortunately, we all suffer from the fact that we are trying to squeeze everything into some standard solutions and approaches. My point is that poker is a complex game and is not reduced in any way to mathematics. I got the coveted AA and seriously thought about it when I realized that I could show my opponent, it all depends on the situation.

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on the situation and position at the table, but when you have AA, you want to build the pot and make a 3-4 bet. If your opponent has a strong hand, they will likely call. From there, it will depend on the flop and the specific situation. However, if you are confident that you have the nuts, it's advisable to bet at least half of the pot.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Normal bet if I'm first in action. Always normal re-rise if the there was action before me. I want to have a bigger pot and don't like trapping pre-flop as you usually trap yourself that way. Post flop is a post flop play. Got to see the cards that drop and know your opponent. :)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In early pos: 2.5xBB
Mid pos: 3xbb
Late pos: Same unless a preflop raiser has entered the hand
Blinds: Bet accordingly, in my humble opinion. :whistle:

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually with AA and the other hand I raise 2 BB, regardless of the position and stage of the tournament.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Standard 3BB. At the limits that I play, few people pay attention to what cards and what size the opponent raises preflop with.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Basically ad the title says, how big do you go? I know it changes all depending on position and what other players do, but in general how big do you go?
Big big. The alternative is to flat call in early position then make a big re-raise or go all-in to a raise, but if no one raises you may have to let them go because there will be too many draws against you.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It always depends on the circumstances. Where are you playing, your place, the size of the stack, what raise was made in front of you. In general, you should raise in 4BB and not go limp. If there was a raise in front of you, you should reraise in 2-4 BB.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on the position, but I already have a base, 4x normally, if someone bets before me, I'll go all in, that's usually it.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By my opinion and experience, sometimes better to go All-in with AA at once!.. That possibly, eventually, may to help to less
the stupid bad beats on river against the several opponents... But this is only my private opinion!

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
At least 4BB, or 7BB, or 14 BB (if is fishy player, heads up), for open. It can also min raise (for open).

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost always all-in with no excuse.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if I open then 2 bb opens as usual if someone opens I raise him 6 bb if someone else raises I just call I don't show my strong hand, and if the player just calls further I play as if I play with the middle hand

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In cash games same size open every hand.

Varying open sizes by hand strength is a huge leak that is very easy to exploit.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is primary, if you have AA and you are on an mtt or sng and the timing of the game does not depend on that specific hand, you raise as much as possible, increasing the all-in.

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
As much as I can :ROFLMAO:
The joke aside, between 3 and 5 BB. I play mostly tournaments, so if my stack is < 20BB, all-in basically with any big pair, not only AA.
If there is an openly aggressive player, I might try to play AA slowly, but it rarely happens as I am usually too inpatient to raise :D

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My rates are all standard. Whether I have two aces or, for example, 910 of the same suit, I always raise 2.4 BB and add 1 BB if someone before me comes into the hand with a limp, or 3bet if someone before me raises, and in my experience these bets give the most value.