How is the best way to play with AA?

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest playing AA aggressive on the preflop, you don't want people joining the flop with stupid hands, who will beat your AA.

Z

ZingyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on if playing cash or tourneys.

Cash is 100% raise or re-raise. Postflop its only a pair, but still good to take down the pot 90% (from folds + overpair etc)

In tourneys it can depend on how deep you are and what position you are in. I might min raise them from SB into BB, but 3-4x from early mid position.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
1- We have to enter the pot looking for the best way to make the most of the favorable mathematical situation.

2- We have to try to bring as few people as possible into the pot so that our mathematical situation is still quite favorable, but without putting the whole world out of the way.

3-If your strategy fails, be prepared to drop the AA as if it were a 72off.

chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
an increase of 3 BBs and then all depends on your opponent)
if he pushes you will all-in. or if he check you will raise 30-40% of pot)
but it's only my opinion)

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It still leaves me pondering sometimes through the years about this kinda question... playing aces normally would be like "firing a bazooka at the the side of a barn from like 10 feet away" :confused:

Oh, my bad... some players must be "blowing themselves up" by getting caught up in the "back-blast" area... :D

It would intrigue me more if people were asking questions like "how to play 34s profitably from under the gun"...

My logic is "if you don't know how to play aces, pretty much from anywhere... maybe you should fold them... and stick to playing 72o..." :p

Play 'em for maximum value while attempting to minimize the amount of players in the pot(what? like 1-2max?) while doing so... imho...

Last edited:
korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It still leaves me pondering sometimes through the years about this kinda question... playing aces normally would be like "firing a bazooka at the the side of a barn from like 10 feet away" :confused:

Oh, my bad... some players must be "blowing themselves up" by getting caught up in the "back-blast" area... :D

It would intrigue me more if people were asking questions like "how to play 34s profitably from under the gun"...

My logic is "if you don't know how to play aces, pretty much from anywhere... maybe you should fold them... and stick to playing 72o..." :p

It's more about how to maximize the profit with AA and how to see that 2 out of 10 times you won't win win AA and be able to fold on that hands.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's more about how to maximize the profit with AA and how to see that 2 out of 10 times you won't win win AA and be able to fold on that hands.

yeah... i feel u... i had to catch my own faulty logic... and was editing while you were posting... gp...
I have to remember how many times I goofed with 'em when I first started playing...:eek:

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can play aggressive. You can raise pre flop to less villains enter the pot and pray to flop a set.
Today it happens to me. I hold pocket aces, flopped ace, turned ace, I won against two villains a very big pot.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with AA

I think if you can get as many players with as many chips all in preflop is your best situation.

so best and optimuzed situation

get all people on the table preflop all in.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I guess you mean in a tournament , ofcourse play it aggressively , I don't like hear some saying slow playing Aces , you could find troubles . Raise the amount you have to bet , and if nb enters , well , nb would neither way call your bet/enter the pot . I saw some hilarious failures , even at sunday million and big tournaments by slowplaying AA . bet strong . I see it at cash games , I bet 3x and even this is not enough , so easy to be cracked . Today I folded AA , didn't call a 1$ bet , smell a set .... I hate it , I wish I could see his cards.... ok, raise raise and again raise:)

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends yet the situation is not cool
But in 99% I think is still aggressive