How To Become A Successfull Player?

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
study study study like half your time for poker should be studying the game and the meta game then start learing card extraction and learing how to get thin value with your hands once can do this well your on your way note sometimes you can value own yourself in these situations but once you get good way profitable. Now then learn boards that people are gonna bluff you off of and start analyzing those hands and start feeling em out with your gut and last and maybe most importantly do not lose your composure at table if you fell this happening for gods sake close computer or take break from the tables it is so easy to spew buy in's and much much harder to grind them back to even. Last point emphasis is do not chase losses poker is game of variance and when its bad accept and move on as it is inevitable and can go on for long stretches potentially weeks on end so if you can break even when running like shit that is amazing then when the cards turn you will be raking in money like a bandit

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

I believe you have to have good bankroll management and use the math to play your hands. Only chase win the odds call for it. If you can stick to that you will win in the long run. Good luck !

H

Honest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Study the game and what has come before you and what is happening now.
By playing hands that are going to be stronger than your opponent at showdown, and only bluffing when you have a reason to think your opponent will fold to your raise, you will find success at the tables.
You need to understand what hands can be profitable and why. You need to understand when bluffing can be profitable and why.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I advise reading the CARDMATES website. Pass the tests in different online poker schools for knowledge of the material. To apply what has been received in practice every day, not only relying on the features of the hands, but to develop one's own strategy in one or another distribution

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn with the sharks.Pay attention to the experts players and try to do the same raises they do.And you have to be luck too.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to become a lucrative player but what do I have to do to be a successfull player?:)

:icon_thum
I would advice to find game format you like to play and focus on that for longer period. Improvement or success wont come in poker without lots and lots of work.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Gain knowledge (Study a lot for that and be hasty to learn and while you learn, play to learn so not to earn money, you will be profitable when you are prepared.)

Keep your mind cool
Plan your Bankroll Management for keeping cool
Keep your financial's life balanced

I want to become a lucrative player but what do I have to do to be a successfull player?:)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to read everything that will help me correct my mistakes in the game. And as a beginner, it gives me results. I started winning big fields of players in the poker stars freeroll and getting prizes. This gives me the confidence to go further and believe that I can and will be a successful player over time.
there is a practice not to use additional software and calculators, I try to do it myself, developing the knowledge of mathematics. At first it was not easy, but now there is more experience in this. Labor will bear fruit, if not be lazy, and have a purpose in life.
I'm glad I found this forum, because I really have an opportunity to discuss something and communicate on the topic of poker. Many of my friends do not understand me and do not understand poker. and here in the club, I can learn something in poker, and I hope that I will have the opportunity to build my bankroll in the BLACK CHIP POKER. The experience of others is an invaluable experience for me

Last edited:
HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buy good poker books, I'd recommend

Super system 2 by Doyle Brunson 1st

and

The theory of poker by David Sklansky 2nd

In between reading these books, I'd also say just play freerolls/micro stakes and try to be a winning player there first. If you aren't a winning player in the micros you won't be in the higher stakes.

I'd also go in with the mindset of losing money in the beginning and trying to improve as fast as possible. Try to track the hands you feel uncomfortable and try to piece together what you could have done better. If you go over your hands on even a semi regular basis you are going to mitigate that learning curve much faster.