How To Become A Successfull Player?

Ninja Jyraia

Ninja Jyraia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to become a lucrative player but what do I have to do to be a successfull player?:)

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Study. The more work you put in away from the tables, the better your results will be at the tables.

Dora

Dora

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will need a lot of time to learn the game and you have to give your life for poker. I don't have much time for poker games, so I'm the biggest fish in it.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend studying more recently published books. Probably from 2011 or newer. Watch as many hand analysis as you can find youtube is great for this. Subscribe to PokerGo and watch as much tournament play as possible. You have to see what other players are doing. Subscribing to a coaching website will help a lot.

D

DaNutts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Minimize your losses. Try not to keep buying in for tourneys or cash games if its just not your night

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Simple win a huge big tournament cash for $150000 plus sounds easy right in theory but put it into practice that will be success provided you do not gamble it all back good luck.:top:

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watch the top players twitch channels and read the latest books. Poker has developed exponentially since the first editions of poker manuscripts, many of them are outdated and the advice is old and exploitable. Study hand histories with better players or even a coach. Even top professional players work hard on their games and get coaching. Good luck.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to become a lucrative player but what do I have to do to be a successfull player?:)
for a good game, first you need to choose what you'll be playing, this MTT or SNG can cache games, and try to develop in one game, do not play everything, every game has its own strategy. Be sure to watch the streams of progressive poker players!

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Study the game. Play as much as you can. See alot of hands. See what kind of tourneys work for you multi, sit and go, cash game...

Gaining experience will help. You will know what to do in certain hands.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is one of the best intros to how to learn how to play I have seen.

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find the best thing is dedicating time to poker. I have to balance it with the rest of my life, but when I can set aside time where Im not busy or distracted and I can focus on play and study that is the best. my quality of play is way better too.

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be prepared to lose before you win play smallstakes to get a feel then move up to at least $5 games and most importantly invest in yourself get a good bud get some coaching software or sites ( not the free ones) the. Get a personal coach who reviews your hands with you . Learning what everyone else does just makes you the same having someone else help plug your leaks is thebest thing you will do

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Follow the advice of professionals, read the theory, the psychology of poker, but do not play the way they play.
They already have a game on top of the "-meta poker" and how they play in different hands, it's too early for new players to play.

Learn and play your game from the soul and knowledge. And the god of poker will notice you)

Last edited by a moderator:
vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of training and a lot of studying teaching materials on poker, a lot of playing in tournaments and in the cash game you need too, and you will be able to play each time better and better!

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure that you need to be disciplined, organized, and having the willingness to study day after day and the most important. You have to have SMART goals.

Last edited:
Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure that you need to be disciplined, organized, and having the willingness to study day after day and the mos important. You have to have SMART goals.
Right. Always keep your hand on the pulse of poker.

You will need a lot of time to learn the game and you have to give your life for poker. I don't have much time for poker games, so I'm the biggest fish in it.
Even the largest fish can harm the shark. More growth, and sharks will be afraid of you.[emoji110] [emoji106] [emoji12]

I can play for days, but I do not have enough discipline in myself. Therefore, I fail sometimes. So I have something to work with myself

Last edited by a moderator:
Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
To be a successful player, you need to work hard and upgrade your skills every day. You need to play regularly, at least for 4-8 hours a day. It is also important to read good books and articles. Everything you need for training can be found on this site. Good luck.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Play systematically, and be patient, gathering experience!

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could tell you what I do but I'm barely a winning player so I'd be with you and be the one asking this question.

But I just bought another book and will be reading through it and what I really wanna do is figure out how to do really quick math in my head at the table to figure out how often my opponent has a hand, how many of those hands am I ahead of, what bet size can I put out there to get him to continue while also giving him bad pot odds for a draw etc. Questions like these I just need to have the answer to much much faster than I do now. I can get the right answer, it just takes me a few minutes of doing math on paper and I don't have that time while playing. So I think doing this work away from the table all the time is what gets you faster in these situations

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
friend, you will only be a great player over time, online poker depends a lot on luck, but in live poker it will depend on luck your ability to play and learn to perceive how your opponents play.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to gain enough experience and lose a lot of money, maybe then you will become smarter and successful player