how to beat someone who is just lucky

N

num1dan1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
had over till river pocket aces ace k suited lost on both 1 to a 3 7 off suit want to quit ant advice

P

Peak92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol, what do you want to hear? It's poker, sometimes (unfortunately more often than you want) worse hand wins. Beware, donks play everywhere...

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
you have to accept the fact that you can lose from a bad hand,did you raise preflop ?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad beats happen to all of us. :)

You need to tell us how the hand was played in order for us to know if you made a mistake or if there was nothing you could have done to prevent it.

S

Stone Cold Tom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is not much you can do man accept hope for the best in the future. You know, you are not alone. It happens to me a lot too and a bunch of other people so don't get discouraged. I'll give you just one advice raise preflop at least 5-6 blinds with a monster hand. It's a lot more difficult to call that raise with some low or mediocre hand.

Aceplayer55

Aceplayer55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
37o beats AKs almost 1/3.

You cant beat lucky, because if you do, he's not.

Last edited:
fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This poker)))) someone lucky - you have no luck, someone is not lucky - you're lucky))
this is normal!!! do not tell anyone that you're not win with your bad hand

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi num1dan1 and welcome to Cardschat. Sorry if I missed your introduction. How long have you been playing? I'm thinking not very long, because the more you play, the more you will get used to bad beats. I don't even post them anymore. It happens, it's poker. But right here at CC you can learn a lot of things that can help you not to lose so much on those bad beats. So it's your chose to learn. GL to you

Ljuk358

Ljuk358

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

You must accept it... And don't tilt after few bad beats in row :) It is part of poker...

C

chenkata

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can BET that this wasnt happen on a cash table or a regular tournament ... or not after the regular rice bet .. i have seen such things a plenty of times when the Monster hand was just checked before the flop or it was just call... sometimes people are thinking "ok let me just call it and re rice later on ( early position i meen ) " and then no one calls and the BB just checked and flop two pairs and thats it 69% u are gone with your A A or A K ;)

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I assume that this happened while playing a Freeroll. Leave the Freeriolls to the donks and play cash games. You may get bad beats there but they are much fewer.

R

Ravibhaiya

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is not much you can do man accept hope for the best in the future. You know, you are not alone. It happens to me a lot too and a bunch of other people so don't get discouraged. I'll give you just one advice raise preflop at least 5-6 blinds with a monster hand. It's a lot more difficult to call that raise with some low or mediocre hand.
Then you can get only bb and sb, which you will loose after couple of hand

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
happens to us all it only makes me mad when i played hand correctly and still blows up in my face:(

EllinLucky

EllinLucky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rejoice in such cases, because there is an opponent who in most cases will pay for my aces. Good luck!

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Without a hand history you might as well be asking if Praying Mantis Kung fu beats Grasshopper Kung Fu... btw everybody knows Praying Mantis Kung Fu beats Grasshopper Kung Fu unless Praying Mantis slow plays his claws or Grasshopper just gets lucky around 14% of the time.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can never beat someone with luck on his side. Even the most skilled player will never beat a lucky donk or fish or whatever we call them.
The best thing a skilled player could do is to avoid getting crippled by a lucky hand, fold if he feels the air of luck is not on his side. A lesser skilled player will always get crippled by a luckier hand, because a lesser skilled player will also put his stack on luck and whoever is luckier will win.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It just seems we remember the bad beats more often than when the best hand won IMHO:)

C

CHILKORIVER

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Players who rely on luck will eventually lose all their chip stack. Ive seen it happen many times.

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can`t avoid it. in tournaments on your table there is somebody who is the most luckiest person in the world, that`s very annoying but nothing to do. :(

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best way to beat someone that’s only winning because they’re lucky is to keep playing against them :)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best way to beat someone that’s only winning because they’re lucky is to keep playing against them :)
Good to hear that there is a light at the end of the tunnel from someone who's seen it close up. Luck (good and bad) is real. I've had a couple of lucky runs over the past ten years. Both times it felt really good - I literally was unstoppable. The feeling was like nothing else I've ever experienced ... twice in tens years.

The rest of the time I've had to fight for every chip. Poker is a marathon. Losing ten hands in a row when you are the 3:1 to 9:1 favorite can be depressing. So you just have to make the best of that eleventh hand when you do actually make it to the river with the nuts.

Last edited: