How to act when you dont have good cards and blind literally eats you???

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should be patient and keep playing. Do you actually have any other choice? :)

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
couple of things i would look at,you might be playing to tight long befor yer stack gets low-sometimes the cards just dont come,and you have to play position more,and betting more on hands that do come-toward the end of mtt it becomes a push or fold game when your short stacked -any pair or any 2 cards above j-q

Samuel Lee

Samuel Lee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Use fold/push charts. You can find a lot of them if you search it on google.
Stick to the chart and you are going to be ok in the long term.

Ahim

Ahim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience and try to resteal from sb or bb if bu raise

cellait

cellait

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have an average hand, you have to go friend. Choose the best hand and go. But the blind eat your chips.
It does not have much to do....

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was very card dead yesterday in one of my regular MTTs. All I could do was fold and fold some more. But I kept watching for places to shove with the best hands I had seen for 30 minutes, and I could take the pot because most of the other players had seen I was folding every hand and when I went all in, they assume I have a great hand and they fold most of the time. Also, if there were no calls or raises around to me, I would try to steal the blinds. This works about 80% of the time. Anyway, you have to take a stand at one place or another. I would rather go out fighting than letting the blinds take me out. Another thing you could try. If you are the SB or BB and the button tries to steal the blinds, fire all in back at him. I used all of this yesterday, and with the help from a big stack taking out 3 other big stack at once at the FT, I made it to 5th. You never know what's going to happen in this love/hate game. Just keep holding on and believing you will catch some good hands along with everything else you try. GL to you. One more thing want to say. Do Not Tilt or Panic. Just relax and keep thinking what you will do when it's your turn to play.

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just always be looking for more hands to play....can you steal from the villan, is the villan fit fold on the flop, does the villan fold to double barrels, can you make an unexploitable shove, etc. etc

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for good cards and if you hit the flop then try to collect mush as You can.
bluffing may hit you back.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play by instincts sometimes i let blind down cause know am not hitting others im pushing at right times often without calls. I dont always have right hand to play and bet all in but have read of table etc.. and take advantage if possible.

One rule is never fear losing and with that id rather go out with queen 3 at times over being blinded out. but you must also be aware of the bubble etc.. money situation etc.. is why sometimes choose to blind down. Just to get to certain pay level

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
would say
in tournament it is really not important how many big blinds you have.

the most important thing is , other player knocked out earlier than you.
with 1 chips you can still win 2nd or 1st.

so my answer try your best to survive in a tournament.and try your best to make others potentially being knocked out earlier than you on purpose.

so any legal methods are allowed, including, slow roll, clocking, shut down router on purpose to manually delay, and steal blinds, etc etc.
try to think this, at 10BB blinds 100/200, average stack 2000, you have 1000, you are in bad situation, but if you clocking purposely to blinds 250/500, average stack is 2000, humm would say you are not in bad shape, some 1500, 2000 even 5000 chips player would be a little worry.
:D

ElUsuario

ElUsuario

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait until the end, you must have patience or you can bluff, but for me in those cases is very dangerous

LoCcO_OhNo

LoCcO_OhNo

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,im new in this site and this is my first topic so forgive me if something is wrong.I always asking when im playing a cardschat game or bankroll and when i suceed to make in the 500 places most of the time what happens to me is i dont have good starting hand and blinds literally start to eats me until i lose almost a half of my chips and then im start to panic.Can anyone give me good advice about that situation?Thanks.

I would suggest learning M Theory... it gives you a plus minus number that tells you where you are in regards to the blinds vs your stack and a range of hands you should be looking at playing..

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker - it's a game. no one can win all the hands

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you start with 5000 chips, blind to 2500, double up, your back at 5000. What is the problem?

Usually when a tournament starts, you can win a small pot or lose a big one. I often prefer to join late so I don't have to lose chips through blinds like 10/20, 40/60, ect...

If everyone has 5k and the blinds are 25/50 and your raise with AA to 300, your still very likely to get 3 to 4 calls. Just a small % of people stacks. You go all in preflop, and you don't get called, you only win 75.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're going card dead and not getting any really good cards, you need to start opening up your range since your image is probably very tight now.

Can't wait for AA every time :D

gmctti

gmctti

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u feel that you opponent have the best game u have to fold, but if you belive that your game is better just go all in for no risk!