BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
What do the abbreviations PU, CA and OC stand for? And how to use the bottom table? Are all possible game scenarios listed in this table?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
What do the abbreviations PU, CA and OC stand for? And how to use the bottom table? Are all possible game scenarios listed in this table?
I'm not a user of this software but it looks like PU = push, CA = call, OC = over call.

In this light the bottom seems understandable. E.g. when player is on the button call with 1.4% of hands, QQ or better.

Not sure what you mean by all scenarios? It seems to give answers only to CO, SB, BB, and Button positions.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Not sure what you mean by all scenarios? It seems to give answers only to CO, SB, BB, and Button positions.

I already understood that not all scenarios are here... It's a pity that you can't count spots against raises and limps.

If, for example, we have a raise and then a push, then how much wider can we call on average than the ranges in the overcall column? Maybe there is some empirical rule that works well for evaluation?

Here is an example: CO - minraise, BU - push, and we are on the SB: if CO did not minraise, but shoved, then there advised to call on the range of 0.9%; if there was no minraise, then against a push from BU it is advised to call on a range of 4.2%

Maybe just the average between these values, rounded down (by the number of combos) works well? Like, we get 2.6%, round up to 2.3%, i.e. up to tt+ spectrum
Or is it better to take a narrower spectrum in such spots?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Maybe just the average between these values, rounded down (by the number of combos) works well? Like, we get 2.6%, round up to 2.3%, i.e. up to tt+ spectrum
Or is it better to take a narrower spectrum in such spots?
As always we should be factoring in as much information in any given situation as we can, so there probably isn't any standard, one-size-fits-all play here but most of the time this action would lead to a narrower range rather than wider...

That is my understanding, with regards to MTT (non pko) play at least ...

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
At least when mini-raising and shoving, the width of the range, that is, the boundaries, is known. In this example, the spectrum will be no narrower than 0.9% and no wider than 4.2%. Those, we are unlikely to make a very big mistake if we always call (in push/fold stacks) on the average between these two ranges.

But also yesterday i invented another rule, i just didn’t immediately write it here. The rule is: multiply the numbers in the overcall column (OC) by (Pi - 1)=2.14 :D
Joke, multiply by 2.

Then for this example, we get a 1.8% call range, or about JJ+, that is, a tighter range. It would probably be better that way.

Maybe someone who has a non-browser program with wider functionality, and who has extensive experience playing in a variety of spots, will advise something...

Last edited:
BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Today i thought that maybe it would be even better to play tighter - to multiply the OC column not even by 2, but perhaps by 1.5, then we get a range of QQ+

It really interesting is whether a mini-raise + all-in much closer to a more dangerous situation of pushing and calling a push by another opponent than to calling a push by only one opponent.

Who thinks what? Good rule of thumb for spots min-raise + all-in: (OC)×1.5 ?

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules