Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Assuming we have 15 outs

Turn = 15/47 = 31,91...%

River = 15/46 = 32,60...%

But how to calculate Turn + River combined?

15/47 + [32/47 * 15/46] , right??

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I did not understand what this calculation means.

If it is to calculate your odds, you can use rule 2 and 4.

If you have 15 outs and you want to know your odds only on the river, or just the turn, you only have to multiply by 2, but if you want to know the probability for turn and river together, that's multiplying by 4.

This account will give you an approximate percentage value of the chance to get an out that can improve your hand.

Read this text it helped me a lot: https://www.cardschat.com/odds-for-dummies.php

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online, probably you need to double that at least. The "random number generator" algorithm is a little flawed, let's say.

I win more when I go in dominated than when I go in the dominator.

The other night I matched up 4 times AK/AQ vs. three lesser aces and one KQ. Lost them all.

Same night went in dominated with KJ vs. AK one time. Won.

The very dominated hands won 5 times out of 5.

Last night in a critical hand, all in pre, I was a 94.5% fav. on the flop, but the guy gets runner runner flush.

I made an adjustment online, I try to loosen up now with likely dominated hands and it does work. Going deeper into tourneys now more consistently.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, you cannot factor both events together to get a meaningful outcome.
The turn and the river are mutually exclusive to each other and you are calculating false odds if you calculate them together. A lot of players starting out fall into this trap.
Always calculate them separately. Hope this helps!

:D