nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Referring to QJ/TJ and maybe KQ, the latter having more playability for 3bets, and makes good top pair hands.

Against tight players are these hands a little dangerous because they can be dominated easily, do lower suited connectors have more equity against tight players?

Should you mainly 3bet or fold?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For the second question it depends on your and your villain's position at the table, the type of game you are playing, and stack sizes. Also, suited hands would be more preferable and would be treated differently from unsuited hands.

These hands are dangerous depending on how you play them. They're drawing hands and should be treated that way. They aren't really for hitting top pair and punting away your stack on the river.

You can definitely three bet in certain situations, but it has to be reasonable based on all of the factors listed about the table.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don’t know but I really can’t fold such hands … especially 10J it’s my favourite one … I know I am wrong but I don’t care

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I'm not really sure if I play such hands correctly, but I tend to do something in that direction:

-Cash games: I usually just call with such hands (I might raise with KQ, especially suited, now and then) and see the flop. They are draw hands so they really depend on what we hit.
-MTT: Early on I'll usually play them the same as cash games, so calling for the most part. Later on I tend to fold such hands more often than not however, unless I'm a big stack.

But as said, I got no idea if that's a completely correct play.