Hello all. I’m seeking advice on what area I should study first

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just some more information on my progress.
I cashed €8 massive euros in a mtt yesterday.
I was in 80th and got pocket aces and got one to call all in.
They had pocket 9’s and made trips.
If I won that hand I would have been in a very good place.

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also I took a semi break because, and as I said I would go back over the first 13 days of the 30 day course.
It was well worth the revision as I was not doing all that was explained.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Going all in on pocket AA's is not always a sure thing position comes in to play and also timing for that push,in your case the timing was off friend it happens to us all better luck next time:tomato:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me the part that you should study first is the mental one, the rest will come by itself

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice makes a master...

Every new player when starting to get to know the world of poker, obviously must be informed by the basic principles, such as: the types of hands, who wins who loses, the positions at the tables, the management of the bankroll, etc ... :D:D:D

Prophet

Prophet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that new comers in to the poker world have such a big advantage comparing with the old timers, because today on twitch you can watch and study from the best winning players, and it does not cost anything.

And you could also dip your nose in to the free poker course provided by cardschat, this would be a good place to stars.

Last edited:
A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going all in on pocket AA's is not always a sure thing position comes in to play and also timing for that push,in your case the timing was off friend it happens to us all better luck next time:tomato:

Ah will you stop. If I get pocket aces in any position preflop I aim to get 1 or 2 max, all in. Position means nothing when I win 4 out of 5.
Any way that’s just my opinion so I will ask and see if I’m wrong

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would recommend starting with Position and hand selection.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank you. That will give me another tactic.
Players tighten up before the bubble, if you were in the top 50% would you play less to let knock each other out?

top 50%, or 'average chip stack' << these things are pretty much useless.
What you want to be considering is "The size of our chip stack vs. the size of the blinds" (& how that affects how we adjust our play)... and the size of our chip stack vs. the size of the chip stacks of ALL of the other players on OUR table.

Also, the bit I wrote above has more than one tactic in it. It actually attempts to provide info. on a few different scenarios based on what you'd said in previous post.

for a mid-sized stack >>
IF you are one of those mid-sized stacks, you might just have to play fairly tight 'due to ICM considerations' (depending on a few different things though... ie. if the bigger stack(s) are utilizing ICM pressure... if short stacks are re-jamming vs. steals often)

And.. just how deep those effective stacks are.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

care to explain?

How was their timing off? (the timing of 'luck'?)

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I started a thread;
All in pocket aces?

Go check it if you like but everyone agrees with me to shove after a re-raise with pocket aces.
I’ve also asked Colin/Katie and Jeff.
I suppose we never stop learning something new no matter what our level is.
Good luck on the tables and good health to you.

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
came 10th for my first cardschat freeroll club cash. Had 9,9 vs K 7 and they rivered the K.
Please say hi if thids was you GG

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was a little bit under the innfluence when I wrote that last night.
It was late here and I am Irish.

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Second pokerstars cardschat freeroll cash in a row.
Came 13th I think. Had 7 7 winning all the way until the turn , AGAIN
THEY SAY THERE IS A CHANGE IN LEVELS AS YOU GO UP THE MONEY AT MICRO.
Example, new players will play 2c and 10c.
I’ve moved up a level, if this is true.
I’m playing 25c to 1.10 mtts with similar results Am I moving up levels or are they all the same at micro?
What level are the freeroll players here?

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Second pokerstars cardschat freeroll cash in a row.
Came 13th I think. Had 7 7 winning all the way until the turn , AGAIN
THEY SAY THERE IS A CHANGE IN LEVELS AS YOU GO UP THE MONEY AT MICRO.
Example, new players will play 2c and 10c.
I’ve moved up a level, if this is true.
I’m playing 25c to 1.10 mtts with similar results Am I moving up levels or are they all the same at micro?
What level are the freeroll players here?
I came second in a $1 mtt last night. Won enough to take money out of my account!

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I came second in a $1 mtt last night. Won enough to take money out of my account!
Today I came first in 45 player tournament.

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I came first in 45 player tournament.
Today I came 2nd in a SnG.
And 6th in a tournament.
After this week I’m gonna finish the second half of the course as most of what I learned has become instinct.
Thank you all guys
P.S. I made a withdrawal. That’s all I want. Next one hopefully will be as big as my first luck big win.

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The areas I study first (and what order I study them in) depend on the direction I am approaching from but it usually will be one of these...

Eyes, face, T then A.

Or...

A, T, face then eyes.

Make sense? :laugh:

Right, now that I've got that little bit of somewhat un-pc jesting out of the way (my apologies ladies), onto my "real" answer..

Now, Allyte..!

Why on earth are you asking us, what you need to study, and in what order, for you only to reply "yeah, that's all above my level" after we've typed out some great suggestions for you?! :biggrin:

You should (and will) instinctively know what areas you need to study first...

What aspects of your poker game do you feel least comfortable with?

Study those.

What parts of poker strategy do you know least about?

Study those.

What types of poker do you want to play most often? (cash? tournament? HU? live? online?)

Study strategy specific to those.

What area of your game do you feel most confident with?

Study that, to make sure your confidence is well-founded and accurate.

Where's a good place to start studying, generally speaking?

The begining! :wink: :laugh:

Look for content titles such as 'the fundamentals', 'beginners course', 'crash course' and '101'. If what you read is new to you, keep reading. If it's stuff that you already know, skip ahead a little!

Once you've gone through that process, you'll be about ready to rinse, repeat and start it over again! :biggrin:

What you study, when and for how long can have a big impact but as long as you're studying something helpful, anything, it's good!

Do let me know if you'd like me to expand on or be more specific about any of this.

No-one knows your poker game and where you're at in poker, better than you! :p :eek:
Hello. How are you. I was new when you messaged me last time but I’ve come to see you get free money.
Would you like to help a poor beginner

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hello. How are you. I was new when you messaged me last time but I’ve come to see you get free money.
Would you like to help a poor beginner

Find material on your preferred format and get reading! :icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud

:wink:

Have you looked at the 30 days beginners course here at cardschat?

There's tons of stuff on YouTube but obviously be selective with who you listen to, never take anything as gospel..

Personally, that's pretty much what I did, combined with practice, and the progress I've made so far is now a starting point I'm relatively happy with.

Poker is like a can of worms inside a can of worms and when you open the can of worms inside the can of worms you end up back at the original can..

This is basically because poker is a constant process, which also evolves fairly quickly.

What are your ambitions and what kind of help are you thinking of? :)

Regards,

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Find material on your preferred format and get reading! :icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud

:wink:

Have you looked at the 30 days beginners course here at cardschat?

There's tons of stuff on YouTube but obviously be selective with who you listen to, never take anything as gospel..

Personally, that's pretty much what I did, combined with practice, and the progress I've made so far is now a starting point I'm relatively happy with.

Poker is like a can of worms inside a can of worms and when you open the can of worms inside the can of worms you end up back at the original can..

This is basically because poker is a constant process, which also evolves fairly quickly.

What are your ambitions and what kind of help are you thinking of? :)

Regards,
Hi
I’ve been using that course and it had changed my game into a slightly profitable player.
My aim is just to have the odd cash out of a few hundred €.
I see you are British, what part?
I’m from Kildare (Gtr. Dublin).
I saw your tread where a mystery someone was giving you money, does it still happen?
Would you like to help my bankroll?
Can’t beat free money.
Good luck and good health, especially in these times my friend!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi
I’ve been using that course and it had changed my game into a slightly profitable player.
My aim is just to have the odd cash out of a few hundred €.
I see you are British, what part?
I’m from Kildare (Gtr. Dublin).
I saw your tread where a mystery someone was giving you money, does it still happen?
Would you like to help my bankroll?
Can’t beat free money.
Good luck and good health, especially in these times my friend!

Hello pal,

Pleased to hear the course has helped you improve your game, cardschat really is an invaluable source of poker information with numerous highly talented players, with vast experience, who are willing to help others improve.

When you think about it, that's really something!

Considering there has been the attitude of it being 'poor form to educate a bad poker player', it's generous of those in-the-know to share their knowledge at all, and especially altruistic without renumeration.

Cashing out a couple of hundred dollars isn't too difficult, I've gone from $0 to $200 via freerolls and micros many times. So if your goal is to do that over and over again then I'd say it's far from impossible.

The most important factor in doing this, and even more so going beyond, is bankroll management. While it obviously isn't a factor when playing freerolls, the moment you set foot in micros (or any buy-in), it's crucial.

Yes I live in the UK (Norwich) for now but grew up all over the world. ireland is a wonderful part of the world, beautiful country with great people! :biggrin: Speaking of this, why aren't you watching easywithaces streams on Twitch? :wink:

Another good way to broaden ones poker horizons is to watch coverage of pros playing...

With regards the the unexpected bank payments, I discovered who they were from and returned the funds.

If I donated to every cardschat member who'd like a bankroll boost, I think I'd be pretty broke pretty fast, haha.. I'm not sure you were asking for free money but if you'd like to grow your bankroll I'd focus on strengthening your game and playing disciplined poker coupled with prudent BRM.

Windfalls such as people making NSA donations to your BR are generally reserved for Gladstone, haha.. :laugh:

That being said, when I finally break through and start achieving some of my bigger goals, don't be surprised when I show some gestures of appreciation for the CC community...

Thanks for the well wishes, same to you pal! :icon_thum

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello pal,

Pleased to hear the course has helped you improve your game, cardschat really is an invaluable source of poker information with numerous highly talented players, with vast experience, who are willing to help others improve.

When you think about it, that's really something!

Considering there has been the attitude of it being 'poor form to educate a bad poker player', it's generous of those in-the-know to share their knowledge at all, and especially altruistic without renumeration.

Cashing out a couple of hundred dollars isn't too difficult, I've gone from $0 to $200 via freerolls and micros many times. So if your goal is to do that over and over again then I'd say it's far from impossible.

The most important factor in doing this, and even more so going beyond, is bankroll management. While it obviously isn't a factor when playing freerolls, the moment you set foot in micros (or any buy-in), it's crucial.

Yes I live in the UK (Norwich) for now but grew up all over the world. Ireland is a wonderful part of the world, beautiful country with great people! :biggrin: Speaking of this, why aren't you watching easywithaces streams on Twitch? :wink:

Another good way to broaden ones poker horizons is to watch coverage of pros playing...

With regards the the unexpected bank payments, I discovered who they were from and returned the funds.

If I donated to every cardschat member who'd like a bankroll boost, I think I'd be pretty broke pretty fast, haha.. I'm not sure you were asking for free money but if you'd like to grow your bankroll I'd focus on strengthening your game and playing disciplined poker coupled with prudent BRM.

Windfalls such as people making NSA donations to your BR are generally reserved for Gladstone, haha.. :laugh:

That being said, when I finally break through and start achieving some of my bigger goals, don't be surprised when I show some gestures of appreciation for the CC community...

Thanks for the well wishes, same to you pal! :icon_thum
Thanks for the reply.
I’ve never heard of easywithaces streams on Twitch. What is it?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thanks for the reply.
I’ve never heard of easywithaces streams on Twitch. What is it?

No worries!

Easywithaces is an Irish lad (team Stars online pro btw) called Fintan Hand. He broadcasts streams of his poker sessions on Twitch.

The other thing I meant to mention in my previous post is how it blows my mind that people would risk losing access to cardschat by leaking pw's or by generally being an asshat...

The mind boggles!

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Came 6th in cardschat last night. Had to play risky at the end be cause off players like one above

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No worries!

Easywithaces is an Irish lad (team Stars online pro btw) called Fintan Hand. He broadcasts streams of his poker sessions on Twitch.

The other thing I meant to mention in my previous post is how it blows my mind that people would risk losing access to cardschat by leaking pw's or by generally being an asshat...

The mind boggles!
Why did you all just stop playing last night on the final table?
Thank god u did because it give me an idea to get from 9 to 4th I think