have you paid for a poker school?

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a lot of sites in English and Spanish, to study poker, with strategies, etc., I've never paid for a poker course, because I don't have any money :( but if I had money, I don't think I would pay for a poker course, because I think there are a lot of free places to study, CardsChat there is material to study, I used to study at the pokerstars school, watching live poker reviews with Ruben White and Fede Stern, now I watch the streamer on Twitch, and poker reviews.

Have you ever paid? or would you pay for a poker course, such as bencb789 or zerospoker? :unsure:

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Until now, he hasn't paid to go to a poker school, although I think it would be a good investment. I also consume free content just for fun, from which I learn

SES Inc.

SES Inc.

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Play play play and watch the pros. That is how you learn.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So far I have not paid to any poker school, I have learned on my own on you tube from players of my level.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
I never paid for the courses :)
But, I consider all buy-ins made by me as payment for direct training.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
When online poker began to get big there was not so much free material available - and no solvers of course. So besides buying books, I had subscriptions to instruction sites like DeucesCracked and Blufire Poker.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Many of the top players spend money on study material & coaching. The two pros I watch regularly both have spent and continue to spend money to improve their game. (and they also both coach others too)

I recently picked up a cash game course. It is excellent.
In the future I'm hoping to get good enough at poker that I will see value in hiring a coach to work with me.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
No, I've never paid for poker training because there are enough free materials to build the right thinking in poker after studying on your own, there are also free poker schools that you can join and study for free by completing their task as a coach and then raising the limits, they even give you money to play poker a large number of games

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've paid for a coach with Caio Pessagno (PS Poker Pro in 2016). My game got improved, but I'm still a recreational player.

meagain00

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I never paid for poker courses , like you said there are a lot of free places to study from YouTube and social media and recently i finished watching the CardsChat 30 Day Poker Training Course, and its really amazing and helpful courses for beginners and also advanced players

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
There are a lot of sites in English and Spanish, to study poker, with strategies, etc., I've never paid for a poker course, because I don't have any money :( but if I had money, I don't think I would pay for a poker course, because I think there are a lot of free places to study, CardsChat there is material to study, I used to study at the Pokerstars school, watching live poker reviews with Ruben White and Fede Stern, now I watch the streamer on Twitch, and poker reviews.

Have you ever paid? or would you pay for a poker course, such as bencb789 or zerospoker? :unsure:
I dont even study free stuff (like cardchat ones?) yet alone these which are behind paywall ...

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to get training through my rakeback deals.

It was really nice getting free training on multiple training sites and all I had to do was play to earn it.

I am not aware of any of those deals available currently in the USA, but I think the ROW can find some deals.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never paid any poker school... i think there is plenty of free content for learn around the internet :D

efrain123

efrain123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's not much to learn in poker schools you have to be very lucky

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I do not, but I will like to, knowledge is key to success in life, and poker is not the exception.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Some day I pay for a course of poker basic strategy and understand that I make a mistake

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have never paid for poker courses either. Firstly, I didn't want to spend my money on education, secondly, when I started, I thought that I didn't need any courses because I would be able to learn everything myself, because I'm smarter than others :)
Actually, I'm not smarter than others and I spent the first year just trying to basically understand the basics of the game :)

D

Doctrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I have paid for all the courses from ChasingPokerGreatness and I also paid for the 30-Day Bootcamp from PokerDetox.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have - but I would never do it again. They structure them so that you pay by the month or quarterly and I need to do them at my own pace. Both or the last times I paid for a quarter each time and barely had time to use it. It was a waste of money.

There are too many free ways to improve your game if you don't have time to invest in a specific period of time.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I often watch professional players go live and talk about some of the cards I share as gifts for them.
But I never thought of taking a class outside.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Nope, I never paid for a poker school! I learned to play poker when I was a child, I have several poker books, and the rest is practice and enjoying the game! :)

Miyagi not miyaji

Miyagi not miyaji

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I have - but I would never do it again. They structure them so that you pay by the month or quarterly and I need to do them at my own pace. Both or the last times I paid for a quarter each time and barely had time to use it. It was a waste of money.

There are too many free ways to improve your game if you don't have time to invest in a specific period of time.
I've heard many people say the same thing. That it is a waste of money and that you can find the exact same material for free.

I'm afraid I'm that kind of person that takes for granted when something is for free. I need to pay something to take it seriously

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I'm self-taught and have never paid for anything.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I didn't pay, but I'm thinking of paying, if I can get some money I might buy it.