Hands range for pre-flop all in?

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's the hands range that you usullay go all in?

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should check out the push/fold charts for this information. It depends on stack sizes, positions, etc. I believe there is one here on the forum. I use preflop+ App. It’s free for basic functions and gives you Nash charts for ranges to shove or call a shove based on stack sizes and positions. Very easy to use. You can always adapt to the table dynamics but gives you a great starting point.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems to me that there is no pre-flop in principle.And we go to ollin with a ready hand.It is not cost-effective to go to ollin yourself, you can scare off your opponent.But to call ollins with a ready hand is primitive.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's the hands range that you usullay go all in?

Every situation is different and what hands to go All-in with (or what hands we call off an All-in with) depends on a lot of variables such as effective chip stack sizes, opponent play-style and table image and so on.

When short stacked with 10 Big Blinds or less, or 15 Big Blinds or less if there is an ante in play), then we might open-shove All-in profitably with a range of hands like the "magic range" Collin Moshman and Katie Dozier describe in the cardschat 30 Day Course. It is entirely free for cardschat members, so why not check it out? :)

https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

The "magic range" given is a range of hands that perform better than some might expect when short-stacked. This range includes All suited Aces, All pocket pairs and All suited Broadway cards.

We might modify this range based on other factors when we become more experiences poker players, but this "magic range" is a close enough range to get you started so you aren't that exploitable.

This is a range only when short stacked though. If we have 100 Big Blinds in our stack, then we probably don't want to be calling off a random All-in shove without a good reason. AA and KK is almost always worth getting all of your chips in with though.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need a starting hand chart. There are tons of poker charts and starting hand tables online. There are plenty of them in the poker books, on the forums.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It really depends. I will go all in with any 2 cards when super short like 1BB but wont go all in without aces or kings with 100BB

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can go ollin with any card. Sometimes I do this to collect chips from the big and small blind, or just for fun at the beginning of the tournament, if it's a freeroll and I don't plan to win anything.

Z

ZerG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your position at the table, the size of the stacks and the level of play of your opponents play a big role.

corleonegerber

corleonegerber

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends of position and stack

I like to play more tight in early game, because there is no reason to go all in ever time when the blinds are cheaps. But if you have about 15bb, i think even JJ+ or AQo+ are good options to shove.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands