Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hey there,

Situation: UTG raises 2bb, HJ reraises 7bb, UTG ???
This is GTO-Wizards solution.
Ggl3
I Understand:
- 4bet AA, KK, AKs.
- Mix AKo and QQ with sometimes 4betting, calling and shoving those.
- Call AQs - strong enough to call but getting 5bet would be a desaster.
- 4bet bluff A5s, A4s (Blocks AK,AQ), K6s (unblocks A5, blocks AK, KK)
- Mix KQs between bluff(Blocks AK, AQ, KK, QQ), calling and folding.

I dont understand: (What are your thoughts here?)
- 4bet AJs, KJs, KTs at high frequency
- Fold ATs at high frequency

Thank you

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The key to solver study is always look at both ranges- the bot is anticipating certain actions by the other bot which causes it to make the above decisions---
The ATsuited hand for instance is a fold based on fewer dominated aces make up the HJ range as well as fewer suited cards to dominate as well when they 3 bet- therefore ATs has less +EQR and more -EQR vs the HJ 3 bet range

As to the 4 bets the UTG bot is 4 betting to fold to a shove-it assumes the HJ bot has all those slivers of bluffs in its range that it folds not flats such as A9s-8-7-4-3 so when it 4 bets KT it gets those folds- It would be a disaster to 4 bet ATs and get A3s to fold is what the bot is basing it's ev on.

The key again is to look at each range at each action point to understand the why of the bot

:unsure::geek:

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The key to solver study is always look at both ranges- the bot is anticipating certain actions by the other bot which causes it to make the above decisions---
The ATsuited hand for instance is a fold based on fewer dominated aces make up the HJ range as well as fewer suited cards to dominate as well when they 3 bet- therefore ATs has less +EQR and more -EQR vs the HJ 3 bet range

As to the 4 bets the UTG bot is 4 betting to fold to a shove-it assumes the HJ bot has all those slivers of bluffs in its range that it folds not flats such as A9s-8-7-4-3 so when it 4 bets KT it gets those folds- It would be a disaster to 4 bet ATs and get A3s to fold is what the bot is basing it's ev on.

The key again is to look at each range at each action point to understand the why of the bot

:unsure::geek:
Sry but it´s too hard for me to understand the way you are writing.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I'm not an GTO expert but from eetenors explanation, I understand why KJs/KTs is a great 4-bet bluff. It unblocks Ax hands and the other player has to fold his weak Aces.

When we 4-bet (bluff) ATs, we only get called by better but fold the 3-bet bluffs we dominated before.

At least that's what I understand from it. 😅

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I'm not an GTO expert but from eetenors explanation, I understand why KJs/KTs is a great 4-bet bluff. It unblocks Ax hands and the other player has to fold his weak Aces.

When we 4-bet (bluff) ATs, we only get called by better but fold the 3-bet bluffs we dominated before.

At least that's what I understand from it. 😅
Thanks to both of you! :2h4:

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to simplify- a solver is a computer playing itself 1 million times in the same spot then putting out a solution-solver- of how to play perfectly as both players - the solution assumes that both players are playing perfectly- when we look at solutions in gto wizard in order to understand why we 3 bet specific hands we have to see what the other player does when we 3 bet-

quick example UTG open we 3 bet BTN in order to know why the solver picked those hands- we have to look at what UTG folds- calls or raises and compare our range of 3 bets and their complete range of all actions- when we look at AT we notice that the UTG is folding all weaker AX hands- that means we cannot stack the UTG post flop when an AXX board hits and expect to have the best AX hand- not dominating the UTG AX range means we cannot get max equity with AT so the solver plays it differently than other AX hands

Hope this helps