GTO

brunohenrix

brunohenrix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Good morning friends. I would like tips to learn how to deal with the GTO, the correct ways to start your studies, where and how to start. Thank you in advance for your attention and collaboration

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning friends. I would like tips to learn how to deal with the GTO, the correct ways to start your studies, where and how to start. Thank you in advance for your attention and collaboration
GTO involves a lot of things and it is hard to simplify. But I’ll give it a shot.
GTO involves balance. For example, you are going to use the same size for your opening range, whether you are opening AA, AK, AQ, 66, 22, 76s or K4s: use the same sizing.
Now this is the preflop situation where we are trying to balance our moves. Suppose we are opening only two hands preflop: we open AA and 65s, only. We elect to open 2.5 BB when we open AA and 2.5 BB when we open 65s, thus our opponents will never know if we are opening one hands or the other.
That being said it goes the same idea for postflop betting, we must balance our bets/checks/raises depending on many scenarios. However, sometimes we must be smart and do not use GTO but exploitation.
It is a hard subject and it requires study in depth. I hope I have helped you with the very basic concept, which is equilibrium and balance.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Asked a great question in the right place Bruno.

Website course link, I suggest starting there, it's free, unfortunately it's in English, but with effort and determination you can do it.

Tip: You must read the book before attending the class, luckily you can translate both, I suggest using the computer, it will facilitate the process. You can copy the text of the book and translate it, after studying the whole chapter, watch the video on YouTube, you will be able to put subtitles in Portuguese there. Do it as soon as possible, you will immensely expand your knowledge.

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should be a little more specific in your question. The gto covers both the preflop and the postflop, for both cases you have specific tools and software (mostly paid) to study scenarios with certain variables and draw conclusions. In any case, for an amateur to semi-professional player, I find it practically impossible to carry out a correct study with these programs without drawing wrong conclusions. Therefore, the best or what I would recommend to most people to enter this world is to start with a poker course, from a professional who covers this subject