good question

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are in late position you can raise and isolate one or two opponents. beware of people that limp aces or kings. you can also raise from early or mid position with strong holdings; this way they won't limp behind you.
if you raised before at that table and all the players call, then you should try limping because you cannot force them out the pot.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When all players are limping, I try to go limp with the following cards:
- suited connectors;
- small or medium pairs;
- medium offsuit aces;
- pocket cards from the category J-8 or Q-9..
In the event that in the future there will be a raise - then fold.

steeler1970

steeler1970

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i will do a small raise and then bet small on every turn if i hit the flop

gasmoma

gasmoma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp looks like new metagame! everyone is doing it on my stakes wich are nanomicro and freerolls :D:D:D

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When everybody is limping, I first check my own hand: This is a good hand? Yes -> then I will reraise and a lot of limpers will fold. But don't bet to aggressive, which gives a chance of an all-in. It is also about position. Will I be the first to act, then I will probably limp as well.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To quote the famous player Leatherass "Punish the limpers". If you have position it is a great idea to raise the limpers, usually if they had a good hand they would raise, this eliminates the players that fold and hopefully isolates you with 1 limper- and most of the time they miss there hand, so you can take it down with a c bet.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you've got a premium, raise to whatever the pot is. If you've got cards that could perform well post flop i.e. suited and or connected, then limp right along with them, and see if you can flop a monster draw. I wouldnt necessarily go raising with air to steal the pot because the likely hood of you getting four or more people to fold with a raise sizing thats not going to make you want throw up if you get called, is slim.

Indeed, limping can be very lucrative with suited connectors :)

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go all-in and eliminate them all

BuzzKillington

BuzzKillington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When all players are limping, I try to go limp with the following cards:
- suited connectors;
- small or medium pairs;
- medium offsuit aces;
- pocket cards from the category J-8 or Q-9..
In the event that in the future there will be a raise - then fold.
This. In addition I will raise bigger with premium hands (or near premium hands in late position) to collect dead money as well as making my value betting more profitable.

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is dependant on the situation which includes several key factors that you have not described:

1. Your hand. Monster? QQ+ Small or mid pair, 22-88? Suited connector, JTs, 56@,etc, mid pair, 99-JJ? Suited gapper, 79s? Big ace, AK or AQs? Weak suited ace, A6s, A3s,etc?

2. Your position? Are you on the button and only SB and BB are left or are there others still to act plus blinds?

3. Your stack size? Are you crippled with 5-6 blinds (or less) left? Hurting with 9 or 10 left? 15-20? Maybe one of the biggest stacks with 50 or even 100 blinds?

4. Are you ITM? Bubble? Big ICM considerations? Early stages?

5. How has the table been playing? Is this limping happening nearly every hand?

I would consider at least all 5 of these factors before deciding what to do.

C

Cazador twd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
awaits your good hands and ROL have to throw most or perhaps all the villains hand

shikah

shikah

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do both anyway and usually come to an instinctive conclusion for play i guess having played from both points of view just about an equal amount.
i would suggest spending some time learning the benefits of also limping in yourself so that you are then able to think like them yourself when the time comes for you to deal with them.

LxixDude

LxixDude

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to limp right with them. Until a pro I talked to said, "Don't let them get into the hand cheap like that. If they limp in raise 'em." How much to raise depends on the table. Sometimes you can get a way with 3,4, or 5 times the BB. Others you may have to raise more. It depends on your opponents comfort level.

I have many times built up a nice stack by just raising the limpers over and over again.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I limp too, its that simple. Unless having premium hand, ofcourse, then I have to raise massively.