georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
When I have AA the first thought that goes through my head is all-in, the second thought is 4 Beth, the third is to call, the fourth thought is unthinkable to throw them away. Before the flop, there is nothing to be sure of any hand, playing as I judge for good, not always the best hand winning!

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time you want to play them hard, but a situation came up last night where I wished I slowed down with them, and it may have (more than likely) costed me some money. Short stack with 4 left at the table, I have AA in the small blind. Blinds just go up, I had less than 10 BB looking for a good spot to get it in. Blinds are high enough so that even big stack only has ~25 BB. Folded to the dealer he calls, and I shove, only for the big blind and dealer to fold. I wish I had just flatted (I had been playing tight), and waited for somebody to bet into me. I only made an extra 2 BB, had to go all in with an off suit Ax a little while later and got put out.

Brahyam89

Brahyam89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket AA is the best starting hand in poker. With that being said shoving all-in preflop does yield positive expectation which in the long run brings winnings.

With that being said, I would consider many things prior to shoving my entire stack. The size of my stack compared to the villains, is this a cash game or tournament, how many villains is my AA up against because this lowers the possibility of winning the hand, etc. All things considered it is very difficult to fold AA as it is the best starting hand. Despite that being the case, it is best to base your decision on the current circumstances at the table.

Happy Grinding!!!!

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its great to be given AA, as your hole cards....
Unfortunately, the cards can be beaten at any time.... So, its not the cards, its the luck factor, skills, and the correct procedure to increase your chip count.
Basically, good luck.....
See ya, at the tables.....