Getting Back Into Poker

U

Ultra21

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
It's been a little over three years since I really got into poker. I tried to be very competitive in ACR's micro-stakes MTTs back then, but it looks like poker has really changed with solvers, game theory, and coaching sites. Until recently, I dabbled a bit into poker at a local cardroom but had difficulties against the regs. A 1/3 game full of people who really want to make their hobby into a profession.

Other than starting the 30 day course, are there any other ways, like tools, books, or coaching sites to quickly improve my game? For me, I want to quickly become the best player I can be.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Although the advice is not always useful, I recommend playing as many freerolls as you can, write down your mistakes and successes, start by analyzing the plays and players, be calm and patient and, above all, count on luck, success

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Do you wanna play NLH Live and/or Online? Any other game of interest other than NLH? Cash or MTTs?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
30 day course is probably the best all-round place to start.

Couple that with decent training materials on YouTube, any good books you can get hold of, won't take too long to get up to speed! (y)

Also just CardsChat. ;)

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder how people learned how to play before all that stuff. I don't think your game that you're trying to play against has changed where you need any of that stuff.

GL.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's been a little over three years since I really got into poker. I tried to be very competitive in ACR's micro-stakes MTTs back then, but it looks like poker has really changed with solvers, game theory, and coaching sites. Until recently, I dabbled a bit into poker at a local cardroom but had difficulties against the regs. A 1/3 game full of people who really want to make their hobby into a profession.

Other than starting the 30 day course, are there any other ways, like tools, books, or coaching sites to quickly improve my game? For me, I want to quickly become the best player I can be.
Rushing is a huge mistake. You can become a good player, but you definitely shouldn't rush it. Your haste will only lead you to losses and disappointments. Becoming a good player takes years, not weeks or months, years of hard work every day.

U

Ultra21

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Do you wanna play NLH Live and/or Online? Any other game of interest other than NLH? Cash or MTTs?
Mainly NLH live cash as it is close to where I am. There are some daily tournaments, but I don't think they're a good investment due to the structure.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There is a lot of information on the Internet now. You can watch an analysis of the video on YouTube or download interesting books about learning poker. A lot of information has appeared in the Internet age. I also recommend watching games by coaches who stream live and can comment on their actions at the table.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If you have already completed the course for 30 days, you should study the materials that YouTube provides, they are free, there are also streamers who teach other players online and you can also learn something from this training or watch professional players and choose new poker skills from there, but you will have to go to poker school yourself and study there with a coach who will teach and train you for this he does not charge money there are also paid training sessions

Trismegisto

Trismegisto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Patience, study and concistency are the keys to improve. Find good friends who you can talk to, discuss new strategies and what you could have done better in some hands, and you will improve

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One thing that I do not do, but know I should, is to post hand reviews and get honest feedback. Take note of pivotal hands and get feedback on how you played it.

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Watching video tutorials and streams from poker pros can be a useful way to learn new strategies and approaches to the game.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do recommends reading some books. It will help a lot.