Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Does anyone else take the villain's country into consideration when making a move? I don't play many mtts, but when I play and I see boards or strange 3bets, against someone who is not a regular via sharkscope, and that player has the Ukrainian or Russian flag, I automatically put the person as a bad player in my head... (and most of the time I'm right) In micro limits..

Just my curiosity, without prejudice

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There have been some poker communities in brazil, Russia, Ukraine and some other countries, where they discuss strategy a lot, so most of the players from these places use similar tactics. No surprise in that. Years ago, I named a card combo the "Russian Nuts". It was 62o and I had lost to it in several all-ins in the late PSO free-rolls, mainly by Russian players. It's not a hand you would risk your whole stack with, but they did and frequently lucked out.
The way of thinking affects the game a lot. Back in the days I played a lot, the toughest opponents were my friends from this here CC forum, believe it or not. The community helped us all become above decent players and some even developed to sharks.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone else take the villain's country into consideration when making a move? I don't play many mtts, but when I play and I see boards or strange 3bets, against someone who is not a regular via sharkscope, and that player has the Ukrainian or Russian flag, I automatically put the person as a bad player in my head...
You might want to reconsider, what you see as "bad play". Most microstakes players from Ukraine and Russia are multitabling regulars, who play to make a few dollars rather than to have fun. So if anything seeing that flag on an unknown player should make you think, its probably a regular, you just did not play with before. Whereas an unknown microstakes player from a western country like Canada, UK or sweden is far more likely to be a recreational player AKA "fish". Also what exactly is a "strange 3-bet"?

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I would not say that players from Russia and Ukraine are weak players, a lot of players from these countries play well, and if they play their hand like this, it means that they are pursuing certain goals, maybe even that they are tired and just want to finish the game to get a good night's sleep.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I mean prejudice is literally prejudging someone.. I think you're just going to see a lot of interesting plays in the micros so automatically assuming someone is a "bad" player based on a few hands might not be to your advantage👍

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You might want to reconsider, what you see as "bad play". Most microstakes players from Ukraine and Russia are multitabling regulars, who play to make a few dollars rather than to have fun. So if anything seeing that flag on an unknown player should make you think, its probably a regular, you just did not play with before. Whereas an unknown microstakes player from a western country like Canada, UK or Sweden is far more likely to be a recreational player AKA "fish". Also what exactly is a "strange 3-bet"?
the most fish flag who i see, is the limp call limp call limp call, with all type of hands. Strange 3 bets it's like 100 bb deep, someone min raise to 2x, and the person 3bet 12,15,20x i see this things happen more with this country players.. and obv, seeing the shodowns without any logical, like flat 3x raise utg at utg+1 with Q3s. I know the all weak players do these things, but like i said, when i see some of these moves, i can said 90% of the time it's not a trap or some advanced move, just a bad player

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the most fish flag who i see, is the limp call limp call limp call, with all type of hands. Strange 3 bets it's like 100 bb deep, someone min raise to 2x, and the person 3bet 12,15,20x
Yes these are fishy actions.
i see this things happen more with this country players..
Where do you play? On all sites, where I have played, there is a far lower percentage of fishy players from Russia or Ukraine than say Canada. Which is logical, because only a minority in Russia or Canada are rich enough to spend money on recreational gambling. And on the other side only few people in Canada can be bothered to grind out a few dollars per hour in micro or low stakes games. So the serious players from Canada tend to move up and dont play for instance a 2$ SnG.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes these are fishy actions.

Where do you play? On all sites, where I have played, there is a far lower percentage of fishy players from Russia or Ukraine than say Canada. Which is logical, because only a minority in Russia or Canada are rich enough to spend money on recreational gambling. And on the other side only few people in Canada can be bothered to grind out a few dollars per hour in micro or low stakes games. So the serious players from Canada tend to move up and dont play for instance a 2$ SnG.
MTTs only in GG and 888, not a high volume, but seeing these things all the times when I open a tournament. Where is this place for ukraine and russian are not most fishs in micros? Impossible lol specialy in 888 the ukranian flags... Omg

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MTTs only in GG and 888, not a high volume, but seeing these things all the times when I open a tournament. Where is this place for ukraine and russian are not most fishs in micros? Impossible lol specialy in 888 the ukranian flags... Omg
Totally disagree with this. The ukrainean players on 888 Poker are mostly regs. I think, there might be some confirmation bias or prejudices at play here? Unless maybe, when you say "MTTs", then you really mean freerolls and penny games? In those almost all players are fish including the brasilians ;)

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone else take the villain's country into consideration when making a move? I don't play many mtts, but when I play and I see boards or strange 3bets, against someone who is not a regular via sharkscope, and that player has the Ukrainian or Russian flag, I automatically put the person as a bad player in my head... (and most of the time I'm right) In micro limits..

I see a Brazilian - I play like... a Brazilian. ;)
Yes it is. Players from many countries have their own signature style of play. Of course, this does not mean that all players with a certain flag play this way. But if you see a random player unknown to you, this will very likely turn out to be the case. If you see a Brazilian, expect aggressive play and frequent semi-bluffs even in multipots. :D

Hospedar

Hospedar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't like to judge people by their country. I don't think this is actually a good idea.

Poker is really a kind of strategy game mixed with a little bit of luck, and, as all strategy game requires, You can't underestimate or assume things about your opponents without having a good reason to do this, because this can lead you to your own fall.

I understand that each country and region of the world has different cultures, and you can try to use this to read your opponent. This happens everyday when we are talking about soccer, for example, as counties like Brazil, Italy and germany won 13 World Cup together; the soccer culture is big and growing up every day at these places. At poker you can try to do the same; United States has a long term poker culture, and we are not able to say the same about Brazil, for example (as we are starting to grow up this culture by the last decades).

But, as I said before, I don't recommend to do this; I don't think this is the best way to know your villain (but, at the moment, if this is the best way you have to read a new player who just entered at the table and is playing his first hand... use this, of course!).

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Totally disagree with this. The ukrainean players on 888 Poker are mostly regs. I think, there might be some confirmation bias or prejudices at play here? Unless maybe, when you say "MTTs", then you really mean freerolls and penny games? In those almost all players are fish including the brasilians ;)
Totally disagree with this haha, not talking about freerolls, talking about 1-5 dollars mtts buy ins, like i said, it's a dream for me play agaisnt the most part of players from... It's like israel players at omaha cash games in GG, one or two regs and all the rest bad players who only need know How to extract the chips

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Yah I TOTALLY disagree with this ^ as well. (with statistical proof to confirm my observations)

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Sometimes I see you at the tables in our freerolls. And quite often your decisions surprise me a lot because you play quite aggressively, but sometimes your aggressiveness borders on nonsense. I also marked you accordingly, no offense, but I consider you more of a bingo player than a poker player :)

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think players from Canada FInland Denmark are good play conservatly no entirely accurate
Fun read this from you. You're from Canada, and after playing more and less two years against you in cc freerolls, I know you is at least top 3 worst players who I see at my table. Everytime you're in my table, i see a horrible gameplay from you

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes I see you at the tables in our freerolls. And quite often your decisions surprise me a lot because you play quite aggressively, but sometimes your aggressiveness borders on nonsense. I also marked you accordingly, no offense, but I consider you more of a bingo player than a poker player :)
I'm not talking about freerolls, I talking about regulary mtts. Not offend me, I only take the two "majors" on 888 more serious, the others it's for complete some grade... If all the freerolls are majors for you, i'm Sorry about your situation

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
i think we can not say that bad players live in Ukraine or rusia becouse every country have bad player

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is completely nonsense to judge such a country. I cannot recommend it.