722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This may not be for everyone but it’s been helpful/fun for me so I thought I’d share.

So I’ve been watching online tourney streams (eg wcoop, Sunday million, etc) and what I’ll do is select one player, I then use post it notes cut to size and stick them on my screen, (it’s an older monitor so I’m not worried about damage) over the rest of the players hole cards. Each hand that’s dealt I try to make as quick as possible choice for what I would do based on the cards, position, stacks etc. If the hand goes to showdown I’ll just peek at the opposing players hand to know how it played out.

In the case the “hero” does something that’s not close to how I’d have played it I pause it and try to quickly figure out why they did so after the hand is done being played. If my player gets eliminated I then pick another player and so on. Now the stream also needs to be muted as the commentators most of the time discuss the visible hands but I just listen to music or whatever lol.

I’ve found I’ve been able to make better plays quicker and make adjustments quicker by doing this, and just getting a better idea of tourney play, position etc.

Might be a “me” thing lol but if anyone sees any value and wants to try, by all means :) Thanks for having a peek anyways and take care!

Edit to add: A fun part is when they switch the feature table, now you have to quickly adjust the thinking based on the new “hero” stack and those of the other players!

Last edited:
Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This may not be for everyone but it's been helpful/fun for me so I thought I'd share.

So I've been watching online tourney streams (eg wcoop, Sunday million, etc) and what I'll do is select one player, I then use post it notes cut to size and stick them on my screen, (it's an older monitor so I'm not worried dam) over the rest of the players hole cards. Each hand that's deal I try to make as quick as possible choice for what I would do based on the cards, position, stacks etc. If the hand going to showdown I'll just peek at the opposed players hand to know how it played out.

In the event that the “hero” does something not very close to how I played, I stop it and try to quickly figure out why they did it after the givout is over. If my player is eliminated, I choose another player and so on. Now the broadcast also needs to be turned off, as commentators discuss visible hands most of the time, but I'm just listening to music or something else, lol.

I found that I was able to make better games faster and make changes faster by doing so, and just getting a better idea of the game in the tournament, position, etc.

It may be “me” lol, but if anyone sees any value and wants to try it, be sure:) thank you for taking a look and be careful!

Edit to add: wondering when they change the feature table, now you need to quickly adjust your thinking based on the new stack of “heroes” and other players!
It's not bad, but I think it's more for fun and not specifically for strong gains in the game, I'll explain why:
1. This is a limitation, they play with the best players in the world, and you?
2. Still, each is unique in its own way and the style of play is also, of course, several different styles, but in general each game has its own.
3. I have seen more than once how they can bluff without absolutely nothing.
4. They do not say what they think at this moment and what they know about the opponent, which is still very important.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
This is a good idea! I tried something similar when I was a beginner. I really think that this can help but of course it depends on the individual :)

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's not bad, but I think it's more for fun and not specifically for strong gains in the game, I'll explain why:
1. This is a limitation, they play with the best players in the world, and you?
2. Still, each is unique in its own way and the style of play is also, of course, several different styles, but in general each game has its own.
3. I have seen more than once how they can bluff without absolutely nothing.
4. They do not say what they think at this moment and what they know about the opponent, which is still very important.
Oh for sure I do it more for the fun side! What I’m leveraging is my ability to make quick choices and adjustments that are reinforced/compared by their play, more to see if my first instinct is actually logical lol. I’ve also seen the bluffs and sometimes it can actually correlate to what I would have tried to do in the same situation, though to be perfectly honest 99% of the time this is the least aspect I’m concerned with (using this method anyways lol) and of course because they play at a much higher level.

I do also watch pro streamers for the exact fact they explain thoroughly, my example is more for me to critically think fast and compare what I would do to what they actually do. I also try to break down why I’d do that play quickly and see if it’s something they do as well.

I think what I’m looking for by doing this is not big gains but to see if my own thought process can logically align with their plays, and do this at a faster pace. I don’t disagree that’s there’s better methods for sure, just something I’m trying when watching some of these, again more for the fun, but as well to speed up my thought process.

I don’t have a ton of experience with online MTTs so just little things that I can take away with my time spent watching poker things, I’m just always trying to add value and find things that help :)

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This may not be for everyone but it’s been helpful/fun for me so I thought I’d share.
Thank you for sharing, I'm doing similar thing when watching streams. That's how I discovered I know how to play high stakes.:cool:

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's really interesting. I watched player videos and made factsheets, but I got tired of it and threw it all away.:sneaky: