Awards
BY
Chips
Hello! Recently I had an interesting situation:

Poker Odds Calculator from www.cardschat.com
Texas Hold'em: 100,000 sampled boards containing :7d4: :ad4: :qh4: :qs4: :ks4:
Player 1( :ah4: :qc4: ): 0% lose 100% tie 0% EV 0
Player 2( :kc4: :kd4: ): 100% lose 0% tie 0% EV 1

I was pretty sure, that I had a nuts full house and was glad that my opponent called all-in, but I was suprprised buy this 😅😅 Please explain are pocket pairs have more priority or how it words? Let's say if we have Ax vs 44 we have this then we get diefferent result:

Texas Hold'em: 100,000 sampled boards containing :7d4: :ad4: :qd4: :qs4: :4h4:
Player 1( :ah4: :qc4: ): 100% lose 0% tie 0% EV 1
Player 2( :4s4: :4d4: ): 0% lose 100% tie 0% EV 0

And I figuired it out! I suppose, that the player who have higher set/trips wins:

Texas Hold'em: 100,000 sampled boards containing :7d4: :ad4: :3s4: :3h4: :4h4:
Player 1( :ah4: :3d4: ): 0% lose 100% tie 0% EV 0
Player 2( :4s4: :4d4: ): 100% lose 0% tie 0% EV 1

Am i right or am i wrong? :unsure::unsure:

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we're looking at three cards, aren't we? whoever has the higher one wins AA333 LOSES 44433

TaNIAnT

TaNIAnT

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Who has higher three of a kind in Full house has better hand, in such situation that pair of AA is unimportant

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You have QQQAA

He has KKKQQ

His three kings full - is bigger than your three queens full.

Good luck !
we're looking at three cards, aren't we? whoever has the higher one wins AA333 LOSES 44433
Who has higher three of a kind in Full house has better hand, in such situation that pair of AA is unimportant
Yes, you are right guys 😂😂. I misunderstood the combination at it's basics lol. Its like set+pair, not pair+set, so the one who has higher set/trips wins! But this situation really got my mind for some time i was like 😃😃

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
To establish the features and strengths of the Full House combination in poker, it is necessary to understand the principle of its formation.Full House in poker is one of the strongest combinations, but its presence does not guarantee victory. Experts advise you to play carefully, because it is common for opponents to have a similar combination. Experienced players try not to give out the strength of the hand ahead of time, having Full available in order to follow the behavior of opponents and accumulate a solid bank.Why is there a full house, I recently had a case that I collected four of a kind from 5, and my opponent had a straight flush 2-6.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No problem Ipagan, glad you fixed it. :)

- I could also mention before you'll see on your own cost that if both of you have the same Full house like KQ KQ and flop is KQQ you split.
- However when there's a poker on the board like 2222 you're kicker gets in, and the bigger kicker will win it f.e. A2>KJ on this board.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To establish the features and strengths of the Full House combination in poker, it is necessary to understand the principle of its formation.Full House in poker is one of the strongest combinations, but its presence does not guarantee victory. Experts advise you to play carefully, because it is common for opponents to have a similar combination. Experienced players try not to give out the strength of the hand ahead of time, having Full available in order to follow the behavior of opponents and accumulate a solid bank.Why is there a full house, I recently had a case that I collected four of a kind from 5, and my opponent had a straight flush 2-6.
one of the strongest combinations in poker and "experts advise playing carefully.".. if we consider it this way, then only with a combination higher than full house and you have to play

If there is a pocket pair in the starting hand:
Two pairs – 40%
Set – 12%
Full house – 8.5%
Square – 0.84%

what we have-pocket pairs fall out in 5.88% of cases, only in 8.5% of these 5.8% we will be able to collect a full house

then being careful with a full house means not playing poker but sitting at the table as an observer

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
one of the strongest combinations in poker and "experts advise playing carefully.".. if we consider it this way, then only with a combination higher than full house and you have to play

If there is a pocket pair in the starting hand:
Two pairs – 40%
Set – 12%
Full house – 8.5%
Square – 0.84%

what we have-pocket pairs fall out in 5.88% of cases, only in 8.5% of these 5.8% we will be able to collect a full house

then being careful with a full house means not playing poker but sitting at the table as an observer
Yeah, here I'm totally agree with you, chances to lose with full house are way to small to play it carefully!

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
No problem Ipagan, glad you fixed it. :)

- I could also mention before you'll see on your own cost that if both of you have the same Full house like KQ KQ and flop is KQQ you split.
- However when there's a poker on the board like 2222 you're kicker gets in, and the bigger kicker will win it f.e. A2>KJ on this board.
Yeah, that's another tricky situation! But what if the board is 2222A, so doesn't it mean that it will be split no matter what you and your opp have in their hands, right?

Last edited:
L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Others seemd to answer it already, but ya he has 3 kings full to your 3 queens full

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if in your case, a set against a set counts, whoever has a higher set will win, well, in normal situations, they count on the highest card for the kicker, and if you ask what is older than full house, this is a square in combination

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
He has kings full of queens mate you have queens full of aces, his first card (K) is higher than your (Q) thus meaning he wins I understand your confusion though being romanced by your (A)

Much love
Danny
❤️🙏

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, that's another tricky situation! But what if the board is 2222A, so doesn't it mean that it will be split no matter what you and your opp have in their hands, right?
Exactly, then its splitted cause the hands strenght are the same. ;)

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The situation is simple: the house full of kings is taller than the house full of queens. To play poker you must first study the value of the cards.

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which full house combination is higher? Above the full house - a quads and a straight flush))):ROFLMAO:

O

OLexZTS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you need to test someone's poker knowledge "senior full house test" will always help. Also, I still find it funny when a person plays 6+ and then asks stupid questions about why he lost.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
House full of kings is better than house full of queens

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
That's right. We must first understand the combinations. A long time ago, when I started playing poker, I gathered quads of kings. I was very happy to win the big hand. Because there were flash cards on the table and my opponent called me. But what was my surprise when I found out that I lost. After all, the opponent had a straight flash. Therefore, poker combinations should be studied initially!!! :):):)

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The first thing to see is who have the biggest set in full house, before you see the pair..

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

I was pretty sure, that I had a nuts full house and was glad that my opponent called all-in, but I was suprprised buy this 😅😅 Please explain are pocket pairs have more priority or how it words? Let's say if we have Ax vs 44 we have this then we get diefferent result:

And I figuired it out! I suppose, that the player who have higher set/trips wins:

As already explained, you really lost:

You had QQQAA and the other player KKKQQ.

But it was an acceptable call, he just got unlucky.

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
As already explained, you really lost:

You had QQQAA and the other player KKKQQ.

But it was an acceptable call, he just got unlucky.
Yeah,that was a little confusion that time haha! Anyway thank you mate for reply (y)

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The rank of the cards with trips matter.
If both have same rank, then we consider rank of cards in the pair.

I think it's very simple, but we can get confused while multi tabling.

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The rank of the cards with trips matter.
If both have same rank, then we consider rank of cards in the pair.

I think it's very simple, but we can get confused while multi tabling.
Yes, thanks! You said an important thing about the pairs, didn't think about that!