FTP Points = New Bankroll?

C

crowhui

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the best way is to play 300 FTP since you have 20 buy-ins and try gain more points...

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently got rakeback so I'm interested in rake hits.

I just don't see the advantage of playing FTP (Full Tilt Point) games instead of cash.

If I enter a $10+$1 tournament I get $.27 in rakeback, plus winnings.

If I play a 50 FTP tournament maybe I win 200 FTP with no rake penalty. But what good are those 200 points? If I spend all my points instead of a 50 point hit to my rakeback I'm getting hit for the value of 200 points, right? So not only am I not collecting 27% rakeback, but when I do cash out the points it decreases future rake even more, right?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
imo.. FTPs suck. Good for picking up some Fulltilt gear/clothing & losing rakeback.
For a SNG player, best ones are the 650ftp super satellite to the 2500ftp sat. to $750K. Win a couple and buy a hat.. yay!

E

engman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that's a great idea because you are playing tournaments that you know you can win while not taking a hit. Building FTP bankroll is just like building one with real money which is why I think people should treat FTP just like actual money also. Good luck on your tournaments.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really never thought about what to do with those points. I see them when I go to cashier but wasn't interested in there apparel. Going have to set my filter to include the points and start playing them.

Thanks for the great information.

C

cibonazg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tahnks for saying me that i tought it will get deducted...
very good...gonna try it myself and hope i ll get sucess as you...
thanks again

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tahnks for saying me that i tought it will get deducted...
very good...gonna try it myself and hope i ll get sucess as you...
thanks again

Too late. Ever since they made the step system and tournament tickets, u can't exchange daily dollar entry for 200 ftps now. But you can play 650 ftps satellites and win 2500 ftps.

Fortunately, I was able to recover all my losses, and rebuild my bankroll from scratch for free. After recovering all my losses and profiting $100, i got myself hem. Ever since then, every single penny on my account = my pure profit. Points were a great way to rebuild bankrolls or get additional money without risking real money.

isaac

isaac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you unregister from the tournament do you get a tourn. dollar or FTP points?

Lets say you buying for 5 ftps for the 180 sng for the big little tournament.

Let us say, theoretically you place in either first or second getting a buying to the tournament. you then will receive either a tournament ticket or 2.20 in tournament dollars. I know this sucks, but that is just the way it is.

what i want to know is if you register for the big little before hand then qualify again, does it refund you in tourney dollars of real money. anyone?

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
supersat and sats

so if you win entry to a sat/tourney, do you just get a tix or do you get the money/points? i ask this cuz for daily dollar freeroll, they give you a dollar

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so if you win entry to a sat/tourney, do you just get a tix or do you get the money/points? i ask this cuz for daily dollar freeroll, they give you a dollar

When I created this thread, they refunded your entry for points. But now, they give you tickets ever since they created Step tourneys. They changed the system. While it doesn't affect your rakeback negatively, if you win daily dollar satellite 60 ftps buy-in, they give you Daily Dollar ticket instead of 240 ftps. But other tourneys like 650 ftps buy-in, if u win those satellites, u can get them back in points.

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok thanks just want to know for future. people say single table sit and gos are easy for daily dollar

B

bigbigbucs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets say you buying for 5 ftps for the 180 sng for the big little tournament.

Let us say, theoretically you place in either first or second getting a buying to the tournament. you then will receive either a tournament ticket or 2.20 in tournament dollars. I know this sucks, but that is just the way it is.

what i want to know is if you register for the big little before hand then qualify again, does it refund you in tourney dollars of real money. anyone?
I gonna try it now if i win i will try and let ya know.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management