FTP Points = New Bankroll?

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had about 5500 FTP Points. I now have over 6400 ftps. But because of rakeback, I thought I couldn't spend any of them. But when I read about how I can use ftp points to enter satellites or tournaments without getting my rakeback deducted as long as prizepool are in ftp points, such as daily dollar 50ftp satellites, I thought it was sweet and try it out.

I entered 4 50ftp satellites and won all 4. So I was automatically registered to daily dollar + 600 ftp points(profit of 400 ftp) and none of my current rakeback was deducted.

Daily Dollars are small tournaments. But I figured that there must be bigger tournaments using this same structure. I found out that there's sng(9-player) of 300ftp buy-in where winner gets registered to 2500ftp 750k satellite(top 100 enters 750k tournament($216 buy-in)). I decided to temporarily quit cash games and real money tournaments and try it out. Grinding 50 ftp daily dollar satellites are very easy and it's the easiest way to get an access to daily dollar without spending a single penny. So now, technically, I can play daily dollar every single day for free as long as I play satellites everyday. This is a great idea for micro grinders who are trying to build up their bankrolls.

50 ftp satellites are so easy. Lot of people go wreckless bcz they're technically free to play and people treat them like play money. Even payout structures are good. Top 2 places get 200ftp and 3rd place gets their ftp buy-in back. I made up super-tight strategy where you can either break-even or win every single game or at least 3/4 games. Folds EVERY HAND except AA, KK, QQ during early stages. Even fold AK, AQ during early stages. Reason is because these hands are vulnerable to rags and during early stages, many donks go all-in and hit it very frequently because 2:1 underdog wins very frequently. Fold every hand, and before blinds even reach 50/100, about 4-5 players are gone and you have about 1350 or 1400 chips to play. THEN start playing real poker. Using this method, I cashed almost EVERY sngs. Yesterday, I won 6 out of 8 games, got 3rd place on 1 sng, and bubbled 1. That's 7/8 games itm. Maybe I'm running good. But I even folded JJ, TT, AK, AQ, AJ and many ok-premium hands during early stages to achieve this. I use Economics approach in these type of sngs.

My goal is to enter 750k guaranteed tournament by grinding daily dollar satellites, then enter 300ftp 750k super satellite sng and win a spot to 750k satellite, then get into top 100 in 750k satellite and enter 750k tournament($216 buy-in). Doesn't seem too hard. Daily dollar satellites, I can grind easily. Using my "super-tight economics approach" strategy, I can cash and win almost every daily dollar 50ftp satellites.

What do all of you guys think?

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah the 50ftp daily dollar sattelites are super soft and a great way to grind ftp's. You may be running a little good but I don't see why you can't stay around or a little less than that win rate if you play well.

The 750k sounds like a fun idea and will feel like you qualified for 50ftp's lol. I might give it a try though you'll have to get quite lucky to win 3 in a row.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't know that. I thought any time you used your ftp's to enter anything it was an automatic deduction on your rakeback. Cool idea.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't know that. I thought any time you used your ftp's to enter anything it was an automatic deduction on your rakeback. Cool idea.

Check with your rakeback provider. My rakeback provider is raketherake. They said, I can join any tournament or satellite with full tilt points without getting my rakeback deducted if the prizepool has full tilt points instead of real money. If I enter tournaments using points where prizepool is in real money, then it gets deducted. For example, take a look at daily dollar. If I join daily dollar satellite for 50 ftp. I won't get deducted for it because prizepool is 200ftp top 2 places and 50ftp 3rd place. But if I join Daily Dollar directly by spending 200 ftp, then it gets deducted. So far, they haven't deducted anything yet. My site updates how much rakeback I have everyday and they havne't deducted anything.

Any tournament/satellite where prizepool is in ftp points, you won't get deducted. Not many people know about this.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you might have just invited some tougher competition... lol

keaton

keaton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you unregister from the tournament do you get a tourn. dollar or FTP points?

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you unregister from the tournament do you get a tourn. dollar or FTP points?

FTP points. If you unregister after winning daily dollar satellite 50ftp buy-in, they give u 200ftp. That's why no rakeback is deducted.

C

CardDeath101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerlovesme :p we have played together for sometime now and yet you come up with another great idea yet again. I will give it ago when i get 50 FTP points blew mine before :p haha

M

marknz88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting idea..., I love how something so simple can give people an edge over the masses until the edge is diminished.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is how I used to grind to get FTPs. There is also a 650FTP satty to the 750K satellite it pays like 2,500FTPs for finishing top 2. 3rd place gets 850FTPs which is +200FTPs. I'd wait till you get to about 16kFTPs to play these.

D

DCG

Hi Guys,

Just dont expect to have 75% ITM on the torunaments mentioned. Althought competition is softer, noone can be that lucky to be som often ITM.

Regards
D

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the info pokerlovesme, another way I can get play/practice in.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New update. I'm sure this is for every rakeback site. In every rakeback site, if there's a guaranteed prizepool tournament with shortfall number of players where prizepool of all player's money doesn't add upto guaranteed prizepool, the rakeback site deducts money. I'll explain how it works.

In Daily Dollar, everyone enters for $1. There's guaranteed prizepool of $10,000.

Let's say there were 9000 entrants. So that's total of $9000. There's shortfall of $1000. Then $1000 gets divided by 9000 players, which becomes 11.11 cents. 27% of that is 3 cents. Rakeback site deducts 3 cents.

My rakeback site updated after 2 days. They deducted 6 cents. I asked the rakeback site if this is for tournaments that are entered through points. But they said that any tournament where there's shortfall of players, they'll always deduct even if you enter with real money.

I don't mind paying 3 cents for daily dollar. So yeah. Even though using points don't get your rakeback deducted if you enter tournaments or satellites that has prizepool of points, your rakeback gets deducted if you enter tournaments with guaranteed prizepool that's short of players and prizepool and this applies for people who enter with real money also.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is how I used to grind to get FTPs. There is also a 650FTP satty to the 750K satellite it pays like 2,500FTPs for finishing top 2. 3rd place gets 850FTPs which is +200FTPs. I'd wait till you get to about 16kFTPs to play these.

I decided to screw the super satellites and join the satellite right away. I lost two 650ftps super satelllite but won the third one. Although that's still profit of 550ftps, I figured, I'm better off grinding using daily dollar satellites all the way. The games are so much easier. Even some of my games where I was card dead, I got 3rd place from not playing a single hand. I didn't get a single hand. Best hand I got was pocket 2s, I shoved, everyone folded, which made me last for another rotation and bubble play bursted during that time.

Maybe I'm underestimating these daily dollar satellites and running very good but I can win with my eyes closed. When the game started, I finished eating my lunch. So i decided to sit out, dishwash my plates, brush my teeth, use the restroom, I came back which was like 10 minutes after game started, 4 knuckleheads are gone. I looked at hand history and it's funny how they busted out. I happened to fold pocket Tens but it was a good thing because somebody with 47 offsuit cracked AK with trip 7s.

I never ever have to pay for daily dollar again as long as I satellite my way in using points. Daily Dollar = new freeroll to me. This week, they have 1M guaranteed prizepool. I wanna try to satellite my way there using points. Wish me luck!!!!!:D

worditst

worditst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is exactly what I do when I have some FTPS to spare it's actually pretty fun.. and once you get rolled enough you can enter the 275 point sat and if you get 1st you enter Midnight Madness or something

C

chevanater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once you get enough points you can start doing the 1200ftp buyins for the double deuce. They have nearly the same payout structure with 1st and 2nd getting 4400 FTP and 3rd getting 2000ftp. And they are almost as soft as the daily dollar sats

janovsky

janovsky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question: If you win the DD satty and play the DD and earn some cash, than it would effect your rakeback?

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have a couple of hundreds ftps, i might give it a try now for 50 of them. i played in the daily rebuy tournament 5 times, make it in the money 3 times, actualy making a profit of 12 dollars. dont worry i donked them at rush poker.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Question: If you win the DD satty and play the DD and earn some cash, than it would effect your rakeback?

No it won't. If you use points to enter tournament/sng where prizepool is in points, then it will not affect your rakeback.

Example: Using 50 ftps to enter daily dollar sng where top two places get 200 ftps and 3rd gets 50 ftps.

Example: I entered 150 ftps mtt satellite for BLT and FTOPS Warm-Up and qualified. None of my rakeback got affected.

If you enter tournaments directly using points where prizepool is in real money, then it affects your rakeback.

Example: Entering DD directly by spending 200 ftps.

Just letting you know, for all rakeback members, if you enter guaranteed tournament where guaranteed prizepool exceeds the prizepool collected from entrants, then it affects your rakeback.

For example: Daily Dollar is 10k guaranteed prizepool. But if only 9000 players entered, then there's suppose to be $9000. Since it's $1000 short that the guaranteed prizepool makes up for it, that $1000 gets divided by 9000 players, which is $1000 / 9000 = 0.11111111. Since your rakeback is 27%, they'll deduct 27% of 11 cents from your rakeback, which is 3 cents.

Majority of the time, there's 9k-10k entrants. But regardless, the deduction is so minimal, i don't care about it. Unless few pennies make a huge dent to your bankroll, I woudn't worry about it.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly 50FTP are way better than the .30 sattys because third is .25 cents so technically you still have a loss... plus they actually are tougher than the 50 FTP, i need to stop blowing my FTPs on 20 FTP sunday brawl sattys and just get to 50 so I can grind them for the same reason... 200 FTP is way better than using my reg BR.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing for points, why would you be worried about rake back? You wouldn't be earning any rakeback anyway.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are playing for points, why would you be worried about rake back? You wouldn't be earning any rakeback anyway.

Because spending points to enter real-money tournaments directly, or to use points to buy gifts and items will deduct from the current rakeback you have.

My rakeback provider is raketherake.
Here are the details of rakeback deduction.

http://www.raketherake.com/faq/Index.php?action=article&cat_id=006021&id=151&lang=

You will get an amount deducted at approximately $0.005 x the number of FTPS needed to enter the tournament (so 1000 for entering a 1000FTP tournament) Regardless of how you entered it. You will not get charged for entering a FTP tournament if it is leading to another tournament.

I asked my rakeback provider about this and they mentioned to me, if it's ftp satellite where prizepool was in points, you will not get charged. But if you enter directly, for example, spending 1,100 points to enter FTOPS Turbo WarmUP, then you'll get deducted 1100 x $0.005 = $5.5. So in other words, they'll subtract $5.5 from your rakeback. If you didn't rake enough to get $5.5, you'll have negative rakeback where your future rakeback will have to make up for it.

But if you play 150ftps satellite to get into FTOPS Turbo WarmUP where all qualifiers get 1100 ftps, then you won't get your rakeback deducted. Quite complicating to understand in the beginning but once you understand how it works, you'll be able to spend points wisely without getting your rakeback deducted

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly 50FTP are way better than the .30 sattys because third is .25 cents so technically you still have a loss... plus they actually are tougher than the 50 FTP, i need to stop blowing my FTPs on 20 FTP sunday brawl sattys and just get to 50 so I can grind them for the same reason... 200 FTP is way better than using my reg BR.

I entered so many daily dollars by satelliting my way into it. I even entered BLT and FTOPS WarmUp events by entering satellites for them. I play dailydollar satellite sng just to warm up for daily dollar. Sure, it's a hassle to satellite your way in everytime but I treat it like an upgraded freeroll. Whatever I win from there is my pure profit. grinding these points, I also played 750k satellite but coudn't get top 100. =( But if i do, i'll end up entering $216 tournament for small amount of points, no single penny.

K

Karachay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to try this strategy because i don't want anything at the store of Full Tilt so i'm goin to like u mention my friend :D. So u can give to us some kind of information of how much money have u win playing this SnG?

Regards

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because spending points to enter real-money tournaments directly, or to use points to buy gifts and items will deduct from the current rakeback you have.

My rakeback provider is raketherake.
Here are the details of rakeback deduction.

http://www.raketherake.com/faq/Index.php?action=article&cat_id=006021&id=151&lang=

You will get an amount deducted at approximately $0.005 x the number of FTPS needed to enter the tournament (so 1000 for entering a 1000FTP tournament) Regardless of how you entered it. You will not get charged for entering a FTP tournament if it is leading to another tournament.

I asked my rakeback provider about this and they mentioned to me, if it's ftp satellite where prizepool was in points, you will not get charged. But if you enter directly, for example, spending 1,100 points to enter FTOPS Turbo WarmUP, then you'll get deducted 1100 x $0.005 = $5.5. So in other words, they'll subtract $5.5 from your rakeback. If you didn't rake enough to get $5.5, you'll have negative rakeback where your future rakeback will have to make up for it.

But if you play 150ftps satellite to get into FTOPS Turbo WarmUP where all qualifiers get 1100 ftps, then you won't get your rakeback deducted. Quite complicating to understand in the beginning but once you understand how it works, you'll be able to spend points wisely without getting your rakeback deducted

Yeah, I get all that. You are missing my point. Why are you worried about your rakeback if you are playing FTP point tourneys for points? You aren't earning any rakeback by playing them. So in fact by playing them you are hurting your rakeback anyway by not playing in any raked hands. Therefore, they actually are hurting your rakeback, you just aren't getting charged negative rake.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management