Freerolls tournaments

K

kmichaels

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My strategy in early levels are limp in every hand when is cheap. If it is a turbo tournament you should reduce those limps but even with mediocre hands you should limp (less than 2bb) and try to get a shot with a lucky hand.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My strategy in early levels are limp in every hand when is cheap. If it is a turbo tournament you should reduce those limps but even with mediocre hands you should limp (less than 2bb) and try to get a shot with a lucky hand.

No offence kmichaels but i think that he/you should do exactly opposite of that tactic at least in FR that i play, not really recommend push/fold tactic but being loose passive preflop will put you into a lot tough decisions which should be avoided in low blinds, for example top pair low kicker, middle pair etc... youll probably face a raise when donk connect even if he connect small, and are you ready to gamble early without nuts or at least good hand? Play tight and aggressive preflop, which means small percentage of hands but hands you play you should be a raiser and one who pushes the action, use that tight image to steal blinds from btn or co, use same image to re steal from blinds but dont do that often because that will compromise your tight image, gripsed said that if you manage to steal blinds once in every circle you survive till at least middle stage of tourney with average stack, after that you should have clearer image of people at your table, at least find one or two bad players and take their chips when you have chance... that tactic will be good enough to survive close to the bubble when you should look for players who tighten to much near the bubble and bully them, but also do that from good position and dont get to loose because in late stages there are some good players who will pick what you are doing and you might get countered...

Of course super aggro early on in donkaments could do the trick too and give you a lot of chips early which will bring you even more chips from beginners who are afraid of bigstacks but it also have to be used wise because when you secure your tournament life you should gear down a little and take less risks...

GL at the tables...

INGAJ

INGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for AA,KK,AK until and all in until blinds 50/100. Until 50/100 only all in, no limps and stupid calls. after 50/100 play normally

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^^ gonna have to agree with Drazafft. Good advice. Michael your advice is foul regarding early tourney play. I mean yes you get to see more flops cheaper but not with any two cards. The blinds at this phase r not worth defending so it's pretty pointless to be bleeding chips in borderline situations.

Dropsy1979

Dropsy1979

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Be a lucky donk. The donks are going all in and one wins and get a big pot.
100k freeroll on PS. (russians in so many times).
if you want to go deep in the tournament just play real poker.

It agree, this tournament is really the worst thing I could ever play. Most of these players play regularly on the iPoker network, where tournaments are really all-in, for example: 74o against my AK and I always lose :-( Unfortunately now performs tables on pokerstars :-(

A

Amateurr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for someone to lose a big hand and see if they immediately shove all in. Tilt is a major factor in freerolls.

Biggest true,tilt is the best friend of your enemies;)

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice advice , thanks guys i m too having problem with free roll strategy and i am gonna try those point and see how it goes

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As the saying goes tight is right and especially in a free rolls

R

Robdeejay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll

Hello

First i´m sorry my english is broken.
So much time a try to play a freeroll about cardschat but i don´t know how i get a password. Maybe somebody can help me.

thank you verry much. Robdeejay

I

Izandurrrrrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont try to catch up with the big stacks just maintain your stack and chip up slowly, patience is the key. You dont have to be a top 10 stack to make the top 10

blakewyte

blakewyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First time I survived a FR of 9000 entries and got down to last 100 was to take down a big pot with premium hands early on to survive the blinds and donkfest and wait. But it took a lot of patience and a lot of discipline to not play the hands I usually would. Once the first 3K+ people are gone, people start playing a little more legit.

Would try out the advice given earlier. Won't always be lucky taking down pots to help ease off the blinds. :)

redcross

redcross

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I see those people in tourneys (huge chip stacks in early levels) I know they are willing to take crazy risks. You either jump to a crazy lead or you get KOd really early. Don't feel like you have to play like that. Let them be maniacs and you wait for your hand. They will call you! They have proven that already. Patient patient patient!

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience, patience - well that depends how good is that freeroll (price money) and how much time you have.

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First i mostly try to win some all ins with ak, qq, kk, and aa. Thats only because the blind level often grow in a couple of some minutes. There are more than enough player who call. Secondly i dont relax till i get a stack of about 50k. It means also some all ins and often a look at the flop. And at the end i always see what i can do with my skills, when i have enough money. So good luck

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ptience is good but you have still to win some all ins, because of the blind level. Or otherwise you will see how you get bankrot, dont wait too long ak all in. Others go with a10 and thats a good card for them.

burgdogky

burgdogky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Robdeejay

In order to qualify for the freerolls you must post 65 quality posts, on the forum be a member for over 30 days. Once you meet these guidelines you can apply via forum.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One way to get good stack size early in the tourny is to play straight aggressive...
Other way which i prefer is i try to enter every hand initially and try to get a read on players as early as possible, meanwhile giving the players an idea about my game...Then start changing ur game pattern and play with them with the reads u have got on them...

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't have to get into a chip race early on. You just need to make your hands pay off while limiting the effects of bad beats on you.

T

Tomes Woinem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
at the Beginning i folded AK vs more then 2 People are allin
i can wait and i hate the Donks where is win with ex 72o
or other crap chanches are not good enough at Beginning

etherghost

etherghost

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't get busted by all that noobs in the begin off a Freeroll,

imo there are so many donks whit that 100 K freeroll Privilege , on PS

I agree. I can't seem to get past their idiotic calls most of the time. They'll call any raise at any time no matter how weak they are and what gets me is that they luck out a lot against me. Freaking annoying!

Freeroll Passwords