Are freerolls hazardous to your health?

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is very hazardous and fun at the same time. however not so profitable.

S

sunshine0410

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are pretty soft. You will probably not increase your skills alot. But because there are so many members, it is very difficult to run deep. And because it's rare to run deep in those tournaments, it can be very bad for the own confidence.

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for fun and have the most fun when I am winning. Freerolls let me win (although usually small amount) for free. So I'm happy when I do win, but not sad when I get busted out (which happens a lot with the tournaments with many entrants). I multi-table many freerolls at once, and manage to finish in the cash a couple of times a week.
Freerolls from CardsChat and a few others have much smaller fields of entrants. These games have a higher level of skilled players so are more challenging but also more satisfying when I do finish in the money.

B

Boko4o

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to my judgement freerolls give me more expierance for playing seriosly tourn in a future :D

A

Ace362

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do free rolls hurt you?

I have been out of the online game for years. I just started playing again in the last month and am hesitant to deposit money again.

I built up a $10 BR playing only freerolls at Betonline by winning a 350 person FR and placing 4th and 5th in 1300+ FR.

Years ago my bread and butter was playing $1-2 Sit and Go and now I can't seem to get back in the swing and can't stop losing at .10

I never played freeRolls back in the day since I just deposited. Does anyone else find playing in FR messes with your game. Heck if I hadn't been drawn out on twice with 2 outers I would have $20 from free rolls.

Deep Bhavsar

Deep Bhavsar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think freerolls improve your game if you play with correct mindset, Mostly freerolls are tournaments so there are defiantly bad beats, but i think you get more experience of different types of players and their game.. :)
Tournaments and Sit&Go have different strategy of playing..

BigCountryGB

BigCountryGB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play ACR on-demand freerolls and take them seriously. I think it has helped improve my game. I try to play super tight at the beginning to avoid the maniacs. After the first 1.5 - 2 hours things generally seem to become more intelligent. So to answer the thread's title, no I don't think they have to be hazardous to your health.

n8leagr8

n8leagr8

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see several people commenting that they build BR solely from playing FR...I think that part would drive me bonkers and be possibly bad for your health. Sure, there's plenty to be learned from any tournament play, and they can definitely be fun - but treating them like you have to wade through the muck before you can get to the "real" play, and to have that real play possibly not go the way you hoped...blech.

Freeroll Passwords