Are Freerolls a LOT Harder than Regular Tournaments ?

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have to agree with you it is a little bit harder. because to me these people goes all in rags. then to me these people are the ones that don't play very well. And the only way they win money in these free rolls they bet like crazy after they take about three or four people out in the first hand so they can bet big and make every one fold.

R

rickroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As someone that has never deposited but grinded out bankrolls by initially playing freerolls I can say without a doubt that freerolls are easier and are easier by orders of magnitude.

Same goes for tournaments, the play you find in a $.50 mtt will be much lighter than a $2 etc etc etc. A big part isn't so much skill level as who really cares about a dollar that much?

What makes freerolls difficult to cash is that they have such a tiny payout. Sometimes it's less than 1% whereas a normal tourney will have 5 to 50 times a greater payout field. This is because these freerolls are for marketing, they have a nominal amount set aside and a massive player pool fighting for it.

Consider that and the fact that majority of players don't take it seriously until you can actually visualize winning that you'll have to not so much play poker is be really lucky surviving all your coin flips, hoping your made hands aren't counterfeited, etc.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think experience is always invaluable. So when your chasing for those small wins your actually gaining much much more.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls where you play more than 4 hours with hundreds or thousands of players for a few cents aren't worth anyone's time.Cardschat has the best freerolls where there are usually 80 or more people registered and they last around 3 hours,so playing in these tournaments is much more worth it.

ovidiu9b

ovidiu9b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dissagree...in freerolls nobody gives a crap if he get bust out first..after all it's a free tournament..in a tournamet with 50$ buyin i'm sure nobody goes allin so easly..it will be always much harder to win a turney with big stakes...after all i won good plaices in a lot of freerolls but i can't say the same thing about the toruneys with buyin

R

robert e prather

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like freerolls with rebuys and add on because it allows you to get a feel for the game and then decide if it is worth investing money.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Harder to stay awake. A SNG tourney for a buck will take an hour.

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes i think the freerolls was easier than regular sit&go tournaments.

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think freerolls is a bit hard , because players can go all in with 5, 7 they think they have nothing to losse , and they go all in , but if you have skills you can win even a freeroll , anyway I think regular tournament is muck easily. As a lot of players told already you're playing something like 4-5 hours only for 1$ 2$ :) I play sometimes freerolls , but I prefer to play here on CC freerolls , because these freerolls are the best.

defleopard

defleopard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are much more difficult because of the players who come back from the boredom . After 30-60 minutes the game is easier , but still many people do thoughtless raises because there is nothing to lose

D

diserg1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are fun. You risk nothing, and in these tournaments gather players of different types, i.e. you have the opportunity to play in the game against different opponents, which is a valuable experience.

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also find it difficult freeroll, in the middle part to the end gets worse.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quality of play is much lower. If you stay out of the crazy all ins that seem to saturate the first couple of levels things get pretty soft from there.

Sum420gt

Sum420gt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think one of the things that make freerolls difficult is the fact there are so many people calling you with an 82os and other bullshit hands, its almost impossible to predict how other people are playing because they dont care if they lose. Its similar to playing a game with play chips, everyone is going in on everyhand because it doesnt matter whether or not they have something decent.

supermoto

supermoto

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so I like the free CC are profitable because they do not exceed 5 hours and you can get to charge something good to start

B

bookoface

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are alot easier if you play with discipline. People play alot looser. It's just the trick to play tight against them, because you just have to wait to get a good hand and they will call you anyway. On the other hand, you play for almost nothing, so it's harder to focus for the reward.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, everyone is going all in especially in the first hour so you've got to get lucky and maybe you double up or better in the first hour. If you're out, oh well. It is FREE, so I'm not complaining :) I'm playing for fun so any $ I pick up is great.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm going to go against the common line here and say that freerolls are much easier than regular tournaments with a cash buy-in. Why? Quite simply you're playing against better players when there is a cash buy-in. The higher the buy-in, the better the players (generally).

BluDogg

BluDogg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are harder to cash but the players are bad. If 10 out of 1000 cash, that's 1% player payout. So even if you are the best player you will get it all in on hands you are a 90% chance to win and lose more often. I think that's the big resin people say freerolls are "hard".

M

mastahbates

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the amount of money you get in the long run and the tournament structures make freerolls a lot harder than normal, regular tournaments. A lot of the freerolls I play in have a short time period for each blind level compared to other tournaments where they are either deep stacked or the blind levels are 2x or 3x longer than freerolls.

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are a lit harder with the crazy all ins in the beginning.
I played 1 cc freeroll i am just new at cardschat and i made it almost to the money i was in the top 10 of the tournament and busted around 90 place because i lost with flush ace high against full house. Cc are freerolls with better players where you can learn some stuff.

S

Sharpcraft

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surviving the bubble is a lot harder due too all the bingo players. If you get to the top 25% it gets easier.

V

Vardenis Pavardenis

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion they are definitely harder. Mainly because the players are less skilled, and you just can't use ABC poker strategy to win. You must win some coinflips against donks who shove with worthless hands and catch a monster on the river. Luck factor is dominating in these tournaments...

A

anonymous

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
from what I experienced it seems pretty difficult due to new players playing erratically. kinda have to look at it in stages i guess.

Freeroll Passwords