Freeroll Tips

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play a good card but sometimes do not come :)

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play tight avoid all ins after some time loose up bit play any pair if u get set dont be afraid to put all in. So play tight aggressive. You play pokerstars freerolls so luck has a big part in your play

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! Anyone have some tips to play freerolls with a big field like more than 4000 players? Let's discuss this? How can you start the tournament? Tight? Agressive? Tight agressive? ...:confused:

Yes, I guess that is the standard strategy, tight agressive until you get to a more advanced stage of the tournament

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you serious? wait for AA KK AK? it's a lottery open Yes AA vs 22 or 88.. play aggressive, a wide range of hands.. against 1 or 2 opponents to use bluff..

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Only play with AA KK QQ and all in or fold. everything or nothing.

B

BestBetG87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you serious? wait for AA KK AK? it's a lottery open Yes AA vs 22 or 88.. play aggressive, a wide range of hands.. against 1 or 2 opponents to use bluff..
I've been playing a variety of cards in any position early in the tournament. The best is to get involved multi way pots so when you hit you hit big. theres too many people implementing the tight is right style early. You have to remember it cost nothing to enter and most people will play as such and unless you wanna wait for QQ's KK's or AA's only to be stacked 3 way by someone with J10 off or 45suited i suggest you play almost everything early to build a stack with low blinds instead of waiting to shove when you have hardly nothing left.:jd4:

B

BestBetG87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only play with AA KK QQ and all in or fold. everything or nothing.
I somewhat agree with this, I believe you can expand to throw in JJs 10s AKss AQoff 99s AND EVEN 88s. Alot of the time you will be ahead preflop just have to win a race.:jd4:

B

BestBetG87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Anyone have some tips to play freerolls with a big field like more than 4000 players? Let's discuss this? How can you start the tournament? Tight? Agressive? Tight agressive? ...:confused:
Play any two early on in any position while the blinds are low. look to see many cheap flops multi way and try to hit then just shove never slowplay at a freeroll because most players will not build a pot for you.:jd4:

B

BestBetG87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing tight and aggressive early is the best advice. But some of us mere mortals can go many hands without ever seeing a decent starting hand, and then that completely misses the board or flops someone else a boat. Bye Bye Tournament as the blinds have now whacked the crap out you.

If you can, get all your chips in the middle inside the first 10 hands, you double, you can breathe, you miss, no need to sit there for hours any longer waiting for 2 cents.

Go big or go home.

Now that is my 2 cents.
Yes Yes this is pretty much spot on i believe.:jd4:

B

BestBetG87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Anyone have some tips to play freerolls with a big field like more than 4000 players? Let's discuss this? How can you start the tournament? Tight? Agressive? Tight agressive? ...:confused:[/QUOTE
Only play AA, if you dont get dealt AA it wasn't your freeroll to win.:jd4:

D

dakid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to only play premium hands out of position and very tight, unless I notice someone just playing like a fool or tilted.

B

BestBetG87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for the maniacs to die out and get settled in before making moves. Try to get to know each players play style atleast a little bit before you make big moves, they can be extremely different, some players will bet middle pair pretty heavily and if you didn't know any better you would likely fold but this can be a great opportunity for a fat stack in freerolls

"There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's." "There's no right way to play a freeroll.":jd4:

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Play tight aggressive to start the tournament.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play smart and make it to the first break lol says Playful

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First 5 play tight hands. to look at the opponents, but there really apply upon or aggressive or tight. At the beginning of the tournament, most are on any map, then when will be eliminated and the real game begins

D

danielsa8911

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll tips

It is always good to play tight when you are in a free roll. But there are 2 good steps. to be successful in a free roll, you always have to make sure you are in the top 50% of the field. That way you can know that you have room for mistakes and room to play tight and then strike at the right time once you get some cards. Also, take into consideration that when you are looking to steal the pot, the middle stacks will fold the most. They are the ones who are trying to hand on and keep their stacks afloat. The small stacks have a better chance of calling because they have a lot less to lose.

NotArobot

NotArobot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play tight only play good hands early, make bigger stack, then you can get a lil bit loose

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early game- Take advantage of the Donks early with premium hands. Now pray they hold where you can double and triple up.

Mid Game- Change gears a bit once most of the all in madness has subsided and open up to hand ranges 9-10 JQ, JK, or better in late position while sneaking in when its cheap with low pkt pairs.

Late Game Play- Before the money its all about picking your battles wisely. No more sneaking in because if you do you will be folding and wasting when the larger chip stacks start pushing there weight around. This can be a good thing so if you get premiums let them bet into you. Make the right read and don't be afraid to push back or all in with 2 pair or better depending on the caliber of player you are dealing with.

Final Table- If you lead in with a bet make sure its a hand you are willing to push in with. All Ace X hands can be played if you are getting good pot odds. Make your reads on hand ranges and alwasy bet your strong semi-bluff flushes and open ended draws against the more passive folks at the table/low stacks. In the end game you will need to win some coin flips and make the right decisions. Try and take alot of pots down pre-flop and hopefully you can make the final 3. Best of luck!!

S

Steve_StudAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Anyone have some tips to play freerolls with a big field like more than 4000 players? Let's discuss this? How can you start the tournament? Tight? Agressive? Tight agressive? ...:confused:[/QUOTE
Only play AA, if you dont get dealt AA it wasn't your freeroll to win.:jd4:
Not sure if it is the same for all free rolls, but you just do not have the luxury to sit around waiting for anything.

I ran up a chip stack to first place in a $6000 Treasure hunter on 888 and was never above 10 BB, ended up out around 35th inside an hour.

Always super aggressive.

Be prepared to play for all your chips whenever you enter a pot.

If you are the first in always raise, if you get re-raised, that's a decision you need to make, don't figure well I'll call just to see a flop. You go in, your in, there just is no time to sit around and wait, by the time you get a hand you will have 10 callers your stack will be so small.

Any ace go, pocket pair figure you are going to miss and an over pair will likely happen, that's a losing gamble but it's up to you, King rag, pitch, it's junk.

If you win a couple races, great, attack the short stacks with speculative or drawing hands, 10 8s and above. Avoid the big stacks with everything but monsters, slow play the big stacks to get an idea of the draw and be ready to run, they hit with remarkable frequency, just know that, if the board flushed, yeah they nailed it square on and likely on the flop. AA is not even close to safe against a big stack in a free roll, you are lucky to get that hand through 30% even heads up. Just play it aggressive but with pot control, not with all your chips. Feel free to throw whatever is left of your chips on the river if the board suggests it did not screw you, the clown will call with bottom pair so you will get value.

I fully realize the above is not even close to abc way to play rockets, however, you will not push anyone off their hand no matter what, you will get sucked out and done. So just try and get to river as cheaply as possible is all im suggesting since you are getting there anyway. If you are holding rockets, the flop is a flush, the clown putting you all in is not bluffing, believe me, he is not bluffing, he hit, make a decision, and know there is always another hand around the corner.

There you go, maniac poker from a maniac.

Last edited:
eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It may even be what you said above, but play these speculative cards always in position, because if you play out of position you will lose a lot of chips because whoever is strong will give all in before the flop comes out.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing a variety of cards in any position early in the tournament. The best is to get involved multi way pots so when you hit you hit big. theres too many people implementing the tight is right style early. You have to remember it cost nothing to enter and most people will play as such and unless you wanna wait for QQ's KK's or AA's only to be stacked 3 way by someone with J10 off or 45suited i suggest you play almost everything early to build a stack with low blinds instead of waiting to shove when you have hardly nothing left.:jd4:

I'm just saying that wait for AA KK AK QQ and the ability to double yourself is not the best strategy, not the best as many people say, and when you're one on one with an opponent can get out of anything is stupid luck, this is not poker..:( but raise or call with 510 or 39, this is silly.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Steve_StudAA
Advanced Member
hi ,for all steve said it the best in his post ,you cant wait for monsters abd if ur stack is gettin low ,then the big stacks will shove all-over you everytime u open the flop

itarus

itarus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am more and more convinced
that in the beginning of the game
need to be moderately aggressive! even if you have a weak hand,
we have to show that you have a monster !!

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am more and more convinced
that in the beginning of the game
need to be moderately aggressive! even if you have a weak hand,
we have to show that you have a monster !!

otherwise the bluff :) otherwise 500 login issue..:(

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not easy go deep in tournament. If you play good, smart poker and it's "meant to be" for you, you got a chance.

Poker Tips