Chips
I play tight, but with AA - go all inn regular. Only width AA

B

bkr3026

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were you, I'd play as many freerolls as possible, it doesn't hut, just free experience and money to be made.

D

doodydota

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given that the entry fee is $0, shoving/donk-festing is not a mistake in freerolls.
Because busting out is never a mistake in freerolls you can open up your range considerably and try to scoop those chips. Freeroll optimal play (at least in the starting stage) is exactly opposite as in 'normal' tournaments.
Worst case is you bust early and open a slot for another tournament.

D

Daniljev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've recently crept back into online poker, and I was an avid player back before the USA made it harder to play online. I find myself playing freerolls as placing money on these sites doesn't seem completely safe and I've heard all kinds of confusing things about receiving winnings. That's another topic for another day. So I'm playing freerolls..

My first strategy that helped me go deeper into these tournaments, and any tournaments was to sit out the first 30-45 minutes. This allows most of those all in til their out players to go out, and it allows for a more predictable field of players to compete with. Beyond that, I try not to go all-in AT ALL in any circumstance unless I'm holding the nuts. I usually wait til im in the money to put all of my chips on the line.

Anyone have any other points of strategy that might help me more consistently make the cuts for payout. I apologize in advance if this has been covered, and if it has a link to a similar conversation would be great.

Thanks!
As in any tournament, the main thing to survive

K

KaliganjaroM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i guess theres not much u havent missed... avoiding the first 30-45 minutes isnt really helping much. ive always found that getting far into reerolls is playing as if your playing a cash game..treat ur chips
as money

V

Vulgar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I play freerolls, I let my strategy also depend on the structure of the game. (amount of chips in beginning, slow/fast structure, ...) And it also depends on what your goal is. Some freerolls have a leaderboard, so you can build your bankroll at the end of the month. F.ex. on pokerstars, I started to play the Open League to get my way into the Premier League and like that I get around 20dollars at the end of the month often.

GL on the tables!

Not sure if I can really play pokerstars in the US. When I started online poker 10 years ago, I did play Pokerstars and Absolute Poker.

V

Vulgar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were you, I'd play as many freerolls as possible, it doesn't hut, just free experience and money to be made.

Yea this is what I do, it's both cheap and entertaining.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Join the early shove / flipfest but don't go all-in with worst hands. If you bust, start another freeroll... they run all the time :D

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Freerolls usually attract a huge number of players and are sometimes called 'bingo', where only the luckiest players win. This is not true! Playing many hands is the biggest mistake a large percentage of freeroll players make. You can expect and just play good hands naiped and even pairs - so you will immediately have a big advantage and more likely to win pots to do well in the freeroll.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll go aggressive and loose in the early part and go tight later if im still in the thick of things.

yelmopoker01

yelmopoker01

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've recently crept back into online poker, and I was an avid player back before the USA made it harder to play online. I find myself playing freerolls as placing money on these sites doesn't seem completely safe and I've heard all kinds of confusing things about receiving winnings. That's another topic for another day. So I'm playing freerolls..

My first strategy that helped me go deeper into these tournaments, and any tournaments was to sit out the first 30-45 minutes. This allows most of those all in til their out players to go out, and it allows for a more predictable field of players to compete with. Beyond that, I try not to go all-in AT ALL in any circumstance unless I'm holding the nuts. I usually wait til im in the money to put all of my chips on the line.

Anyone have any other points of strategy that might help me more consistently make the cuts for payout. I apologize in advance if this has been covered, and if it has a link to a similar conversation would be great.

Thanks!

Hello Vulgar,

I believe your strategy has its good side and bad one.
On the good side is to enter after the 30-40 minutes of tournament and thus, getting closer to the awards, but on the bad side, we know that the blaides at this time will be high and thus decreasing their chips quickly.
Avoiding all in all is a great way to avoid variance, but it's always worth raising-all in with premium hands (AA, KK, QQ).

So that's it, thanks and we met at the tables, GL !!!

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each freeroll tournament format can be divided into three main stages - early, middle, and the final table.
Freeroll strategy is quite simple. In the early stages of most poker books recommended to keep a tight game in any case did not play weak hands, since the main your task - to hold out as long as possible. But there are tips to behave a little emancipation and add to their game a little looseness. The most important thing at the initial stage - to pick up the fish all the chips.
In freerolls played a lot of people, so you need to either score as many chips to be able to influence events in the tournament, or all merge quickly and move on to the next tournament, the benefit of freerolls in the major poker rooms lack does not happen ever.
In general, the main task at the initial stage of the game - to collect a good stack or safely take off and go to the next tournament. bluff at the initial stage is not necessary, because in almost all cases, you get a call. Play only hands to be having a good value. Do not be afraid to fly and play confidently and calmly.
After about an hour of the game in the middle stage freeroll begins. At this point freeroll strategy must change. By this time usually flies more than half of the players, the fish leaves the table, the blinds grow. It is advisable at this point to collect a stack of substantially more than the average. If it was possible then you need to start to put pressure on the small stacks, but with deep stacks is not necessary to join the fight as possible.
It is best to go to the banks raise or just fold the card. If you want to show your bluff, then the best time for this - the second half of this stage of the game. If the short stacker is an all-in at this moment, when the game is close to the bubble, it means that his excellent maps. In no case do not let the short stacks chances of doubling.
If all goes well, then you get to the final table. The main criterion for power at the final table is no longer the power cards and the value of the stack. We need constantly to put opponents traps. If you are lucky and you get to the final match, it is necessary to do to raise every hand, especially in the game against a tight player. If he answers or reraise that does not happen so often, then you can throw a hand.
This tactic will lead to the fact that your opponent will continue to lose their chips, gradually giving the blind for the blind. The aggressive strategy in the final freeroll - the best way to win the tournament.

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at the beginning of the tournament follow all the cards until they begin lifting bet, then play some serious cards.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight... and Pray for don't lose everything in a bad beat. (What probably will occur).

K

kingdevlin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play in position with wet cards, if no one ups and I have a high card or obviously with the so-called "group A", out of position only play with that "group A" of cards, I try not to put myself in many all in (Although it ends up falling in some still) and try to always get someone desperate at the beginning and double up, after the break the game begins to get more studied but the "ante" start to accelerate the game and then you have to play all Hands correctly, a mistake and you're out

P

PokerThief

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Open shove monsters, you should get calls. Also in multiway all-ins, go all-in with speculative hands like 78 suited as well as big pairs, AK etc as this can leave you with a huge stack which you need to win

Edubb78

Edubb78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Head banging

Thanks!

You don't know how many times I wanna put my own head through a wall with some of the horrible play and calls that I see. I'm starting to say F it, and start calling bets with junk because if you can't beat them join them..... right??? GL to you!