Freeroll to bankroll

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like party poker, I think is one of the best poker rooms. I think Tournaments are the best choice because there are lots of micro-stakes. Of course, if you like deep stack tournaments and 6 max tables.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cash games are the quickest way to build your bankroll however also can be the quickest way to lose your bankroll. I would stick to freerolls and low buy-in sng’s until your bankrolls at a level you feel comfortable raising the stakes.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience, I noticed that the benefits of a bankroll from Freerolls:
1) free aggressive play without the fear of losing (from your own pocket);
2) in case of loss the nerves remain in order (small loss).

There is one drawback: it is easy (free) to get it - it is just as easy and fast wasted (not sorry)! Because of this, it is hard to save a good bankroll.

B

Bert21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would personally choose Cash games, as I don't have a lot of time too spend playing. But if you have the time and patience to do tournaments then it could be a good Roi

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new but in my experience so far it's best to stick with the freeroll tournaments until you start making some progress as a player. The only downside is that it seems the tactic is to shove-and-pray the first couple of rounds. Then, if you survive, you can start playing real poker. I just started a few days ago, but have cashed in a few freerolls already. My goal is to get to around $10-$20 from freerolls total -- then hopefully I will cash in some low-stakes tournaments. We'll see... good luck to you!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls a good opportunity to gain experience.

Ricardo007

Ricardo007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the tournaments are better because of playing more money, there is no money game like dumb things that bet your money instead of chips I prefer tournaments.[emoji41]

N

neroaxel8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls for begginers

Hello. Can you tell if it's possible to get
some money without a deposit on freerolls?
:confused:

N

neroaxel8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls

And who can describe in detail how
to become a member of the Cardschat Club?

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Can you tell if it's possible to get
some money without a deposit on freerolls?
:confused:

The answer is, yes! I've cashed a few time so far on freerolls. Still working at it though to build an actual bankroll that I can work with. In any case, it's not only free, it's very entertaining! Just keep playing and getting better.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I managed to turn $17.10 into $170 in 2 days playing 25NL cash games. But then I lost it the next 2 days playing cash and MTT's smh

I've seen a lot of people here suggest SNG's so maybe that's a good option. I haven't tried it myself but will once I take down some freerolls.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And who can describe in detail how
to become a member of the Cardschat Club?
carefully review the requirements and rules on the forum
everything is stated there is accessible and understandable.
Contact our moderators, they will always help you

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must say when freeroll-ing, keep in mind the purpose.
I think it's important not to train yourself to make decisions you would otherwise not make if it was not a freeroll. Keep the goal in mind. Check out "freeroll to cash out" thread if you have a great testimony to share, or looking to hear about others.

I just became a CardsChat freeroll member and excited!
My first weekly tourney, I made the money.
Unfortunately, I lost to a 3 card outter!

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally reached the final table on a week night for the cardschat freeroll.
Got 2nd place (could of played better), 10 bucks more for first place.
Be ready for your run!!!
First good run fell in the twenties; 25k plus chips to a dominated hand.
FYI: more bankroll more gamble (most of the time!) There are some people who are into pot odds.

Last edited:
C

ChipCommander

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Freerolls

When it comes to freerolls, what are the best platforms for US players? I thought everyone in the US just plays on ACR for the most part.

NLOP and Americas Cardroom are good. NLOP has wsop step tournaments and Americas Cardroom has a $1M prizepool one called Venom. They also have other assorted freerolls.

If you want to join NLOP I can get you 30 days worth of free tokens if you send me your email I will have a link sent to you. Those can be used for rebuys in some good tournaments and to jump ahead of the steps. You can also play ring games with the tokens to increase your stack. You only get 5 tokens a day though so only play them when you are ready.

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Advise on how a nobody can be a winner!​

Listen up newbies and those willing to gain solid knowledge.
What is considered normal distribution, may not be random distribution when it relates to software design.. Many people refer to random distribution as a statistical measure based upon the bell curve. However, to make that claim from a design perspective only requires outcomes to fall within normal distribution based upon the given sample size to the degree of error assumed. Anyone with a math background knows this. A prejudice may statically occur without recognition, so as long as it cannot be defined by outcomes based on a normal distribution curve contingent upon inputs and sample size.
This means short-term outcomes can have prejudice and still fall within normal distribution because it does not consider the wagers made (even relative to bankroll).
That logical decision making can fail based upon numerical evaluation, as it relates to the weight given to any sample size; with normal distribution based on a sample size of infinity and specific constraints measured.
When playing something that is designed, know that and apply your decision making accordingly. It does not mean that some one cannot be successful, but that there may be something in place to ensure the probability/profitability of favorites without proof or numerical recognition!

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
little of both work well if you can win consistantly

I play on Party Poker and don’t deposit into my account very often. Instead I like to try and cash in Freeroll tournaments Once I cash what’s the best way to try and build my bank roll. Stick with tournaments or move to cash games
I'd say keep on playing in free rolls, especially when there's a decent amount to win at final table...THEN pick and choose "cash games" and stay tight , as there are plenty of donkos in the early levels....and even at final table sometimes. Good luck. I play at ACR and haven't reached "free roll membership" level yet at CC, but when I do I will be able to play in daily free rolls.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey.
What are these tokens for? How are they used on ACR?

S

shadmal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll good in many ways, gain experience, get used to the tournament environment, increase the bankroll and do not risk

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Freerolls are good. but when you play a tournament for your money .. there the game is completely different ... it's hard to learn how to play poker well .. you need to teach well

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is based on assumption and the behavior of the players your playing against.
Something can be true or not; however if it practically applies, application makes the information effective.

Things based on assumption do not have to be necessarily true, it only has to work in the short-term and not adopted as ever-enduring. Strategy should evolve based on circumstances with previous experiences as support, I do this well at times and not very well at other times.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management