Freeroll to bankroll

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on your skills and knowledge! Are you better at cash games or in tournaments? I personally think that it is better to play the tournaments and to build your bankroll easily. But play low-budget tournaments, that's rule number one. Do not run out and say, if you have $ 5 bankroll, you're playing a $ 5-dollar tournament and, rather, play from $ 0.20 a buy-in. Patient and slowly! Good luck!;)

Splitpot88

Splitpot88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even with a bankroll I still play freerolls basically because they are free. Not just a free buy-in but free experience. I have been told that you need at least 100 buy-ins to play tournaments. I would keep playing freerolls until you build enough br to feel comfortable moving to cash or tournaments. Best of luck to you!

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even with a bankroll I still play freerolls basically because they are free. Not just a free buy-in but free experience. I have been told that you need at least 100 buy-ins to play tournaments. I would keep playing freerolls until you build enough br to feel comfortable moving to cash or tournaments. Best of luck to you!
You competently approached the management of your bankroll.
I also try to play freerolls to replenish the bankroll and the possibility then to play for the money above[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Distort99

Distort99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that it goes without saying that you should always play in freerolls not only cause there free but for the experience like he said. always a bonus no matter what ur stack looks like. rule #1 is always improve ur game and u cant do that if u dont play right?

B

BigJLittleJ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After a few freeroll wins I'd say it depends on how you feel. There is always that golden rule never to spend more than 10% of your bankroll on any game. I find, though that when I have grinded upto $5 that obviously 10% is only 50c, 50c will get you in to fixed limited poker cash table but what I was wanting to hint at was sit'n'go which can earn you money quickly in comparison to cash tables especially when one is going through that like "Poker Period" where nothing works out for you. If you prefer cash tables or feel the need to use a fishing technique that great, but keep your eyes on a micro stake tournament at 50c buy in's used with any profit you have built playing on the cash table. There are never any guarantees though so I hope your gut feelings of when to even enter a game are good to start off with.

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Patience is the key to building a bankroll!

CC freerolls are the best way to get started, then I suggest when you get to $40 play 30 $1 sit and goes. If your ROI is above 120 then continue to play sit and goes ($5-$10 is best)
until you have the desired bankroll you want. If you are below 120 ROI then continue to play freerolls. Do not play cash games until you have played at least 200 sit and goes. Good luck

S

SilentIWarrior

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The CardsChat Daily $100 at Pokerstars is a constant chance to start from scratch everyday.really amazing chance to avoid the need to deposit for a decent game...and the possibility every day of zero to hero.turned my couple of dollars win into $50 twice already.big thanks to CardsChat for these daily tourney's. Let's hope they can continue.gl all.
Hey. Please share your experience how long it will take to get access to freerolls from cardschat and how if it is possible to speed up the process. I will be very grateful for the information.

Hello also to all participants of this topic and if it is not difficult to ask you to give advice on how to choose the shortest way to get access to freerolls from cardchat. I will be very grateful for any advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

oopetebomb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
new here

Hey everyone. Im new here and thought id sayhi.:icon_rr:

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Utilize proper bankroll management and try to satellite into bigger tournaments. The best freeroll here on Cardschat is the monthly one over at Titan Poker. Good luck.

FundaMental01

FundaMental01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found a few freerolls to play in ACR has $10 free rolls on Demand. I cashed in 2 of those then cashed back to back in the $.10+.01 buyin unlimited re-entry tournament..

Attachments

• 4th-place.11buyin.jpg
    4th-place.11buyin.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 105
  • took 3rd place out of 620.jpg
    took 3rd place out of 620.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 113
  • $10-FreeRoll-Final-7.jpg
    $10-FreeRoll-Final-7.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 112
  • $10FreeRoll-FinalTable.jpg
    $10FreeRoll-FinalTable.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 92
okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I started with freeroll tournaments and have a healthy bankroll on 5 sites including Party.
I recommend SNGs and tournaments, make sure you are bankrolled correctly.
It is easy to lose a stack of money in cash games.
I play Zoom on Stars, but that also rips at your bank if you hit a bad run.
In low buy-in cash games it is hard to bluff and you will face many suck outs by players who use any 2 cards.
If you try to buy-in higher, the players are excellent regs, who will chew you up and spit you out.
One guy who has a good cash game record is figaroo2, but he has expertise acquired by study and intelligence.

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree. I play free rolls to make the bankroll bigger, is a good opportunity to do that for free

C

collesut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are basic and best way to get experience playing a big variety of players, i think a best build bankrol Is that in wich you didnt put a dollar of your own money, but it Is a very dificult path
I salute everybody that play poker for a longer period od time (5-7 yrs) and still playing Freerolls :ciao:

C

collesut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing Freerolls

Nice to have some of you guys who apriciate the game and play freerolls because all tournaments in which you can get in free and win some money are great(tickets or freerolls or school pass :eek:)

FundaMental01

FundaMental01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll to Bankroll

I have found a few freerolls to play in ACR has $10 free rolls on Demand. I cashed in 2 of those then cashed back to back in the $.10+.01 buyin unlimited re-entry tournament..
I now have over $32.00 on ACR.

Attachments

• 28.00.jpg
    28.00.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 57
L

lantz123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that freerolls are best card chat has 2 freerolls on the weekend that are great and intertop has one on sat and don't forget the jackpot freerolls

S

SantasPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people are saying do a little of both... but frankly in my experience.. cash games and tournaments are a completely different dynamic and also very different players if your able to win a freeroll stick to tournaments! Refer to my post i made awhile ago that really got me started again online... (https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-goals-challenges-wins-46/turned-0-01-into-2500-in-310105/ ) I quit after the dreadful Black Friday... stick to tourneys until u build a bankroll to try cash games. :)

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree too. I play online poker on PS and partypoker, there are few freerolls with $50-$250 prize pool. Unfortunately there are no depositor freerolls with $1k+ prize pooll as in previous years.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm currently down and need some freeroll help to get back in the game.

H

hermaeris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I totally agree. I play online poker only on pokerstars, there are very few freerolls, but thanks to Cardschat, I built my bankroll.

Well, I will try to do so, too. It gives you a better control, and you have to use some discipline, not going all-in with too risky hands because it means you will have to wait for the next freeroll ...

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a pity that not many players reason and play thoughtlessly every hand

S

SantasPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a pity that not many players reason and play thoughtlessly every hand

Well of course... not risking any money... I would say at least 75% of the field will play reckless first hour or so.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well of course... not risking any money... I would say at least 75% of the field will play reckless first hour or so.
as always. a long wait until the game will only good players who are really interesting to learn poker and think

kddy

kddy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best room to play freerolls

in my experience the best room to get a bank is 888, keep in mind that I've only played in pokerstars and 888, also in the already extinct Full till poker, but after making deposits in the 3 rooms, I must say that 888 is the one that most rewards the players and the one that more options to raise banking playing freerolls.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management