Free Poker School: Does it help or not?

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pokerstars loses himself in front of 888 Poker and Patypoker. It seems to me that PokerStars will die in the near future.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I got a lot of help by reading the Poker School articles and then taking the quiz after. At first I tried to take the quiz without reading the articles, but quickly realized that I did not know as much as thought I did. So then I started reading the articles more carefully. Not only was I able to pass the quiz, but I started to practice the strategies that were presented and I started to place higher in tournaments that I entered.
Yes, sounds familiar. I also had a similar experience.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it helps. Anything that you can read and actively think about. (That means consider the idea, its application, pros, cons, whatever) helps to improve your game.

Even if you don't plan on playing a certain style, you may one day be up against it. Take the time to absorb whatever you can.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For casual players and beginners it’s a good place to start if you want to understand strategies, strength of hands, test your push fold knowledge in a mini game and tons of articles that help with playing in and out of position.

Definitely look at other ways to gain information on the game as well and make notes of your play and your opponents.

Cheers

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Which school would

Tell me, are there any participants in the poker school who were really helped with poker with minimal expenses? If so, what kind of help was provided (except for video) and how did your game and poker thinking improve?

What school do you refer to? Was it Pokerstars Regional School or Cards Chat School?:confused:

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
backing team that provides free training and money for the game

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
information is gold keep reading all you can some of it will stick some wont but it comes down to the math what are the odds and is there enough equity to make the call reading players is great but math wins everytime

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I participated, and I believe that serves to understand the basics of poker to become a player with a certain level, nothing more. To become a pro player, I believe we have to study much more, to experience experiences of all kinds. only then can we reach a higher level.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Schools online help disseminate poker they have had many good players and efficiency and success began there

so I guess valid and prizes eg poker stars and Structures of the alloys today stimulates play correctly

:jd4:mateuspoker

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I just started playing poker and poker school helped me. Even after passing the tests I was given free tickets.

A

AxelJPB77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
School of poker

I am one of the people who prefer to play it and learn through defeats and victories. I also like to see the best in the world through internet or YouTube to learn strategies and mode their game modes. There are alternatives to learn in schools and I think it would be the best, but not always available to each person, if you have that opportunity you should take it so you learn more professionally.:eek:

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion studies is always important, already in question of freeroll I think you should not take too seriously because you will lose to players who play freeroll of indiscreet, so play freeroll in a quiet way aware any time you will happen a bad
:birthday::icon_cycl:thumpdown

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me in the staff the school helps me, since I can find situations of game that allow me to take them to practice and adjust my strategy. It also gives me the opportunity to grow my bank, having a minimum risk, since I get free tickets to tournaments.
In conclusion the school helps me improve my game.

A greeting!

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on your level of play and learning style will be factors into what you get out of them. Most of the free poker schools I have seen are text with a quiz of some kind.

Anything that gets you thinking about poker in a way different than you have considered it before is helpful.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The poker school helps a lot with certainty. Both in the teaching part and in the free promotions and prizes. It has a very good tournament grid as well, and rankings with awards.
It is a great boost for those starting out or becoming micro.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, since all the beginning the tutorials helped me a lot, free helped to improve the game without spending my bankroll. The knowledge of the school I already saw in many courses, so that to pay if it is available there for free

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker school was in its infancy when I started playing online poker. It has specific guidelines and helped me understand a little more than gambling strategies were treated. No costs, it has worked much reading to see videos ...

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pokerstars poker school was real helpful to me pre black friday. Havent been able to play for real money ring games since then.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think on the internet a lot of free useful content. Books, poker vod, various courses. In 2019, I would not pay for tuition, times have changed a lot. The only exception is the service of a trainer, who can look at my hands history and сorrect mistakes.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker School helped me but not as much as i was expected. There is a lot of helpfull articles and videos but there are basics. If something is free its only basics. If you need realy useful help, you need to pay, its a fact.
But in my opinion, best coach and trainer is your own expierience and life. Learn yourself on your mistakes, analise your hands and play, improve your tactic and learn on your own mistakes. Your bigest enemy and teacher is YOU.

LibaSzabi

LibaSzabi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a lot of helpfull articles.

POKERRANSOM

POKERRANSOM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i tend to feel pokerschool is for mabye intermediate players who have an idea of the way poker works and knowaldge of strategy. To me a begging player wont understand some or most of poker school without the loss of money

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
experience is a good teacher ...I think joining here has added information ... Thanks cardschat

B

bronson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker players, like anything in life, should always be learning