• Start date
A

augustolorenzzo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,
I wanna to discuss with you today, about hands that are really strong pre-flop, like AA, KK, but could lose depending on the flop.
Can you fold a very strong hand when the flop is not your friend? or do you still think will you win somehow?

Daymo90

Daymo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This totally depends on your chip position on the table at the time you have the hand, whether you can afford to see it through with top pair which realistically, against decent poker players, you would be able to. Rarely I'll see good players playing pre flop hands like 72o. You're still in a strong position with a KK or AA if the flop comes out 3-4-8 for example, unless they are suited then you've got to take into account whether you have one of the suits or not.

M

Manlg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you need fold strong starting hands becouse you may loose your stack.
For example, if you have AA and the flop 789 suited and you don't have suite A. When you bet on this board and receive push push, you must fold your hand.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends because several factors can push me to throw such hands but most of the time I continue to raise at least until the turn to try at least to determine the strength of my opponent. KK if an AS is already on the flop especially if you raise preflop.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play aggressively strong hands and rarely folds them. If the opponent represents strong hands - I have QQ and the flop is AKx to fold is easy.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the information I have from my opponent, it is never easy to fold an AA or KK after the raise in the pre-flop and according to the info and the bet that my opponent makes, I can decide whether to get out of the hand after the flop

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As everybody else said , it depends on your table. If I have AA preflop I'm betting strong preflop to single out somebody with potential value hands so if the flop comes 379 I'm not worried because most of the time I know they didnt come along with such hands. If I'm at a table with reaaaallllllyyy loose players then theres always the option or if I'm heads up then theres more of an option to fold on some flops

K

Kaski54

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As most of You say 'it depends'.
I agree it is important to push preflop. Than You have to be careful.
Having KK and Ace on the flop look for heavy pusher and make Your own decision.
AK, no hit on the flop and heavy pusher – depends on Your chip stack.
There are much more to consider.
Be careful about straight or full house draws at a flop.

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to evaluate the strength of the hands on each street separately. I don’t remember when I fold AA on the flop, very rarely the flop will convince you to fold aces. But QC needs to be able to fold if there is an ace on the flop, and opponents show strength.

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Biggest dilemma for me when my monster gets raised on the flop. How do you know if they flopped a set? Or two pair? It's a tough one.

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,
I wanna to discuss with you today, about hands that are really strong pre-flop, like AA, KK, but could lose depending on the flop.
Can you fold a very strong hand when the flop is not your friend? or do you still think will you win somehow?
It is difficult to answer your question unequivocally. It all depends on many circumstances: your position, the behavior of the players at the table, the composition of the cards on the flop, etc. Sometimes it's better to fold with AA. Every situation is unique. But usually I raise preflop independently of the position in order to reduce risks and knock out players with not very good hands, which can increase further. And then I act on the situation. But you have to remember that you can always lose with AA after the river =)

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,
Yes you can fold still AA or KK on flop if flop is wet,like so many outs for straight and flush,and ofcourse depends on what range of hand you put your opponent,something like that,but not fold is it is a some bet like half pot or something like that,but all in still can fold on flop.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA, KK are strong pocket hands preflop. At the flop this hands could be not very good if board is wet. You should to pay more carefully

J

Joshua BNL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty good at folding after a bad flop. You have to revaluate your and after every change.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys,
NEVER!!!! You should never fold theses kind of hands. Even in freerolls you shouldn´t fold. Depending on the table you can limp. Or Raise. Or even all-in It´s up to the risks you are ready to take Thats it. Rgds

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult to answer your question unequivocally. It all depends on many circumstances: your position, the behavior of the players at the table, the composition of the cards on the flop, etc. Sometimes it's better to fold with AA. Every situation is unique. But usually I raise preflop independently of the position in order to reduce risks and knock out players with not very good hands, which can increase further. And then I act on the situation. But you have to remember that you can always lose with AA after the river =)
Agree But to Fold an AA or KK is very unusual. You can limp or check. But never Fold

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there people
The big problem with that is specially when you play freerolls
Some fishes enter a hand with 23 and get 456 in the river. Crazy but real!!!!!!!!!

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A "Bomb-Pot" hand.. (every player makes a mandatory 10$ bet until you see the flop.. after flop you can raise if you like.. )
I'm delt AA in Mid.. the flop is Q Q K .. UTG raises Pot.. I fold ..
He did end up having a Q

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise preflop and try to put your opponents on a range based on table position and stack size in order to have a balanced judgement.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is funny how every time i get AA or KK the flop always comes out A flush or straight draw. Never fails. What's sad is I'm very aggressive so usual just one person calls. And of coarse that person normal hits his cards. I'm just that unlucky or am I?

J

Joshua BNL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is funny how every time i get AA or KK the flop always comes out A flush or straight draw. Never fails. What's sad is I'm very aggressive so usual just one person calls. And of coarse that person normal hits his cards. I'm just that unlucky or am I?
Well, I feel you there. It's bad play from the opponent 9/10 times but it's pure bad luck he's lucky against you. The other times he won't hit and loses.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys,

If you are headsup then it is easier to just continue and continue.

But if there are 4 or 5 players to the flop - and the flop is wet with made hands and strong draws - and there is betting or raising in front of you - this is a good situation to fold one pair unless you have the A-high flush draw.

Good luck !

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to know what your opponents range is to begin with. Every player is different. Players who are tight and have a very low 3-bet percentage are going to have a very small range. Opponents could easily call 3-bets with suited connectors to try and crack them or give up on the flop. If you're the opening bet with aces and your opponent(s) just call you are even more likely to get beaten post-flop since they're going to have an even wider range. Generally speaking you're going to want to put as much money in pre-flop as possible, with just one player calling. That's the most ideal situation when you have aces. Study your opponents and be able to accept defeat before you get destroyed.

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely fold hands like those but like on straight flops or flush sometimes I fold

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This depend your stack, what you know about other players, which cards came in flop most of times you have to raise post flop but sometimes you have to fold this hands.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker