Status
Not open for further replies.
G

G M O N E Y

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Xeno, you must have balls of steel to be folding AA. I question your roll in society promoting NOOB on NOOB crime, lol....very good insight into the 1st hour of freerolls, gonna try it!

S

styly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
mufc said:
noobs bes way to deal with them is to wind them up and slowly they lose concentration and go all in on a 2 7 unsuited when u have aa
no wot u mean
only 2day got 23rd wen needed 18th.then 35th wen needed 20th
many times b4 2
av same troubles.think my prob is wen a lot at stake and blinds get huge im not as genorous with my chips and this is wen every hand i fold comes in and every 1 i play doesnt.need more strength in my chasing of cards or my bluffing
only comes wiv time i suppose.mayb u similar.

A

allinguy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the first hour is brutal,always.alot of check/fold I'll take a few pots if i can but i play a pretty consevitive game untill the first break when most of the noobs are gone.

M

mikekac

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wow it wierd seeing you tlak bout noobs n then it says newbie rite undername but i understand lol ur correct on the info

S

Smarts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with playing conservatively to outlast these so called "noobs" but I don't think you can take that strategy too far. I think that if you are an experienced play you should use that advantage to make some serious chips by taking advantage of their styles. Why wait until only quality players are left to make your move. For proof look at the guys with the huge stacks at the end of the first hour and I bet you that allot more of them are still around 2 hours later than the people hanging back doubling their stack once in the first hour... just a thought.

R

runner428

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wow great post, I was wondering if anyone else is having difficulty staying in the running with about 14 ppl left in the tourney. I always lose chips here before the final tables.

N

newmania20000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Who really cares about freeroll strategy? If you have that much thought and energy, try real money.

A

a_debrie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There's nothing I hate more than those idiots that go All In constantly with nothing.

P

pdkash

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
got caught by one of your noobs today....1st hand of tourney pocket AA in small blind
all in bet by noob form 3rd position I called he had 83 off hit running 3's on 4th on 5th st what can u do....

lightning36

lightning36

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hear ya. I have been out in the first few hands matching a pre-flop all-in with AA or KK, only to get beat by lucky crap. Of course, you have to first think, "What if I go out the first ten minutes?" Sometimes I don't really care, but once I was really looking forward to the freeroll and was ticked at myself for being so reckless.

A few days ago, I was TRYING to go out since I had to pick up a pizza. Got a few good to marginal hands and got really aggresive. Won a bunch of points, then got the pizza, ate with my family, then remembered, "Oh - I am in a freeroll." My stack had gone down quite a bit, so I tried loose-agressive again for the heck of it. Damned if I didn't luck out. Finished in the top 2.5%. So you never know what can happen ... which is what makes Hold Em so great.

Devilpoker78

Devilpoker78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a good guide Xenobias, your playing stratergies are duly noted, thank you. Joking, its a good guide, thats almost the same as how I like to play my hands in a freeroll. Good job. Usually you can spot a noob on a table almost immediately by the way they bet. Foul-mouthed ones are a bit tricky tho, Ive met alot of these morons who arent really noobs but just like to piss you off and put you on tilt by taunting at you. I just put these on ignore and laugh at them when they get beat. (By turning the whole table against them, they usually do). The Z noobs as u call them are usually in the same category as the foul mouthed ones. The calling noobs are necessary for my chip stack build, so Im not complaning. The all in ones usually dont last long enough till I get a good hand, theyre more like a bonus jackpot for me if I get a good hand early.

N

njdsousa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ladies and gentlemen,

I read several post's but 90% of them are only to get to the 15 post needed for the freeroll password's.

IS NOT THE FIRST HOUR THAT MATHERS... THE MOST IMPORTANT TIME IN A FREEROOL IS WHEN THERE IS ONLY ONE PLAYER TO BE ELIMINATED BEFORE THE MONEY START'S TO ENTER ON OUR ACCOUNT!!!

Njdsousa

onebigblue

onebigblue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with most of what u say but ocassionly i am one of those zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzguys but only after the same player consistly takes too long (usually because he is playing to many games) not if the guys got a real decision

H

hockey072

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Am I only one who finds heads-up is like a new game itself? It's way different opposed to three or more players. Other than that I break the tourney down like you do. First hour, second hour, third hour, final table, heads up. I sometimes let the noobs deal with eachother. I don't care if a noob has 10k while everyone else at the table has 1.5k. Before you know it he goes all in on K2 suited (becuase if it's suited, it's holy) and bust out half way through. Nothing is more fustrating than a noob pushing you all in when you have AQ to their J9 suited, only for them to nail a pair of 9's on the river.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the noobs hit lucky draws to make their garbage into gold, tell 'em "good call" or something like that. You want them to do it again next time, and to bring in their friends who are even worse. :p

B

biggamer86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically early on instead of making the same mistake as them you wait for the big hand and instead of going all in you keep 5 or 6 people with you. Mainly do this when you hit a flush or the top 2 pair, then you bet about 4 times the blinds and everyone will call with there draws. When you realize almost everyone missed their hand or called with a mid 2 pair or so thats when you all in on the last card there is already a ton in the pot and normally you get far more then just winning a all in bet with 2 people normally youre stack will become 3 times to 5 times as big because you didn't immediately go all in with the nuts or one of the top 3 hands. After that your basically good for the first hour just pick up a few small pots when you need to and avoid all ins unless you have a premium hand. Many people after the first break are great to especially those high stacks if you have like a 9 10 suited, and flop your straight or 2 pair normally the high stack will call any bet below 1k chip with an ace in his hand. You need to take advantage of this until basically the final 100 players then you tighten up and play good hands and try to stay above the chip average. If you play consistantly you should almost always get to the top 100 with ease.

By the way nj that is not the most important part you definately have to play extremely well early on to make it that far.

Last edited:
D

dickens

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
another poker advice from the dickens

save your all in plays for when the blinds get bigger like 100/200, or after the river, your most likely to get a player all in if they have something to the board smaller than you, too many people are in a hurry to go all in with lower blinds in the first hour.

eric

D

dickens

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
barbnc55 said:
when playing free rolls i find players going all in because they have no money invested so i let them take each other out and then play my game it seems to work
agree wit h you and unless i have the hand to call their all in i let them take each other out as well.

eric

G

goaley45

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One word: Patience

Very nice post. For those who dont have time to read and digest the whole thing, the main point made is PATIENCE! No doubt the noob can be beat by being patient, not only during the first hour, but prolly for the first two.

D

dickens

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could someone post the money winners for freeroll 7/3 at noble, i missed the tourney because i knew i was going to a cookout and would like to know who placed the money today?

eric

A

atomic6262

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing Fancy

In the first hour of a freeroll, i believe you should play straight-forward poker. If you have a really strong hand, bet and if you dont you should fold. There are many unskilled players that will call anything. Therefore you should not try any fancy bluffs or complicated plays. By the first break many of the bad players will be out except for the few who got lucky while calling anything. After the first break is when you should actually start putting some strategy into your method of play. Just remember, when playing against bad players, dont try to be fancy.

B

BabkovAA

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just waiting for such a good hand, and these players are knocked out

S

sharong

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree totally with this thread, i consistently make it to the top 100 but i usually bust before the money. ie tonight i finished 68 and the top 40 paid. i was 5900 in chips blinds were 400/800 on the bb w pocket 9s of course one of the big stacks on the table (around 30,000) raised 2100 so felt my best play was all in he called w pocket 7s and hit trips. i understand thats poker but all to often the same kind of thing happens as i dont have enough chips to absorb a bad beat, what are some strategies to avoid this, patience gets me here but i feel the ones getting lucky early then applying pressure on the blinds when they are a substantial size have the advantage.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never bluff during this time. Noobs don't know the word bluff. They never think you can beat them. They truly believe they are the best player at the table.

Mb you just cant use the bluff?? :) Never bluff on the river vs fishes. It is a rule :)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried the first hour to play tight. Slowly I know the nature of the game opponents at the table. Then I move on to the more Aggressive game. With noobies play cautiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.