Finally losing my Vcard in the big boys tournament and I'm scared.

Jericho1991

Jericho1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PG
Chips
Ok so I won my first $109 ticket a few hours ago in a freeroll on 888 poker and I don't know what to do. Theres a $10,000 PKO in an hour and a $12,000 mystery bounty in 4 hours. I don't know which tournament is good for an amateur like me to play in. And also are those tournaments the same as micro and freerolls or are the players in those tournaments all pros?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Congratulations!

I would suggest to use the ticket in some bigger event where chances are higher that also some amateur(ish) players buyin.

I guess regular tournaments during the week are more filled with regulars/pros.

Good luck!

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ok so I won my first $109 ticket a few hours ago in a freeroll on 888 poker and I don't know what to do. Theres a $10,000 PKO in an hour and a $12,000 mystery bounty in 4 hours. I don't know which tournament is good for an amateur like me to play in. And also are those tournaments the same as micro and freerolls or are the players in those tournaments all pros?

Playing in the PKO gives you a good opportunity to at least min cash with a decent amount.

But first, look at the details as you don't want to be entering any short stack or turbo events.

Patience early doors, don't be tempted into calling shoves with AK.

Hope you win big ;)

Jericho1991

Jericho1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PG
Chips
Congratulations!

I would suggest to use the ticket in some bigger event where chances are higher that also some amateur(ish) players buyin.

I guess regular tournaments during the week are more filled with regulars/pros.

Good luck!
Thanks mate. Maybe I keep the ticket for a while and not to rush. You have a nice day/night.

Jericho1991

Jericho1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PG
Chips
Playing in the PKO gives you a good opportunity to at least min cash with a decent amount.

But first, look at the details as you don't want to be entering any short stack or turbo events.

Patience early doors, don't be tempted into calling shoves with AK.

Hope you win big ;)
Thanks buddy. Well the blind level is 10 minutes for the PKO and I was second in a 1$ buy-in PKO months ago so maybe I'll try the $10,000 PKO. lol

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to assure some money by playing a PKO event.I wish you all the best in the tourney.It is not that easy to win that entry in a freeroll

B

BurnTurnRun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Don't treat it any different to how you would your normal buy in tournaments.

Personally I would be going for the PKO and aiming to play tight aggressive. As someone else said if you manage to get 1 KO you've at least made something from your ticket.

Good luck whatever you choose to play with it

Jericho1991

Jericho1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PG
Chips
Don't treat it any different to how you would your normal buy in tournaments.

Personally I would be going for the PKO and aiming to play tight aggressive. As someone else said if you manage to get 1 KO you've at least made something from your ticket.

Good luck whatever you choose to play with it
Thanks