Feel like I’m stuck

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like I’m at beginner level and can’t get any better. I’ve read books and taken numerous courses (including this one) and don’t feel like I’ve learned ANYTHING! There’s just information overload and it seems like the answer to every question is, “it depends.” Help me get better.

Which games are you playing, what are your results, and what is your sample size? Without this information its very difficult to pinpoint, what the problem is, and what the best solution might be.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Take a break, for example for a month, rest and start all over again. A long break will allow you to re-evaluate your capabilities, potential and identify further priorities.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which games are you playing, what are your results, and what is your sample size? Without this information its very difficult to pinpoint, what the problem is, and what the best solution might be.

I’m playing SnG’s almost exclusively and typically cash about 2/3 times, although yesterday was a rough day. Sample size is about 500 tournaments I would guess.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m playing SnG’s almost exclusively and typically cash about 2/3 times, although yesterday was a rough day. Sample size is about 500 tournaments I would guess.

500 SnGs is not a particularly large sample, so maybe you just dont enjoy poker as much, as you had expected? Also it sounds to me like, you are not using a tracker and just guessing about your results. Cashing in 67% of SnGs over a sample of 500 would probably be the highest winrate ever recorded in the history of online poker. If you are cashing 55% of the time in DoNs or 37% in traditional 6-9 mans, thats a good result already. And maybe this is also part of the issue? SnGs are a looong grind with small margins, they are not some kind of get rich fast scheme :)

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can understand what you are saying.
Even I feel that many times. Try figuring out what's missing in your game strategy.

I realized I have a tendency to play more ABC poker without bluffing. Especially when few of my bluffs don't work.

There might be something you need to work on to bring it all together.

Anyway Good luck.. !!!

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game of imperfect information and dealing with probabilities. Its more difficult to learn especially when there is so much material available.

Try to find some organized poker course and focus on fundamental aspects of the game. Hopefully you will gain some clarity and experience improvement in your game.