Is experience fundamental to playing poker?

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is the poker experience a relevant factor?

Last edited:
sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is clear that the experience, the playing time, the tournament all played, hands played, the total FT that has reached this greatly influences the player's game, as he is more prepared every day to go through these situations. I do not know what to do with them, but I do not know what to do with them.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It may not help all the time but I’ll definitely say experience helps you look at spots in more than one way

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well yeah. A normal person would get better with experience. Assuming the ability the learn.

B

Belus 08

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, experience helps you to make the best decisions, wait for the right time to call, fold, bet, etc. To me, experience is key

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
The answer to your main question is easy: of Course Not!

You can play Poker without experience, all new players do, must of them will loose of course, but If they pay the entrance fee or have a ticket, they will be playing poker without any experience.

Your next question about experience been a relevant factor, of course it is.

If you want to be successful in poker you need to practice and accumulate experience in every level until you can manage your bankroll and be a winner. :driver:

<div style="color: rgb(34, 37, 51); font-family: NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">
<div class="post_message" id="post_message_4546975" style="word-break: break-word; color: rgb(34, 37, 51); font-family: NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over a year of playing yes in one session you could possibly run hot and it won't matter. If you're not playing and studying someone else is and they'll have a huge advantage

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is all about situations, what do I do in this particular situation given the information I have. Certain situations come up more often than others and it is in this way that experience is a relevant part of poker. If you come across a new line and review the hand better you may find a better way to play said line in the future, the more lines you've seen and reviewed the more situations you're ready to deal with when they come into play during a game. In this way more experience = more situations dealt with = better understanding of the game

A

Alex330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the foundation of becoming a winning poker player is interacting with other players. There are always going to be players who know more than you and the best way to improve your game is to actively engage with them.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Having experience is one thing, but learning from it is quite another. You need to go back over situations, hands etc. and try and work out what you could have done differently to improve.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
If I believe that experience helps to be a better poker player ... but it does not guarantee that you will win a tournament ... the experiences lived in difficult situations in determined hands ... helps to decide in a better way ...! It's a plus in the game of poker ... but like I said ... it does not guarantee that you will win a tournament ..!

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Experience matters in every aspect of everyone's life! Some theoretical knowledge will not help to win chips!

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely agree with the above comment, experience is very cruical, very rarely will someone succeed at something without experience

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. The only way to get experience is to play. The more you play, the more you learn.

S

soillwill

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Experience is what we all learn from in any situation and poker is no different. You have to learn what beats what to even have a basic understanding and then move on to the fact that people will bluff to run you off a hand that you may have won with a weak hand. Then there are the different formats, rules or each house and players playing loose to tight and everything inbetween.

MaxMarauder

MaxMarauder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, unless you want to rely solely on the cards you are dealt. Experience teaches you how to play the board in your favor also.

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Experience is never too much - the more I play the more I learn.:cool:

F

Forbesy604

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, experience helps you to make the best decisions, wait for the right time to call, fold, bet, etc. To me, experience is key

This is exactly how i wouldve said it

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Experience you gain over time, what really helps in the beginning are readings of articles and video lessons on how to act in certain positions at the table with a few hands.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I believe poker experience is a factor to be more cautious and aware simply because as an amateur most of the time you only are concerned about your own hand strength.

With more experience, you get in tune or more aware about your opponents hand strength therefore avoid serious damage to your chip stack.

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Experience is absolutely fundamental and relative to your game. What is more important is knowledge of the game. Understanding position, bet sizing. hand ranges. reading an opponent, bluffing, etc, etc, etc..... Study the game, read books, watch videos and apply what you learn to your poker experience and you will become a better poker player. Too many people on-line play without the knowledge and typically their experience is one of losing which is not a whole lot of fun. Grow your knowledge and your experience will be much more enjoyable!

B

babboonnexx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once youve covered which hands to play and have a basic knowledge of probability get out there and start seeing how different people play different hands. its also important to play in person so you can start to hear people talk through their decisions

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nobody becomes an expert at anything worthwhile without putting in some time. And just because someone spends 10 years doing an activity, will not necessarily make one a champion.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Absolutely, it gives you a big advantage over inexperienced players to build your stack with mediocre cards. Experienced players will use the raw players.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
experience matters a lot, helps you recognize spots and play them better, which leads to more money earned, little steps lead to long term positive results and thus, you become a winning player.