EV Graph - help needed

P

Pascal Martin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Hello, i am probably not the first asking and not the last but here is a 100nl ev graph of mine and i dont understand it, i know it is not alot of hand and it do not mean anything significant, but i would like to understand how to read it ! thank you !

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 26
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, i am probably not the first asking and not the last but here is a 100nl ev graph of mine and i dont understand it, i know it is not alot of hand and it do not mean anything significant, but i would like to understand how to read it ! thank you !
This graph has two data sets all-in EV which means usually how much you should have won or lost and how much you actually won or lost. Any time the green is lower than the brown it means you did not play optimally in those spots-- if you look around 2k on the graph brown is at -100 but you actually lost
-150 green This means you lost 50% more than the situation dictated--this is where you would want to look for the hands in your tracker and study why your losses where so large:unsure::geek:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winloss is your actual results, in this case +$30.09 at the point of the marker. All-In-EV is a measure of, how good or bad you get your money in, when you are all-in before the river against a single opponent. In this case +$66.52 at the point of the marker, meaning that on average you got your money in good and/or with some dead money in the pot.

Lets say you get it all-in preflop with AsKh against AcKd in a blind vs. blind confrontation and an effective stack of $50. The pot is then $100, out of which the poker site takes $2 as rake. Then your All-In-EV from that hand is -$1, since you have exactly 50% equity against an identical hand. If the hand started with a min-raise from CO, and he then folded, because SB 3-bet, and BB 4-bet, then the pot is $102, and since you still only contributed $50, your All-In-EV is now $0.

How to interpret that All-In-EV number is a bit of a question. It might seem like, a higher number is better, but that might not be the case. If for instance you only call an opponents jam preflop with AA, you will have a very high All-In-EV number, but you will also lose a lot of money without showdown. Whereas if you are jamming a lot as a bluff, you might have a negative All-In-EV number but compensate for this by winning a lot of money without showdown.

P

Pascal Martin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
This graph has two data sets all-in EV which means usually how much you should have won or lost and how much you actually won or lost. Any time the green is lower than the brown it means you did not play optimally in those spots-- if you look around 2k on the graph brown is at -100 but you actually lost
-150 green This means you lost 50% more than the situation dictated--this is where you would want to look for the hands in your tracker and study why your losses where so large:unsure::geek:
@fundiver199 @eetenor thank you for your help i understand better, would you consider using a software like pokertracker instead of the GGpoker built in system as PT might be more complete ?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@fundiver199 @eetenor thank you for your help i understand better, would you consider using a software like pokertracker instead of the GGpoker built in system as PT might be more complete ?
Absolutely but you can not use it on GG Poker. Its against their TOS, and the program does not work with GG Pokers software. So in order to use PT, you have to play somewhere else.