dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
In poker, the biggest fear is not having to deal with situations where you don't know how to play, but making a mistake but not knowing what you're doing. The hardest thing to fix, in my opinion, is the mistake of being too passive, not daring to thin the value bet. Why?

• If you bluff frequently, you will gradually be caught bluffing and lose money. Many times you will be recognized and corrected, reducing the frequency of bluffing.

• If your hand is bad and you don't have pot control, just bet haphazardly and lose a lot of times to learn from experience.

• If you call the station and hit bottom pairs, you keep calling until the end. You have to learn from losing money all the time.

• If you play too carefully, if you bet, you fold or lose the pot all the time, then gradually you will find that you need to readjust.

But if you hold strong cards and play passively, don't dare to bet, and are always afraid that your opponent has stronger cards (monsters under the bed), then this is a bad habit that is very difficult to break. Because there is no adverse outcome for you. In case you open your cards and your opponent holds a rare hand that beats you, you are happy, thinking you played correctly. In the case of opening and they lose to you (the vast majority of other cases), you still win the pot, and forget about the hand, satisfied with the little profit you got in the pot, telling yourself "I'll probably give up if I bet". "It's okay to miss value a little, it's okay to win the pot"... The human brain is not created to handle situations that "happen in another situation". You will regret the $100 you lost much more than the $200 you "could have won more".

If you want to go far in poker, you need to learn from a good teacher, or play with good friends so they can point out your blind spots in your thinking - mistakes that you don't realize you're making.