Enty plays 6x25nl FR

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WTF I typed a big response to the last Bob post.
And it's not here. I must have forgot to click reply or something sigh.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Checked out your vid, ent. I can't really say much as I feel like I'm playing around the same style you do. Obviously the AQ was a bad call but I have a problem laying that down myself.

I'm gonna try to make a vid this week and do the same thing. I like the responses that these vids are recieving.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sklansky-Chubukov chart?? Care to share Zach ?

Sorry just google it, it was in the back of one of Sklansky's books. It's not really relevant and there's no point in learning any of the numbers since it's a situation you will never run into ever. I didn't make the comment because I have the charts memorized or even vaguely know them I just know folding A5o 20 BBs deep against one opponent left to act is likely a mistake and looked up the chart just to be sure that no matter what shoving > folding although as I mentioned other options may be best (ie raise-call or if he's an absolute nit raise-fold). It's just that open folding Ax that shallow is just extremely weak and burning money.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any one that has anything to say about things that bob tiger says ?

I'm interested to see if there are more experienced players than me who agree/disagree ?

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any one that has anything to say about things that bob tiger says ?

I'm interested to see if there are more experienced players than me who agree/disagree ?
OK. I'll give it a shot.

You guys already talked about the AQ hand but I just wanted to point out at 25nl, the way he played that hand, limp, flat, then call your flop and practically min-raise the turn, that's always a poorly played monster, he is just showing so much strength that it should be an easy fold at 25nl. Agreed.

Then about 5 minutes in 10s on table 2, standard raise pre, then on flop, I don't know what's your standard c-bet is but you bet like half of pot which looks weak in shorty's eyes so I think you should be betting more to define his hand, and from his stats he looked like a calling station 33/x and i cant tell what this number is. Also while the TT was happening on table 1, you folded a8h on CO, you should be paying attention to all tables. Agreed. Also, you still have to deal with human perception of value pertaining to your bets at 25NL. $1.25 into a $2.25 pot looks like nothing to a donkey who just paid $2.39 for a flame-broiled Whopper at Burger King for dinner. The least I'd C-bet there is $1.75.

You talk about the supernova guy and this is for like everyone that reads this, every single supernova that plays 25nl and 50nl regularly is a f**king ABC nit, they play 20 something tables, and their winrate sucks balls and they make money when people just make mistakes and 3-bet 4-bet them light, they usually won't bluff because they are playing so many tables and don't see the good spots to bluff, so usually if they c-bet and then shut down on turn, I almost always bet, unless my notes indicate he plays monsters like that, something to keep in mind, and don't let the little stars intimidate you, all it means is they play a lot. Agreed.

Talking about the hud, you have their 3-bet percentage, but you don't have their fold to 3-bet percentage, so for example say someone is playing umm idk 30/18 and folds to 3-bets say 70% of the time and you have position on him, I'm no math genius and not sure what exact number of times you have to be succesful with your 3 bet to show profit but my point is if you are in position against someone like that and they have a pretty high fold to 3-bet, it's profitable to 3bet ATC, you got to be looking for ways to maximize your profit, I'm not saying you should 3-bet everytime those players open but under right circumstances I think it's pretty profitable and a lot of times when they do call, you can take it down usually on flop which also adds to your profit. Agreed. FT3Bet% goes hand-in-hand with 3-Bet%. I'm not LAG, but I think of an opportunity like Bob describes here as a way to balance out all the times you have to fold your blinds to a stealer or something similar.

9:20 on table you have 63 in bb, that hand really has no value, its folded to sb and he limps, don't let the sb limp, I would just be a total azz to sb and just keep pounding on that sb. I mean think about it, if you are in sb what hands are you limping with, maybe if you have the fancy syndrome, JJ+ and maybe like AQ and AK, but other than that aren't you like raising every other hand that has some value and limping your weak connectors, someting like J7, 53, etc, etc. So my point is keep pounding on those sb since you do have position and usually c-bet or two barrels gets them to fold. Well, I wouldn't do this every time (as Bob says in a later post). But you can do this often enough to make it worth while. Try it.

9:47 OMG OMG you nit, who folds 67c from sb, this hand plays great in or out of position. Agreed. But I think you had AA on another table and also had to talk. Easy mistake and no biggie.

10:15 table 1 UTG+1 limps, folded to you on button with J9, sb seems kind of tight, big blind is a short stacker so don't have to worry too much about either, anyways I think this is a great spot to isolate the UTG+1 limper and just out play him in position. Again, this is OK if you don't overdo it. You have to be confident enough in your read and post-flop skill also, imo.

10:30ish 33 hand, MP raises, you flat to set mine, fine so far, flop 9 2 T rainbow, when he checks, this is what comes to my mind, he either has a set and thinks you have overcards and is trying to get you to bet or he has over cards and is just giving up on the hand, and to be honest I'm leaning towards over cards, I think he has to bet over pairs and sets here to build the pot. I guess the flop check is ok since you don't want to get re- raised but on the turn I'm almost always betting there to just take it down and to protect my hand. Agreed. Bet the turn when he checks again.

11:00 ok I'm sorry I'm being really picky, but may I ask why you fold A4 from CO, I mean if you don't like playing A rags that's fine w/e, but I treat CO almost same as button to be honest. I see the guy on button is 20/20 so maybe that was your reason to fold, I don't know but just wanted to point this out. Again, I think you may have been wrapped up in another table plus talking. Small mistake.

Ok you know something I don't know, I'm assuming its like a right click or you hit something on keyboard, but how do you check what tables you are in line for and what number, and ty :).

At about 13 minutes you open KQ utg, which you know its not terrible but I feel like there are a lot of calling stations at 25nl so I don't know how profitable this is, I saw Zach comment on this and he means just filter out QK utg and see if you are showing profit or not. Agreed. I think you have to have a tight table and/or a tight table image for this to be successful enough. Not saying never, but I'd ease up on this play.

Just want to point something out, I see your standard raise is 4x, which I guess is a personal thing, but have you thought of perhaps raising 3x from button or like late position, so when you get 3-bet you lose less when you are stealing, and when you have a monster you are more likely to get called and still have position, even though the pot isn't as big as it would be if you raised to 4x, you prolly will get more action from 3x, if you are comfortable playing post flop that is, just a thought. Yep, a personal thing. I think a raise in FR should be geared toward gettting just the right amount of people to play with the kinds of hands you want to play. If 3xBB works, do it. If it takes 4xBB to keep the whole table from seeing flops all the time, then do it. I think it depends on your table, but I do think 4xBB will be correct most of the time at 25NL.

JJ at about 19 minutes in, I think I would lead on the flop, but I don't mind your play at all and definitely fold river if he bets on that board. Agreed. Leading the flop while the pot is small on the flop is usually cheaper than check/calling.

66 at about 20 minutes, table 4, may I ask why you c-bet so much smaller, it just looks weak and your standard c-bet is like 3/4 or 2/3 and when you c-bet 1/2 its just its so weak looking and to be honest that flop hits his flatting range pretty hand imo, so I think one decent c-bet and then give up if he gives you action. Again, agreed plus the human perception factor.

AK hand about 23 minutes in, you flop top pair and nut flush draw, pretty standard and I think you have to call there, although I disagree with zach about flatting, I think you should raise although I think less is better to get weaker aces and maybe weaker flush draws to chase, so I don't mind raising but not so much and then getting it in is fine imo. Raising's OK, imo. But I also like flatting since it disguises your hand. Then getting it in is fine at the end.

QQ at about 27 minutes, I think you played it fine, no reason to really raise the river, checking turn is fine for pot control but betting the turn is prolly thin, Idk to be honest, too many people flat flop and then do the check raise on turn with monsters that I don't know if you could of got more value on turn or not, but I think it was fine and I would of done same. Agreed.

JJ table 6, 29 minutes in, are you raising for value or are you trying to take the pot down? doesn't make sense to raise there to be honest. Agreed. I think it turns into a setmine situation, so flat it.

72 about 32 minutes in, you nit, isolate c-bet, take it down, show, get them to tilt, get AA next aipf, win a stack. :D

I guess I wasn't as picky towards the end but I do want to point out few things, when you are in a pot at one table you seem to zone in and not pay attention to other tables which is not good and you need to be paying attention to what's going on at other tables. Also it seems like you didn't identify the passive vs aggresive players, and it seems like you were isolating limpers only on button, which I feel like you can be a tad bit looser from CO and Hijack too. Also you seem a lil scurred to play the big stack that kept limping which I don't understand why, since it's easier to bluff a big stack and also if he is a calling station its easier to win a stack and when you are in position you can just outplay him in position post flop. This all comes with confidence. Not only in your play, but in your reads. As you get better, you'll be able to make better pre-flop moves based on how you'll play postflop. We've talked before about improving your reads. It will open up your play when you do. We tend to tighten up or tilt off when we are always stumped and that's not good.

I wasn't trying to be a d**k picking on a lot of smallish hands but I feel like everyone commented on big hands that sorta play themselves out while these little hands are the ones where you maximize your edge and grind out $$$. Improve your game and you can start eating at restaurants like me instead of having to eat at mcdonalds and see Zach, or maybe you are just gay and want to see him. :eek:
I just want to restate my agreement on the attention issue. When I make videos, I always play a small amount of tables. I usually make it 3 or 4. It's easier for viewers to follow and it also allows me to talk more. And boy, do I like to talk in my videos :cool:. It especially helps when I have a tough decision and I want to verbalize my thoughts more clearly. I think if I could keep myself from talking as much, I could play more tables in my videos. But that might be boring for the viewers. So in your next video Enty, try 4 tables. Cheers.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks stick, yeah next time 4 it will be I think.