Early Bankroll

CheeseConey

CheeseConey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend signing up for some of the online forum challenge freerolls. These can be rather significant prize pools for a freeroll, over the usual $50 - $100 freerolls.

R

robrtp

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Register to fulltiltpoker, play these normal 100$freerolls and play tight.. And when you get hand, bet, raise, go all in with it. In evening, theres scandinavian freeroll, italy freeroll, german freeroll etc, there are less people in those freeroll than in normal, and its same prize pool. In scandinavian freeroll, theres like 1200players everyday in it, sometimes 1000 or less.

are players from other countries allowed to play in these though?

T

TinaPete

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello I agree with most, play as many freerolls as you can , when you win the amount you fell comfortable with play sng. you have to play good poker to build your stack . good luck at the tables. Tina

RedskinRunner325

RedskinRunner325

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I know how you feel, not wanting to deposit. I'm working on playing freerolls and getting up to 500,000 play chips to get in that $$$ tourney. then I'm going to play some $1 MTTS and hopefully build it up :D

Jodieblonde

Jodieblonde

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls is where it's at until you become more familiar with the game. No need to go in playing cash and losing a lot of your own money. It's a lot of fun playing freerolls and there are plenty of them out there if you take the time to get into them. I wonder what the percentage of people that play on line actually deposit money into an account for real cash play?

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do yourself a great favor and check out some of the threads about freerolls and how to play them. There are quite a few of them around. You'll learn a bunch. This will definately help you with the learning curve.

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a zillion threads about playing freerolls, so I would recommend using the search function at the top of the page on the right and you can read all the advice you could want about the topic. (Same with building a bankroll, actually!)

I will tell you that you WILL NOT learn how win at poker by playing in open freerolls. There are just too many players doing too many stupid things with bad cards in those tourneys.

You would save yourself a ton of grief and time to read through the advice on sites like this or maybe a few books, deposit $25-$30 bucks in a site, let them give you a first-time bonus, and get into the game. If that is totally out of the question, then go ahead and slog your way through the FR's until you can build up enough bankroll to move forward, but be studying the game and learning to play while you're doing it. It will take a while, but you will appreciate what you've done once your BR grows!

Good luck! (And use this forum to learn! There is a wealth of good information on Cardschat for new players--you'll learn which people to pay attention to and which to ignore!):D

I

IvaiLamDimidov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice would be to play a lot of freerolls until you have about 15 or 20 dollars. Then start playing real money games. Deciding to play ring games or tournaments is up to you, it depends what you are good at. I personally would start with ring games to increase my bankroll some more. Then do a mix of ring games and tournaments. Don't use more than 15% of your bankroll on any one ring game or tournament. It takes quite a lot of self control and patience to do this. And a lot of skill and some luck to increase your bankroll. Things that Chris Ferguson and other pros are blessed with:cool:.

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play as many freerolls as u can there are way to many to list cc has some good ones go to the calender to find what days played and once u hit for some cash your best bet is to start with micro sitngos and try to build ur br up and as u increase ur bankroll u move up in stakes at the sitngos some times it will not go your way but keep plugging u will win cash.

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play as many freerolls as u can there are way to many to list cc has some good ones go to the calender to find what days played and once u hit for some cash your best bet is to start with micro sitngos and try to build ur br up and as u increase ur bankroll u move up in stakes at the sitngos some times it will not go your way but keep plugging u will win cash.

Trucker,

You've got some good advice there, but mix in some PUNCTUATION, bro!!;)

cdlvf1160

cdlvf1160

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
play free and be patient
I play freeroll and my bankroll is al 600$ with 0$ in deposit
my goal is to play in 1/2$ limit
I wait a little to play cash because the micro limit is not good
When you raise with cent the other players call with garbages
Minimum limit is 0.10/0.20 for me with 100BB on table (0.2 x 100 )
I play like that
But i'm very patient.

P

pkrook

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm...

stay disciplined, set goals for yourself that are attainable and give yourself
time and patience in reaching those goals you set forth for yourself. :)

amagic

amagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think freeroll is good for you the first break lots of donks to fall out from tour and if you play quitly you will be in ITM.
You learn more which cards play and which cards fold! What is position! ETC.

I begun in Titanpoker 0$ deposit, i had 50$ i played micro CG and SnG but very important if you loose 5% to day didnt play away.
Bankroll course is hard but important!

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, and this is from beginner's point of view and from my experience, I think best thing to do if you have 50 bucks is

Use Chris Ferguson method(5% rule for sng and ring game, 2% rule for mtt)
Play every freeroll possible
If you couldn't itm 3 times in a row for tournaments or lost your buy-in 3 times in a row, QUIT for a day.

Those are some basics I apply when I play.

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Chris Ferguson method is very interesting, and although we might not have anywhere close to "Jesus'" poker skills, I think following his bankroll advice is a wise move that we can go along with!

To the OP: Hit the "search" tab at the top right of the page and use it to look for Ferguson Bankroll, that is if you haven't already seen it. GL!

C

Chamaican666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive built up my BR from freerolls and im currently at 16 bucks. However, I used the .10 tourney on Fulltilt and it really helps alot when u have a low BR mainly because if you make ITM just once you have gotten around 14 buyins! :D

also the 1.25 Matrix SnGs are nice, If you are good at multitabling.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management