Dwindling Bankroll

W

wicked663

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got knocked out of a private tourney on Ultimatebet last night. I had the lead from about ten tables left to 6 tables left and then stayed in the top ten down to four.

The chip leader was sitting at my table to my right and I was dealt Kc 7c. I was on the button and called. There were three players left in the hand, all called. The flop came Ac 3d 3c. The first player checked, chip leader bet minimum (600). I called the bet and the other player folded. I put CL on A10 or AJ since there was no bigger bet pre-flop. Turn came Ah and CL checked. I checked. This caused me to rethink his hand at maybe K10 or KJ (his devious plan worked). River came 8c to make my flush. I raised 1200, he doubled me, I went all in and he called with A3o for a boat and took me out.

CL had been doubling bets and catching easy chips on people betting on draws since I got to the table. I thought this was what was happening here, but I was wrong. What did I miss? Or was this just bad betting on my part?

Why did you change your mind about his hand on the turn? Because you did not want to believe he would check the nuts? Why not check the river and see what he does? If he makes a small bet you can call and see if you have it. Instead you bet and are reraised. This reraise should be sending alarms off in your head, WARNING! Instead you get stubburn and push when the board is paired twice and all you have is a flush. You stopped trusting your insticts because you did not want to believe them.

I bet you will not do that again. Better luck next time.

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lil' bankrolls

I USED to think UB was rigged some sorta wa or another--BUT I learned it' really NOT the fault of UB OR any other site! It's called 'variance'; bad 'luck'; bad beats; lousy run of cards--and whatever else bad runs are! I also found that taken a lil' time off during these bad streks helps ALOT! GL!;)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management