the "DON'T!!" list

labatho

labatho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Let's set this list up to beginners like me, what is the list of the DON'T DO IN POKER!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My father beat me not for playing, but for playing back

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Don't abandon your MTT or SNG in the middle because you don't feel like playing anymore

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A is not all that you think, especially if it has a low kicker and is not suited, then judge.

zer0ne

zer0ne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Don’t rush, keep yourself calm and play poker .

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Don´t try to play more agressive than a maniac - especially in tournaments calm down try to find the right spot to take the maniac out. Don´t hurry or make coin flips against bingo players ;-)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Don't! Fall in love with any hand, always remember any two cards can win, and any two can lose, so be prepared to fold a straight from time to time, even a flush when you know it is beaten, I have on occasions, when playing against 2 opponents, seen hands that I have folded be loser's against a full house or better flush!

nejmasni

nejmasni

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't play anymore if you keep losing. Take a break; watch a movie to relax. Go outside and come back refreshed and with clear mind.
Don't play next-level strategies against newbies. Play basic poker against them to win

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
play from positions and know that positions play a big role take your time to make a quick move think about what cards your opponent may have after thinking about it and decide to make your move

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's set this list up to beginners like me, what is the list of the DON'T DO IN POKERdd

do not play with your phone, set up a routine to play each hand, like your setting up for a golf swing...
pay attention to every round, even when not in a hand

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow there's amazing advices, I will take notes to improve my game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230306-181046~3.png
    Screenshot_20230306-181046~3.png
    688.2 KB · Views: 0
Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Let's set this list up to beginners like me, what is the list of the DON'T DO IN POKER!
Rule number 1 would be don't take advice in this thread too seriously
Not doing things which others advise you not to do should never be a option - well atleast until you have actually tried these things out to make sure whether you can actually make advantage of them ...

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not doing things which others advise you not to do should never be a option - well atleast until you have actually tried these things out to make sure whether you can actually make advantage of them ...
your reverse psychology will never work in poker, (only if you count with luck instead skill)

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
For me these mistakes are common
1.lose patience
2.Let your emotions rule you
3.Play confident with a good hand
4.Distract you
5.Raise bet in bad position (SB, BB, UGT)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
your reverse psychology will never work in poker, (only if you count with luck instead skill)
Well maybe but this still has a point - for example someone above advised to not play hyper things so let's say you are newcomer then how you are actually knowing these arent for you if you dont even try them out at first place :unsure:

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well maybe but this still has a point - for example someone above advised to not play hyper things so let's say you are newcomer then how you are actually knowing these arent for you if you dont even try them out at first place :unsure:
the thread is about what don't do in poker, do you really know the word advise?

a newcomer in poker can - limp in middle of table with a trash hand, play too many hyper bingo tournaments, never fold, don't study, not have a good bankroll management... whatever

is a fact (known for any experience player) that if he keep doing that, he will lose time, money and will never evolve as a poker player.

go ahead if you doubt

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't mistake your pre-bubble performance in tournaments for your own ability.
That's where the real battle begins.