Donking off chips

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i become chip lead, i still stay tight. when i'm gonna play to see the flop. I raise regardless of what i have. it kicks some people off. advantage of chip lead is, u can play very tight-aggressive and raise pre-flop every often to kick people off. :D

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i sometimes have that problem when i get over confident.
low and mid stack i'm still on the fight and paying more attention, maybe tighter or looser depending.
sometimes it's like i can kick back when i get a lead and not play as many hands. this is not good.
i'm working on it though.
gl on working it out. :)

hrussel17

hrussel17

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, i would say i'm an ok player far from great. My biggest weakness in tournament poker though is donking off chips. I play great as a short/medium stack but if i win a couple big pots and take a chip lead i'm liable to donk them off in 2 hands. Sometimes it's a bad beat, but i do it too much to be about the luck. Any tips to help solve this. I play low buy/freeroll tourneys maybe thats the problem? Cheers.
Usually when you take a big lead in a tournament or get alot of chips your play always changes to become a bit more loose I find a good way to up with those chips is most blinds you should call you tend to want to fold when people raise and you always are representing strong since you have chips but that doesnt mean that if you bet the pot and the kid triples your bet you must call... Another thing you want to do is that when you get that lead is focus more on the bigger stacks that can impact you and see if you can pickup on his playing style like when he bets big with a weak hand or with a strong hand

Poker Chips - History of Chips