Donk bet 1 blind post flop

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the sign of this usually? Just asking out of curiosity.

aquilex2799

aquilex2799

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's usually a blocking bet, I mean, they donk bet a blind trying to make you pay instead of making a bigger continuation bet. It's very common in micro stakes.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
The donk bet is generally a player asking the question “is my hand good?” I generally like to answer his question with a raise. Generally it’s a weak hand they do this with. But a good player doing this is different so be aware of that. And the donk bet is a good tool to have in your poker tool box because there are some good opportunities for you to do this against a villain. Good luck!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its also called a "fish bet", because thats what it is. A very fishy move, and as others have said its usually a weak hand. The way to approach the situation is to pretend, that they checked to you and then do, what you would do against a check. If you would C-bet, then you put in a raise, and if you would have checked back, you just call the silly fish bet. One thing to be aware though, is that a fish bet followed by a 3-bet is actually a very strong line. Its essentially the same as a check-raise but generally skewed more towards value.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I tend to not worry about these little don't bet. Honestly if you watch some of these players, they will do this up to 100% hands they play as the caller.

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
A postflop donk bet (by the first player who did not initiate the bet on the previous street) is often considered a sign of a weak hand or lack of confidence in one's own picture. It can be used by players to change the dynamics of the game or to bluff, but it is a strategy that experienced players usually use with caution. In general, a postflop donk bet tends to indicate a lack of power or control on the part of that player.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I use it to change up my game! You raise big after my limp, be willing to put all your chips in the middle!