Does playing freerolls make you a bad player?

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can learn from any type of game i believe. freerolls, with their constant all-ins are a great place to learn patience. patience is my most valued poker skill.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freeroll sometimes I do some really bad moves that I would never do in real money. I think things get emotional in freeroll. And in my poker you must not get emotional. Good luck

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing only freerolls you break your skill

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One of the bad habits I bring to the real game from freerolls is an All In or Fold game.

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the bad habits I bring to the real game from freerolls is an All In or Fold game.

I find this to be a common issue WHEN I'm playing multiple tourney tables with a free roll table thrown in, I tend to forget that's it not a normal one, and either hold it to the same normal cash standards, or even worse, start playing them like a free roll. I try to only play one free table at a time to remind myself it's a different game.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ones currently on offer from pokerstars certainly have the potential to do so because of the silly payout structure. Once you get in the money and make your 10 cents then most people just go all in because it would take another hour of playing to get to next pay hike to a whopping 27 cents.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you play seriously it does not have to be beneficial

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of the hands I use in freerolls, I use in pay games and I usually get bit in the butt when I try. How do you get rid of the playing junk habit?

I think free tournaments, booked as the cardschat provides, helps a lot who is starting. and in my way of seeing things, only one who is not willing to evolve remains in error.
For example I used to apply 3bet with TT-88 and I analyze how much "money" I was losing with these actions, because most of the time the bord presents a figure or an ace. Then I closed that leak.

Freeroll Passwords