Do you like Omaha hi/lo? Are you titgh or agressive?

W

Will_Nunes23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing Omaha hi/lo just for fun, but I realize that in the low stakes are a lot of recreative players and if you are titgh you can get profit most of the times. It´s basicaly the same players and the agressive ones make more money but this tatics just didn´t work with me until now.
What´s your way to play this game?

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 card omaha high low, extremely tight to stack off, question is very broad and basically needs specific scenarios to explain well. Game is very complex at high stakes (200+ buy ins).
Hope this helped at least a little bit and Good Luck!

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play pretty tight. I guess since low gets half, that lots of times I will not go in unless I have a decent low opportunity.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Playing Omaha hi/lo just for fun, but I realize that in the low stakes are a lot of recreative players and if you are titgh you can get profit most of the times. It´s basicaly the same players and the agressive ones make more money but this tatics just didn´t work with me until now.
What´s your way to play this game?

It isn't as insane as straight Omaha and is the type I play most by far. I almost always at least min cash or take a bounty or two in a KO tournament, the only type I currently play.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
PLO-8 has become one of my go-to games to play and relax and still make a buck. I've found that at the lower levels and lower buy-in sng's that it's easy to nit your way into the $ or near it. Once you're in it's easier to play pot-limit raises w/minimal goods. I swear it. Just today we were down to 4 players in the first 2 blinds. Plus I like that there's no ante; usually.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing Omaha hi / lo, I prefer the tight aggressive style at the beginning of the tournament and the looser style towards the end of the tournament.

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like to play Omaha H/L and Omaha PL. I tend to be very conservative when playing poker in general and Omaha is dangerous because of the many ways to lose after the flop. H/L games always give false hope and cause me to stay in pots I should fold or not play. It depends on the stakes involved or if it is a freeroll.

There are premium hands to play and duds to fold, either way it is random and many possibilities can unfold.

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Really like playing Omaha.
I tend to play tight but aggressive if I get any hand to work with.
Say two pair or better and/or A2 or 3 on a low board.
My biggest problem is starting hands. I tend to play pairs, two suits (say spades and clubs) for the flush potential.
I am not a bit g fan of AA because it rarely seems to win. Unless I have a 2 or 3 to go with in hi/lo.
Got burned when I first tried Omaha and tried to play like regular Holdem. Did not do so well early. Learned my lesson well

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
I just focus on NL games

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha hi/lo is an action-packed game, I think we need to hone our postflop game skill so that we can have an edge in competition. In those omaha game with lots of preflop raise and reraise, it is pretty tough to beat such games.

P

plan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha hi/lo is an action-packed game, I think we need to hone our postflop game skill so that we can have an edge in competition. In those omaha game with lots of preflop raise and reraise, it is pretty tough to beat such games

. Against maniacs I play short stacks. 1-2 hands win and walk away. That's usually a good win. I know I'll beat the maniac unless it's a bad day. And it won't happen all the time.

Last edited:
ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi /Low

Loev playing Omaha Hi/ Low. Like the bomb pots tables they have at ACR. I would say I play pretty tight unless I know for sure I have the high hand as most are playing for the low hand. will push my hand hand till the river comes adn then raise any bet made.

GL all:D:D

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes for fun or nano stakes , not seriously as I am not good . In the past I used to play cash zoom games , it was fun back then

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Omaha H/L is not my favorite game but I have to play it when I play HORSE or 8-Game. You really need to be aware of your cards and the board because so many combinations are possible and one card can change everything. It is a fun game but I try to play tight. In general this is a game, where you need experience. Otherwise it is really difficult.

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rake is the big killer in this game. With all the splits the house always wins. In my mind this lends itself to a Passive Aggressive game.

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like OMHL but don't like that every other pot is split. Not only do you have to have the best poker hand you really do ALSO need the best low hand. AAKK is often a mediocre hand. Folks generally go crazy with A2 hands only to either split the pot or worse yet only collect a quarter of the pot or even worse flop a fantastic low hand and still lose. As somebody said above it can be a complex game.