Do you find it difficult to empty your pockets?

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Personally, it is difficult for me to drop AA and KK, since with these pockets I usually make a very strong 5-6 BB rise

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Personally, it is difficult for me to drop AA and KK, since with these pockets I usually make a very strong 5-6 BB rise
That´s very unbalanced and so it only might work against rookies, fishes and maniacs. Thinking players just fold their good hands if your open raise sizing is doubled or trippled.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
slow play and milk the table. need to look out for stronger hands tho

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The table must be read well.
Even if you have a strong hand

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
That´s very unbalanced and so it only might work against rookies, fishes and maniacs. Thinking players just fold their good hands if your open raise sizing is doubled or trippled.

I'm the kind of thinking (or is it unthinking) player who loves noticing when someone raises higher than they usually do with AA or KK.

Possibly unthinking because I like to play more speculatively than I otherwise would, playing more hands. Standard raise from the lojack/hijack? I'm folding something like 22 or 76s in the small blind. If someone is telling telling me they have aces or kings pre-flop by raising a little more than normal I'm seeing flops for 5.5 big blinds. Easy fit or fold against someone who may well end up married to their hand. We're playing for stacks at that point.

76 suited could get into allsorts of trouble out of position if I hit 1 pair vs. a standard raise. At least I know where I'm at against aces and that's out of there as fast as possible. Hit the flop hard with at least an open ended straight draw, a flush draw, 1 pair plus a draw, or two pairs+ to continue.

Edit: I should specify, I'm talking cash games here or deeper stacks in tournament play. Certainly not doing it with 35 BBs or if the big blind 3 bets regularly!

Last edited:
yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Generally you want to get the maximum amount in preflop with aces and kings, It makes sense to make 5-6 BB rise to eliminate also max hands preflop and sometime i think its better to go all in preflop.