Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Villain fires super low riverbet or minraises on the river.
Do you ever call here to get information?
Can it be +EV?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Yes, many times. If you're not up against a good balanced player it can tell you a lot.

Plus you can win the pot if they bluff of course.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sometimes I do.

Either because I have at least a slight chance to win at showdown or else if I've seen it a few times already and I want to understand the hands he does it with.

Often I've also seen it's some sort of blocker bet because they're beat. But of course this mini bluff is not making anyone fold, but I guess they want to avoid getting bet big, although they could also always fold in this case.

Puzzling move to me. 😅

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Sometimes I do this. When I play against an unknown opponent.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
You can do this if you want to know how a player plays and with what cards and take a note of him so that you know how he will play in the future, but you should not do this often because you will lose a lot of money and there will not always be a bluff, as you think, rarely reveal the highest card

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
when I play without too much information about my opponent's strange actions

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its saves time to sometimes see what they have under certain situations but it has to be for a reasonable price or just wait to see one of their showdowns. But use commonsense.

If you're playing beginners then assume everyone is a beginner until you see something that shows they're not a beginner or an intermediate player or whatever and go from there while making the adjustment.

If you can't make the adjustment or figure out what they are then walk away or just observe from the rail until you have a better idea of what is happening.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if you have a hand of medium strength, then I think it is a plus for EV

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I've done it out of curiosity.

I play microstakes and sometimes run into people who will donk lead for 1 or 2 bb post flop on every street in raised pots, even in 3 bet pots and multiway. I've been curious and called with nothing before.

One answer is to raise as it looks weak, some players like to do it as a bit of a feeble bluff attempt.

Some players do it to induce a bluff, and they were actually strong, either calling then betting big on the next street, or re-raising.

Other times it's a player on a draw, thinking he can put a min bet out as an attempted block bet on the flop/turn to see a cheap card.

It can be a player with a mid-strength hand who just doesn't know where he is at.

Some players just don't seem to understand how to size bets at all.

In that sort of situation I've called before just to find out which of those, or anything else they might have been doing so that next time they do it I might better understand their approach.

Last edited:
userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I do it sometimes, especially in the early stages of tournaments, but not in hyper tournaments. Sometimes it is necessary to understand how the opponent plays in order to effectively oppose him in the following hands.